PDA

View Full Version : Jesterware PSP video tools

infoxicated
11th November 2006, 07:30 PM
After having a bit of an ebay spree recently, I had some cash lying around in my paypal account, so I decided to treat myself to some software for ripping dvd's to put them on my PSP.

I downloaded a few different programs to try out - most were fairly glitchy, but Jesterware's DVD to PSP seemed to do exactly what I wanted. So this evening I went off to their site to download their pack of PSP video tools. Unfortunately I was distracted by my daughter right at the point of clicking "buy this"!

I ended up buying the wrong thing, rather than the pack I'd intended to buy. I dropped them a support mail to see if they could help, and they told me to go right ahead and buy the other piece of software I would have gotten in the pack, and they'd refund the saving I would have gotten had I not messed up.

Result! :D

If you're looking for some software that does the same, you could do much worse than try the Jesterware stuff out - great customer service deserves a recommendation. :+

http://www.jesterware.co.uk/

andy
11th November 2006, 09:06 PM
good for you although it's a bit of an advertisement ;). I use psp video9. I don't have a very large memory card so I don't really have anything decent and I use my psp for music most of the time.

So, what's the first thing you put on it?

infoxicated
11th November 2006, 09:23 PM
Hah! I was afraid somebody would ask that. :D

As it turned out, it was Eposide 19 of Miami Vice season one - The Home Invaders, followed by the first two episodes from season one of The Fast Show.

PSP Video9 is alright, but I've had poor results ripping dvd's and I'd tried almost every setting under the sun. It was just getting frustrating trying to work out some magical combination of settings that would get me a good quality movie file that didn't take up my whole memory stick. The Jesterware software has made two really qood quality rips - Miami Vice at 47 minutes is 201Mb, and The Fast Show at 29 minutes is 123Mb.

Think I'll treat myself to a 4Gb stick this week if I successfully ebay a few more things, then I can make a start on my favourite movies... like Galaxy Quest, for example! ;)

andy
11th November 2006, 10:23 PM
Fast Show and Galaxy Quest are both quality :+

Rapier Racer
11th November 2006, 11:04 PM
So say I had a Simpsons DVD and wanted to rip episode 3 on disk one I could easily do that with this software? I have some crappy X-OOM movie clone stuff that will only rip the first episode and nothing else, then I must convert it to MP4 using another bit of software oh the hassle of it all

Also Sony sent me an email offering me the chance to download a magic bit of software that allows the PSP to play common video formats and such for £4.99 (£7.99 regularly) those swine’s why wasn’t mpg the most common of formats the default supported on the PSP in the first place! £$£$£$£$

I apologise for the rant.

Edit: Where are you getting your 4GB stick foxy? My trusted sources don't have it.

andy
11th November 2006, 11:13 PM
$ony are releasing their own media manager for the PSP. I think that's what your e-mail was concerning. They certainly took their time with it.

They messed it up a bit on the website. (http://www.yourpsp.com/psp/psp.html#id=media_manager&section=accessory_psp_detail&locale=en_gb) The last sentence doesn't make too much sense.

Available from shops, or by download from Available from shops, or by download from Sony Media Software

stin
11th November 2006, 11:39 PM
Edit: Where are you getting your 4GB stick foxy? My trusted sources don't have it.

Hmm interesting...where did you get 4gigs????

stevie:nod

Rapier Racer
11th November 2006, 11:55 PM
Well so far I found it here

http://www.sandisk.com/Products/Item(1970)-SDMSG-4096-SanDisk_Gaming_Memory_Stick_PRO_Duo_4GB.aspx

infoxicated
12th November 2006, 12:32 PM
So say I had a Simpsons DVD and wanted to rip episode 3 on disk one I could easily do that with this software?
Yes, absolutely. You can even split things up by chapters if you like, although I did that with episode one of The Fast Show and it had chapters every two minutes, so that wasn't great, but it would work quite well with a long movie.

I'll probably be picking mine up from Scan Hardware:

http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo.asp?WebProductID=465159

Assuming I can ebay my 28" telly and some other odds and ends - I don't really have £80 going spare right now. ;)

Rapier Racer
12th November 2006, 12:38 PM
A year ago I payed that for a 1gig stick, *OBSCENITIES* I'll pick one up from there ta!

infoxicated
12th November 2006, 12:43 PM
Tell me about it - I got my 1Gb stick just over a year ago and you can get a 2Gb stick for that now. I reckon the 4Gb stick gives the best GB/£ ratio, which is why I'm leaping straight to that. My little brother will inherit my 1Gb stick when he gets his psp next week - he'll never know how restrictive the 32Mb that comes with it is!

Rapier Racer
12th November 2006, 12:49 PM
lol! ah yes Sony’s little joke, still in its little packet in my PSP packaging I believe. I bought my SANDISK stick before the PSP came out only got a Sandisk to spite Sony really :robot I thought they only sold the giga pack now

infoxicated
12th November 2006, 01:33 PM
They do and they don't. I'd ordered one for my brother and two weeks later I was told it was unavailable, and that they only had base packs on offer. So I ordered a base pack and that has taken four weeks - I'm told it'll be here next week. As you probably know, it doesn't come with memory or anything much else. I had intended to give my brother my old 32Mb stick, but I ended up sending that to my cousin after he acquired a base pack a few weeks ago.

I guess I'm just that anxious to get everyone gaming on the PSP that I'll do it at my own expense! ;)

Rapier Racer
12th November 2006, 07:03 PM
Ye should have went to GAME they have Giga googly packs, on the shelf no 4 week delay (well locked in a glass cabinet really) I assumed that was the only one for sale as HMV had that and only that too, can't believe they actually sell a pack with no memory whatsoever alot ot use that is if you don't already have a stick

infoxicated
12th November 2006, 10:44 PM
Without wanting to perpetuate any stereotypes - like you, I'm scottish - if ordering it from staff sales costs me £40 less than the high street then I'm going to take it... even if it means waiting a few weeks! :D