PDA

View Full Version : PlayStation Network handle registration for Europeans now up

Zerow
16th December 2006, 01:09 AM
In case you're not aware, Europeans can now register their desired handle for the PlayStation Network in preperation for their PS3.

Linky (https://account.np.ac.playstation.net/accounts/register/beginNewAccountRegistrationFlow.action)

It's worth noting that somewhere in the User Agreement, it mentions that if you create an account via your PC and you don't activate it via your PS3 by March 31st 2007, your account may be withdrawn. Best be doubly sure you get a PS3 on launch then if you don't want to lose your desired handle. ;-)

I made an account earlier on. All I need now is a PS3, hopefully on launch to avoid having to make a new account. :hyper

My online handle is: Zerow (w00t! Someone didn't already take it! =D). See y'all online when PS3 WipEout comes out, and maybe sooner.

infoxicated
16th December 2006, 11:11 AM
I got infoxicated yesterday when they sent an email saying it was live.

Not sure if I'll have a PS3 before the end of March, so I'm wondering if it's possible to activate it from any PS3, since the accounts are meant to be portable. :)

lunar
16th December 2006, 12:41 PM
thanks for the info Zerow :)

Even if there is no WipEout at release I`ll probably have difficulty not buying a PS3, just to be AG Ready, and stuff......

spk is locked and loaded...... bring it on :banzai ;)

Asayyeah
16th December 2006, 01:24 PM
Got Asayyeah ;)
maybe it's a bug from french redirection site to ps3 but it's written we need to activate this before march 31st 2008

infoxicated
16th December 2006, 01:43 PM
Maybe it was 2008.

To tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

Oops... wrong movie!

Wait... this isn't even a movie! :o

Hellfire_WZ
16th December 2006, 03:59 PM
Some git wizard already nicked mine :(

Had to go with Hellfire_WZ. Guess that's okay if we end up getting a WipeoutZone clan together for any online play ;)

infoxicated
16th December 2006, 04:06 PM
Did you not try and l33t it up with some H3llF1r3? ;)

It gave me the option of registering a main account or a sub account, but after I'd registered the main account I couldn't seem to get back to the part that gave me the option without starting over again. I figured I'd just leave it until I have a PS3 sitting in my living room. :)

Hellfire_WZ
16th December 2006, 04:07 PM
Nah, l33t speak makes me go out killing :p

Rapier Racer
16th December 2006, 07:43 PM
oooo cool got me Rapier_Racer :cowboy doubt that would be taken in a hurry anyway

stin
16th December 2006, 07:55 PM
Some basturd nicked my name!:bomb but my name is stin69 and I will have to remember my friggen password with numbers in it!:blarg

So I`m in and ready.................

stevie:D :+

xEik
16th December 2006, 08:52 PM
xEik is hardly ever taken anywhere but I registered nonetheless.
And I don't plan purchasing a PS3 until, at least, March 2008 (unless there is a surprise price drop before that, which I honestly doubt).

Zerow
16th December 2006, 10:47 PM
Some basturd nicked my name!:bomb

I had the same problem on Xbox Live. Bloody annoying! :mad:

Thankfully the PlayStation Network hasn't been up for that long, and since Zerow isn't terribly popular with anyone else, I can lay claim to my true name quite easily! :)

Seek100
17th December 2006, 04:36 PM
Fortunately my name is obscure enough that I don't have to worry, but I nabbed sEEk100 just now. I wanted sEEk'100'' to add a bit of wipE'out'' flavour to it, but they wouldn't allow apostrophes in IDs. :-

Leftism
18th December 2006, 12:29 AM
I'm suprised no American runt took TheManFromUNCLE, managed to grab that one easy. Now all I need is 425 quid and a good enough broadband connection

Lion
18th December 2006, 05:43 AM
Lion was taken - unsurprisingly

so I am NZLion - same as on kai

edit: I think I might also be NZ Lion (with the space) from when I signed up for "network gaming" from the ps2 and psp, on a different email address.
need a ps3 to try log in from so I can be sure, but the name was unavailable when I tried to sign up for it.
looks like most of the playstation network is down at the moment for some reason anyway, so that makes checking anything considerably harder :p

TMoney
3rd January 2007, 05:44 AM
Hi everyone ;)

I thought that, now that I'm safe, I'd pleasantly remind you all to create your Wipeout-related PSNetwork ID's now :D

Mine is Feisar!

That's right, anybody with a PS3 add me up my typing my favourite AG team up ;)

Quickly grab the other ones everybody BEFORE they're gone!

Peace :D

Tye

See you when PS3 Wipeout is out :D

il_NIK
4th January 2007, 01:27 PM
Got il_Nik :D

yeah, it's mine!