PDA

View Full Version : Fake Mails

Rapier Racer
16th October 2006, 04:51 PM
Just a small heads up, there seems to be another wave of fake emails spoofing Paypal going around saying your account has been identified as having high risk activity blah blah and of course the respond to this notice button which takes you to some fake ass site. Be careful everyone! :nod

jospicy
16th October 2006, 05:42 PM
time to have some more fun....
paypal account: ihatespammers
password: <insert ridicule or general abuse here>
:p

Tomahawk
16th October 2006, 07:19 PM
Yeah, that's the same way I deal with those guys. But sadly these fake-mail suckers are never impressed even when they'd get a thousend answers like the one mentioned above... But it's still fun though.:)

q_dmc12
17th October 2006, 12:09 AM
That's probably how I got ripped off:frown:

Lion
17th October 2006, 06:44 AM
I have bought 2 things off ebay.
one was a neGcon, I have that :D
the other was the saturn versions of WipEout and 2097, that never arrived, the guy was always "yeah I'll send it tomorrow" and eventually stopped replying altogether

Mobius
18th October 2006, 10:35 PM
For those a tad worried about this, all companies involving online money transfer such as Paypal and online banks such as Egg etc. address you by your real name...so if you get "Dear x member" its fake...:)

jospicy
18th October 2006, 10:51 PM
also the web address used in 99% of cases is a string of numbers (zzz.zzz.zzz.zzz) ... it pays to read which site you're actually on

q_dmc12
19th October 2006, 07:42 PM
For those a tad worried about this, all companies involving online money transfer such as Paypal and online banks such as Egg etc. address you by your real name...so if you get "Dear x member" its fake...:)
Damn:brickwall (pardon the language)