PDA

View Full Version : PSP died ?

Asayyeah
24th November 2006, 04:42 PM
LAst night working perfectly in Kai and today when i switch on my psp : the umd was turning fast and creating a sound like an eternal reboot, do you picture that! i get only the psp menu and only this :(
I took the battery off, the MC, also changed from umd but no way to see umd disk icone.
I haven't done anything with it between yesterday night and this afternoon

Any suggestions?

stin
24th November 2006, 04:46 PM
Did you see any dust inside?

Hopes it`s works tonight!

stevie:frown:

lunar
24th November 2006, 05:05 PM
is this the same symptoms as what happened before, I think back in January or something like that, when you were setting up Kai? That time did it just fix itself or did you do something to it to make it work? :(

andy
24th November 2006, 05:22 PM
too bad m8 :( I feel for you, same thing happened to me a while back. I had to buy pure again. Unlucky. Hope it still works.

Mad-Ice
24th November 2006, 05:51 PM
Damn darn that sucks!!! Big time. Do you still got the receipt? Maybe you can get a new one. UUHHHmmmm that is gonna be your third or fourth?!

Good luck Arnaud, i hope it will work out for you.

lunar
26th November 2006, 05:38 PM
You could try this (http://www.gtelectronics.co.uk/) link. I just remembered I bookmarked it a while ago. I`ve never used them, or heard any testimony about the place, but might be worth a try. It says they can repair errors with not reading UMDs.

stin
26th November 2006, 07:38 PM
****!, I just talked to ASA! few minutes ago!. Anyway, that`s look promising!

Arnaud is taking his PSP to the game hospital tomorrow to see if they can de-fib his PSP!;)

Arnaud is fine but gutted and he went to the disco last night and he did enjoyed it for the first time! Good on you mate!

stevie:)

Zerow
26th November 2006, 08:54 PM
Sorry to hear that Arnaud. Hopefully you'll be able to get back in action soon. :+

mclarensmps
28th November 2006, 05:46 AM
UMD's are pretty badly made, my wipeout UMD is falling apart as well, its only going to be a matter of days before mine goes. When the PSP is trying to read half broken UMD's no good can come of it, i think it is something sony should sort out.

Asayyeah
28th November 2006, 08:40 PM
thx guys.

Here's what happend : i took it at the gamestore yesterday , they kept it the whole day to check what was wrong and today i have it.
1 good news & 1 bad...
The good part : my psp is fine again and can read umds, but ... they say the problem comes from the lense which is not working properly...so i can have this 'bug' again tomorrow , next week or later (i hope).
Next time it will happend i ll get the risk to downgrade to 1.5 , dl devhook or other homebrew to let me play by storing my game into my MS or into pc through usb cable... last choice before buying a new one and i can't afford it now ( need to spare money for the US & Holland Wipeout conventions next year )

q_dmc12
28th November 2006, 11:03 PM
um, I had the same problem several months back (early july I believe) - however I kept a cool head ;)

What I did was I took a cotton swab (Q-tip to some), saturated one end in rubbing alcohol and lightly stroked the laser-eye lens. Then I took the dry end of the q-tip and gently wiped any remaining alcohol away - worked like a charm!

Another one of the 1003 uses for rubbing alcohol :p