PDA

View Full Version : PS3 delayed in Europe until next year

Hellfire_WZ
6th September 2006, 08:40 AM
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=19492

http://www.mcvuk.com/newsitem.php?id=24341

What a surprise... Japanese and US launch will go ahead as planned, but Europe gets screwed over again.

eLhabib
6th September 2006, 09:28 AM
Just heard the news from a friend on the way to work. Well, what can I say: seeing as Sony didn't have a single finished PS3 running at the Games Convention, not even the devs behind closed doors, I was kinda expecting this. Shows that they haven't learned from the PSP launch flop at all...

Asayyeah
6th September 2006, 12:34 PM
March 2007... anyway i don't expect to buy that console before Wipeout will be released on it.
But as usual, europe , russia ,africa australia come last.

Happy Christmas sales for Wii and 360 then :p

stin
6th September 2006, 04:27 PM
Actually I was kinda expected it cos it`s happens for the last few years, delay after delay.......

Some people will bound to get pissed off at this but I`m not!

stevie:)

Zerow
6th September 2006, 06:40 PM
Hey, look on the bright side: at least it gives us more time to scrape together £425 to buy one. :p

Dominator
7th September 2006, 02:16 AM
No big suprise there, i now wonder if Microsoft will delay the much anticipated release of Halo 3, it was meant to coincide with the PS3 launch
*hmm i wonder* :rolleyes:

infoxicated
7th September 2006, 08:52 AM
It was meant to coincide, but it never stood a chance in hell of doing so. I still don't think Halo 3 will arrive with the Euro PS3 launch - probably more like a 360 price cut will happen instead.

eLhabib
7th September 2006, 10:08 AM
Halo3 wasn't planned to release in time with the PS3. It's set for a Q3 2007 release.

Hellfire_WZ
7th September 2006, 10:14 AM
Which at this rate WILL coincide with the PS3 release :D

Sausehuhn
7th September 2006, 01:47 PM
Ahahah, Sony didn't leran anything from the PSP launch. As Martin already said.

Don't they notice that their reputation is going worse and worse?
I like Sony in terms of music systems, TVs (even if they're not the best) and cells, but what they do with their consoles is - to make it short - just ****.

Do they really think people will say "oh, no problems. March 2007 is ok... even when they said March 2006 at 1st and then November."?
And the best thing is: you get a console with the 360's graphics two (!) years later. For more (!) money. Huray!
Even if the graphics are a bit better the two years difference don't excuse this.

And the U.S. and Japan will get the whole **** in November. And then in March 2007 we'll see the markets saying "newest and best console ever"... just like they did with the PSP when it was released in the U.S. and Japan for a half year already...

All we can do is laugh about that.
...But I won't buy a PS3 before the PS3-WipEout is released anyway... and then I still don't care about the PS3. It's just a thing I'll need to play the game.

eLhabib
7th September 2006, 02:48 PM
You know, from what I've seen, finished PS3 games DO have the potential to look a LOT better than what we see on 360, but then there's only a couple of true graphics whores (like me) out there, who are willing to pay extra money to play the same games that are on 360 on PS3, with better graphics.

IMO, the only thing that can save Sony is exclusive original titles like GT, wipEout, MGS and the like. All the multiplatforming that's going on these days might kill the PS3.

Oh and why the hell did they have to jump on the Nintendo train with implementing a motion sensor into the controllers?! Honestly, who needs that sh*t?! If it works as half-assed as it does on the Wii, then I for sure don't wanna have it. Shows you that Sony themselves have probably lost some of the trust they once had in their consoles, and feel they have to rival features from Nintendo ... sad really. Just stick to the tried and tested winning formula: good SOFTWARE!

Rapier Racer
7th September 2006, 02:55 PM
I've had enough of this crap, time to betray my loyalties and buy and Xbox360

Sausehuhn
7th September 2006, 06:14 PM
@Assegai Dev.
just what I thought...

@eL:
...and the controller doesn't even have a rumble feature...

Mad-Ice
7th September 2006, 07:16 PM
But there will be no WipEout on the XBOX360!! For me that's the PURE reason why i have every console of Sony!

lunar
7th September 2006, 07:41 PM
Precisely. For me the PS3 isn`t really a games console, it`s a £425 WipEout machine. So long as it`s available here in time for the release of PS3 WipEout, I`ll be happy.

Mad-Ice
7th September 2006, 08:25 PM
He Lunar i am really laughing out loud now, because that is exactly the same way i feel. A very very expensive WipEout machine. :D

Asayyeah
7th September 2006, 08:59 PM
I still don't care about the PS3. It's just a thing I'll need to play the game.

it`s a £425 WipEout machine

A very very expensive WipEout machine.

geez :mr-t ! Our passion will cost a lot... picture this in the future :' buy the new ps7 and get that free Honda car ... '
( Sony is not our passion, only a way to acheive it)

Lance
7th September 2006, 09:33 PM
Which at this rate WILL coincide with the PS3 release :D

LOL. I'm with you on that one, Charlie. :)

Chill
8th September 2006, 02:38 AM
I'm just being honest, I'm going to buy the PS3 because I've been looking forward to it all year, I'm pro-Sony when it comes to important electronics. ;) I didn't buy the 360, and I probably won't ever buy it, but the PS3 is mine November!!! Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Sony has all kinds of games built on imagination, like Wipeout, it helps me escape from my life. that's why Sony is my best friend, it helps me do that the most. Microsoft seem more surrounded about realism. That's just all me, and I'm probably gonna buy a huge flat screen TV after that. And then a nice 3400 dollar Sony laptop soon, with stacks of good anime. But that's just me... :D

eLhabib
8th September 2006, 06:25 AM
For me the PS3 isn`t really a games console, it`s a £425 WipEout machine.

Can we please have that as a wipEquote? Absolutely perfect.

@Chill: true, Sony does have some very good developers under contract, and the PS3, like her ancestors, will have very unique quality titles, but in terms of electronics, Sony shouldn't be your first choice - there are brands out there which are better AND cheaper. My heart pounds strongly for Samsung, they have the best quality I have ever seen, and there are also others (Philipps, LG, ...)

Do not, in any case, get your hands on Sharp electronics. Every Sharp piece I ever had (stereo, CD walkman, cell phone,...) got broken within a year!

Lance
8th September 2006, 05:38 PM
One tends to cut oneself on the edges, and than take out one's anger on the hardware? ;)

eLhabib
8th September 2006, 08:44 PM
ROFL. really had me thinking on this one, Lance, good one :D

I was like 'wtf? what in the world is he trying to tell me?'
...you know it's harder when english is not your native language ;)

Lance
8th September 2006, 09:34 PM
:D
I thought about that before posting, but I thought your English is very good, and that you would understand what I was going for.

Zerow
8th September 2006, 09:47 PM
For me the PS3 isn`t really a games console, it`s a £425 WipEout machine.

Heh, WipEout isn't the only reason I'm getting a PS3. Fatal Inertia, Sonic The Hedgehog, and MGS4 are just a few of my other incentives.

eLhabib
9th September 2006, 10:47 AM
@Lance: Touché ;)

@Zerow: Fatal Inertia? Have you seen the progress of this game lately? It's going in a direction that is absolutely ridiculous. Check out some videos on IGN or Gamespot, this game looks absolutely boring now. The concept was promising, but I think they messed it up.

Zerow
9th September 2006, 10:25 PM
That's what YOU think. ;)

And yes, I've seen the videos for it. I'm still going to check it out, as I may well like it.

Rapier Racer
9th September 2006, 11:11 PM
The new Sonic game will also be available on the Xbox360