PDA

View Full Version : wipeout quotes

JABBERJAW
28th August 2006, 11:38 PM
check out the wipeout quotes for today. car running, keys locked in. VEry funny now.

Task
29th August 2006, 03:34 AM
I'm afraid they change every time you load the page, Al.
A daily cycle, that might be niftier, but probably not as easy to set up.

The one you mean is this one:
"I think I went over the edge today, locked my keys in the car with it running." - Al Sartwell / Jabberjaw, Pilot, Team WipeoutZone

(for anyone who hasn't seen it before)

That's definitely got to be _extra_ hilarious in retrospect for you.

I'd say my favourite wipequote is the one about the fridge falling down stairs.
There's definitely some classic humor in there though, no doubt.

Asayyeah
29th August 2006, 03:26 PM
i also like the ' great famine ' by anna

infoxicated
29th August 2006, 03:37 PM
heh!

I quite like the Jabberjaw era, myself - was a bit meh'd when he became Zoolander. ;)

I had no idea what that shark was called until Al explained it. And even then, it didn't make much sense for him to show up one day and say "I'm now called Jabberjaw...". It just seemed such a random thing to do! :D

At first I thought that adding quotes that were from the forums rather than solely from the back stories was a bit self indulgent, but then I figured that it was a good way of showing the spirit of the community. It seems to have worked. ;)

Zerow
29th August 2006, 11:12 PM
I really like the one which comments that the 2097 announcer is their favourite, or something to that effect.

JABBERJAW
29th August 2006, 11:28 PM
So what you are saying is that I should go back to jabberjaw and delete zoolander. Now that I had this name for a while I think you are right. Has anyone here actually seen this crappy cartoon, which is actually so bad, it loops around to being good again. I changed to Jabberjaw initially because everyone had a cool name except me. Must have seen the cartoon sometime near the time I switched.

Dominator
29th August 2006, 11:38 PM
Can you please explain the story behind jabberjaw. :)

Lance
30th August 2006, 12:57 AM
I've got the coolest name of all! ;)

infoxicated
30th August 2006, 08:48 AM
So what you are saying is that I should go back to jabberjaw and delete zoolander.
I can rename your account if you do decide to change your name, Al - I already did it for Asayeah last week when he didn't want to be "old" any longer! ;)

It's entirely up to you, though. :)

Mad-Ice
30th August 2006, 06:44 PM
WipEout is a state of mind, everything else is waiting for to get back in the zone.

Mad-Ice

JABBERJAW
31st August 2006, 01:33 AM
that would be great if you did that. All capital letters if you can. And please don't add "old" into it.

stin
31st August 2006, 03:05 PM
LOL! hi jabberjaw!!!!:D

stevie:)

infoxicated
31st August 2006, 03:17 PM
that would be great if you did that. All capital letters if you can. And please don't add "old" into it. Obviously, I've made the change for you. You don't know how tempting it was to put YoungJabberjaw! ;)

Asayyeah
31st August 2006, 03:44 PM
Hi Jabberjaw
The funny shark is coming back :cowboy

Dominator
31st August 2006, 09:17 PM
Hey cool it's jabberjaw LOL :D

Lance
31st August 2006, 09:20 PM
Al, can we call you ''JJ'' now? ;)

q_dmc12
31st August 2006, 09:37 PM
JabberJaw - loved that cartoon, he talked like curly-joe:cowboy

JABBERJAW
1st September 2006, 12:49 AM
dominator, as was said just above this post, it talked like the guy from the three stooges and he would walk around on his back tail(out of the water). He had some other sidekicks as well, but I forgot them. The cartoon was incredibly bad, but that made if funny, kinda like rocky and bullwinkle bad. Wait, nothing gets that bad except Babar the elephant and david the nome, oh and wait, thomas the train is tops for all time bad cartoons. Enough of the cartoons that try to teach me something(or little kids), lets get the ones where they beat the hell out of eachother back(bugs bunny tom jerry old version ect).

Thanks alot for putting it back, this is much better. I already feel like a better person, and a faster wipeout pilot. :)

Dominator
1st September 2006, 09:42 PM
Thanks!! It's a great Tag :D

Lance
1st September 2006, 11:10 PM
I loved Rocky and Bullwinkle!

JABBERJAW
1st September 2006, 11:21 PM
hopefully because it was so unbelievably bad!! OR could it be the age difference?:)

eLhabib
2nd September 2006, 12:05 AM
Rocky and Bullwinkle? Ouch. It's so bad it'S gone PAST good and back to bad again!
Hong Kong Fooey, now THAT was a good bad show!

Chill
2nd September 2006, 12:22 AM
Hong Kong Fooey, and Kong Pow!!! Ha ha ha, I love those movies!!! :D

JABBERJAW
2nd September 2006, 04:38 PM
JJ probably would be fine.

Lance
3rd September 2006, 07:39 PM
I'll probably just keep calling you Al, but thanks.

The R and B show was intentionally so bizarre and wack that I found it funny.