PDA

View Full Version : GTHD Demo

mclarensmps
29th December 2006, 03:29 AM
I'm in love...

Such a beautiful looking game...

on top of that, im ranked #1 with the Ferrari 599 GTB on the forward course (non tuned) with 1:10.843 hehehe.

The replays are fantastic, the physics are EVEN better, but i totally miss having rumble. i dont get surface feedback from the road and it kinda bums me out

infoxicated
3rd January 2007, 02:23 PM
And that's why I'll end up playing it with a force feedback wheel! :)

rdmx
4th January 2007, 01:10 AM
Rob, get the Logitech driving force pro. It has full 900 degree steering! Perfect for ultimate realism. Plus a GT badge on the wheel.

infoxicated
4th January 2007, 10:13 AM
Already have one - had it for a couple of years now, although I use it for playing GTR2 on my PC more than I use it with my PS2 these days. It almost makes Gran Tourismo worth playing. Almost.

The 900 degree steering is pointless, I think. Fair enough, if you're playing a truck driving or ship simulator, but racing cars don't ever need 900 degrees of rotation at the steering wheel. I think I have mine set at 240 - any higher than that and I find my car wanders all the time and I need to increase toe in for stability on long straights.

Cannon_Fodder
4th January 2007, 10:20 AM
I didn't think you were allowed to have rumble enabled in a PS3 game, even if you have a rumble/ force feedback peripheral plugged in?

Have to say that I'm more excited about Forza 2 on the 360 to be honest.

infoxicated
4th January 2007, 01:20 PM
Why not? If the game supports a wheel and the wheel has force feedback (which is quite different from rumble), then why wouldn't it be there?

The issue is with the way the DualShock implemented rumble, isn't it.

Cannon_Fodder
5th January 2007, 05:17 PM
I expect you are right. I just seem to remember reading that Sony weren't going to let developers support that feature (in the same way that you have to remove mouse support from a 360 game) - possibly because it made their own controller look worse. I can't find out anything about it now so it was probably just one of the long list of dodgy rumours that's been floating around!

infoxicated
5th January 2007, 05:51 PM
Actually, I read again today on Kotaku that Sony wont be allowing force feedback. I'm putting that down to mis-translation and high hopes on the part of Kotaku, as they're well into Sony bashing.

It would be an incredibly daft decision if it were true, though - which is why I have a hard time believing that the PS3 will never have rumble or force feedback.

Lance
5th January 2007, 10:41 PM
I can't believe that one either. Even though Sony have made a couple of dodgy decisions about copyright protection in the past year or two, I just don't believe they would limit the buyer-pleasing features of the games for their consoles. It would be shooting themselves in the foot; giving their competitors an edge. Granted that GT has been a moneymaking exclusive for Sony, but cross-platform games are common, and are probably going to become the overwhelming majority of games because of extremely high development costs.

lunar
6th January 2007, 01:19 AM
I would really miss well-implemented rumble. There are games on which it might as well not be there - such as some rally games where it just rumbles the whole damn time, much like the car would, and doesn`t tell you anything. On PGR3, though, the rumble is a fantastic complement to the game and PS3 games would really miss it, imo. I guess it could be the same on GT, though that game isn`t really my cup of tea anyway. Generally I think driving sims without rumble will really lose out.

rdmx
6th January 2007, 04:51 AM
Does the driving force pro work with the pc?
Wow!
But it's too big to put anyway on my computer desk.

I bought a 360 controller to use as a pc gamepad instead!