PDA

View Full Version : London Motor Show

Hellfire_WZ
21st July 2006, 09:17 PM
Just got back from the Motor Show. It's been a long time since I've had a good dribble over some cars, and I was certainly not disappointed! Had the usual manufacturers there like Ford, Vauxhall, Toyota, etc. as well as the customizers and kit stands. Faves were the Lotus and TVR stands. Managed to sit in a Lotus Exige and got within touching distance of one of my all-time faves: the TVR Cerbera Speed 12. Then of course there's the supercar paddock with the Ferrari Enzo, Pagani Zonda, McLaren F1, Mercedes SLR et al.

One manufacturer caught my eye, most notably because I'd never heard of them and they had a single, extremely good looking car. Barabus. They're a British manufacturer and they had spent the last 10 years developing a single car, the TKR. If the specs they gave me and on their site are correct, it's absolutely mindblowing. It does 0-60 in 1.67 seconds and can hit 271 mph! The thing has a drag engine in it, putting out over 1000 hp, and the whole body is carbon fibre, so it weighs less than a tonne! It's also road legal and is going into production at around £200,000!

Some of this is extremely hard to believe, so I'll be waiting for the road tests first, but if this is true, it's the fastest road car ever.

Anyone else going? Or feel like going, I've got a couple of free weekday tickets! :D

Lance
21st July 2006, 09:53 PM
1.67 seconds?!?!?!?!?!!!!

yow

Sausehuhn
21st July 2006, 10:12 PM
looks nice :)

http://rhein-zeitung.de/a/service/auto/i/rzo265412p0_.jpg

...glad you had a good time there :)

Zerow
21st July 2006, 10:26 PM
Glad you enjoyed yourself, Hellfire. :)

And that car . . . if those specs really are true . . . like, awesomeness! :D

Hellfire_WZ
22nd July 2006, 09:36 AM
That's the beast! Took a few of my own pics as well, I'll upload them to my site later on.

eLhabib
24th July 2006, 11:10 AM
Just had a look at some pictures of the Barabus TKR, and I have to say, I don't particularily like it... ok, the stats may be impressive, but the design? It's godawful! Plus, they stole from pretty much every famous supercar! The rear is definitely Pagani Zonda, the rear window with the engine is Ferrari F50, the side skirts are totally stolen from the Jaguar Xsomethingcantremember supercar, and the front is an ugly mix between Corvette Z06 and Ferrari Modena Spyder. NOT VERY original :P

as far as finished car designs go, my favorite cars would have to be the Chrysler Crossfire and of course the absolutely amazing Gillet Vertigo.

Hellfire_WZ
24th July 2006, 04:10 PM
True, the first thing I thought when I saw the back end of it was "Zonda". Apparently this thing has been in development for 10 years, plenty of time for them to "take influence" from other manufacturers.

Zerow
24th July 2006, 09:58 PM
I have to admit that I don't find the appearance of the car that appealing either. Having seen beauties like the Saleen S7 and the Pagani Zonda so much, it does make that thing look a bit uninspiring.

Still, it looks decent enough, and forget ye not the specs if they are true (0-60 in 1.67 seconds, FTW :dizzy)!

Sausehuhn
24th July 2006, 10:15 PM
Speaking of nice looking cars I got Audi's RSQ back in mind... now THIS car is a nice thing! Awww I simply love it.

Sadly it is just a concept and actually never drove bedsides the movie "I, Robot"... and even there just by GC :(

DJ Techno
2nd August 2006, 04:11 PM
hey get me a link or copy of any photos u took at the auto show.

they be great with my car picture and I can see what the germans are up to.

Volkswagens bringing back the Rabbit.