PDA

View Full Version : Any Acclaim forsaken fans out there?

username
21st November 2006, 02:38 AM
Hi i must say that i was a huge fan of the ps1 version of the game, and played it alot, however i have always wanted the pc version and never been able to find it, since as it is fairly dated (but still amazing i think). However i came accross a site a few weeks ago that allows you to download the full version for free, and at only 80mb! surprisingly although only 80mb it is absolutely fine and dandy! and i have got it working.
there is a small community on game spy arcade for the online death matches (up to 16 people at a time ^_^) but its often very quiet, and not too many games :(. I would love to see some more people there, if you need any help please msn, or icq me! i wont bite ;) haha.

heres a link to the site where you can download the game in minutes: http://www.forsakenplanet.tk/ download from mirror one, and DO NOT INSTSALL ANY GAME PATCHES!, online gamers do not use the patched versions of the game, one they are not compatible with each other.

AmigoJack
12th December 2006, 07:46 PM
Hmm... actually I like it quite much. The soundtrack was very fascinating to me, thats why it rocks to have it on cd :) The graphics where fabulous due to the 3Dfx era that time. And the game itself was thrilling because of the atmosphere exploring the forsaken tunnels and caves out of hitech-leftover.

I think it will work on my tower (voodoo²), but I don't plan to plug it to the inet - sorry. But I just wanted to mention I did (and do) like the game v.much also :)

infoxicated
13th December 2006, 09:54 AM
Yeah - I really liked this too.

I was playing it like mad up until Wipeout 3 came out... and the rest, as they say, is history. ;)

Leftism
13th December 2006, 11:46 AM
Yeah, I remember this game. I only ever played the demo but I remember it being pretty hard. Always struggled at it

infoxicated
13th December 2006, 12:20 PM
Two player was good fun, although it was easy for one player to hoard all the weapons and then pick the other player off when they respawned.

The controls were mental, too - the levels were very mazey and it was easy to become disoriented due to all the twisting, turning, and changes in horizontal.

Lion
13th December 2006, 07:02 PM
I'm not sure I ever played this.. but I remember seeing it on demo loop on an (at the time) high end gaming PC; and thinking it looked like a more arcadey version of one of the descent games.. is that an accurate description?

AmigoJack
14th December 2006, 01:18 PM
@Lion: yep. However, I discovered the Descent-games later than Forsaken. But in the end... yes, it is "descentive". How about the sountrack, anyone got it too? I also think the game came for free with some graphic cards back then (which would have been more entertaining for me, I "only" got "Incoming", "G.Police", some NFS-clone and a soccer-games - only G.Police caught my attention)