PDA

View Full Version : Anyone into Hybrid?

Leftism
1st July 2006, 11:40 PM
Free Hybrid Track To Download

"With the LP now due for release on the 4th of September, we'd like to give you the opportunity to download one of the tracks for free before the album hits the virtual and physical shops. It's called 'Just For Today' and features the Seattle Session Orchestra and is collaboration between us, Harry Gregson Williams and Kirsty Hawkshaw. All you have to do is go to the downloads section, register your details and log in to access the file. The downloads section will be expanding over the next few months as we find more rare and unreleased tracks to put up there, once you're registered we'll keep you informed of any new material available for download.

We hope you enjoy the first preview of the forthcoming LP...."

http://www.hybridsoundsystem.com/downloads.php

I wasn't a fan of Morning Sci-Fi, thought it was arse-numbing so I'm hoping LP3's gonna be a lot more interesting instead of the constant melodrama and constant overblown epics. From the sound of Just For Today it's sounding promising

AmigoJack
3rd July 2006, 05:33 PM
im too idealized and a bit too lazy to register just for downloading that one song... any chance to get it another way? and should i/we know hybrid?

Zerow
3rd July 2006, 09:17 PM
I've only listened to one song by Hybrid (assuming this is the same Hybrid you're talking about here), but I really like it. Have to check this out at some point. :)

Mobius
4th July 2006, 09:12 AM
He/They...? did Finished Symphony, for those who have playes SSX, thats the music on the Untracked mountain. Very inspiring.

Unfortunately that the only song ive heard.

Gerg
17th July 2006, 11:40 PM
I freakin' love Hybrid. I have their Morning Sci-Fi album, and their Wider Angle album...both of which are fantastic. The LP at their site is awesome too, and I'm totally psyched for the new EP in September...but I'm in the US, so I don't know when it'll be arriving here.:frown:

Finished Symphony is a fantastic track of theirs, but I kinda like the track "Marrakech" a little better...

Logic
30th July 2006, 02:13 AM
On SSX the Finished Symphony track doesn't sound quite the same as the one on the album, in SSX it seems more repetitive. I much prefer listening to the Wider Angle version, plus the track that follows it on the album joins up really well and has a tune which seems to bring Finished Symphony to a great finish.

Leftism
2nd August 2006, 02:07 PM
On SSX the Finished Symphony track doesn't sound quite the same as the one on the album, in SSX it seems more repetitive. I much prefer listening to the Wider Angle version, plus the track that follows it on the album joins up really well and has a tune which seems to bring Finished Symphony to a great finish.

It's the Echoplex Remix, and to be honest after hearing the original version so many times I prefer the remix. Definitely better when played out when DJ'ing anyways

I Choose Noise EP is out to download. Dunno why they released it digitally and not on vinyl but oh well

http://www.distinctiverecords.com/default.asp