PDA

View Full Version : Strange and/or exiting weekend!!!

Mad-Ice
10th October 2006, 03:23 PM
Mmmmh! Last weekend i was going to Arnhem with 9 friends to visit the old city. Friday afternoon we arrived at the campsite, we had a good meal and enough beer and wine to get through the night. The next morning we were just 15 minutes in Arnhem and then we heard a big car making skidmarks on the road we were stopped by a big policevan with 7 real big policemen. They screamed: Stop, don't move and give us your ID!!!! Immediatly i thought oeps, this is going to be a problem. They said that there will be a demonstration of the extreme right polical party and that extreme left will be there too!!! Guess how we looked!! (Long hair, baggy trousers.) So that is why the mayer has given us the right to check on everyone. I was the only one with no ID card. My hands were tight behind my back, i was frisked and they put me in the van. Then they drove me to the policestation and i was put in jail. WHAT, unbelievable, it took them 4 hours to get all the info on me and another 2 hours to set me free, because they didn't find anything. So welcome to Arnhem. Where is this country going to!?

infoxicated
10th October 2006, 04:01 PM
Wow!

That seems a bit over the top.

Did you get an apology when they released you?

lunar
10th October 2006, 04:09 PM
:o Must have been more than a bit stressful/enraging. Wow. I hope you were able to calm down somehow afterwards.

Asayyeah
10th October 2006, 06:34 PM
I can't believe that Matthijs !!

You were at the wrong place at the wrong moment :( . Without doing anything than having long hairs , cops have deduced that you were on extra left with angry feeling against the extra right... and get to jail for 4 hours : this is unbelievable . i can assure you that happends in french big cities sometimes : few months ago in Paris , the heptathlon woman Eunice Barber ( wellknown & famous in France) has been controlled by police in a road of Paris : she hasn't got her ID & driving license , she has been immediately handcuffed violently, been hit by 3 cops and been pushed without caution into the police car... even without having a ID card or a driving license on you ( that happended to me few times), i never been into jail or even handcuffed for that: why ? because i wasn't black like Eunice : one word racism for her and discrimination for you Matthijs : World is still doom ...

btw one problem for the cops ;) the scene has been filmed by someone and 3 of them were fired. Justice may be here sometimes !

andy
10th October 2006, 07:35 PM
That's a bit harsh!
btw, was there a riot or something?

Shem
10th October 2006, 08:04 PM
well, it's a cool thing when you tell that kind of stuff to us, but i wouldn't want to be in your position at that time, surely. But hey, that's how police works. Most of the time they take care of the most useless stuff, but c'mon - without them we'd be f'ed.

Zerow
11th October 2006, 12:48 AM
Ouch! :o

Again, I wouldn't have liked to have been in your position.

Mad-Ice
11th October 2006, 10:48 AM
Thanks for the nice reactions guys.

To answer your questions: no apologies were given. I will get a ticket on top of it, around the 50 euro's.

I wasn't stressfull at all, just really really amazed, i couldn't believe it! And i knew for sure if i didn't cooperate that it would surely take me a few days there. So i took the best of the situation and got some extra sleep there and got rid of my hangover!8)

Actually it was 6 hours in total, 6 hours too long i can tell you!