PDA

View Full Version : Until Uru

Daylight
14th April 2006, 03:14 PM
If anyone here has Uru: Ages Beyond Myst or Uru: Complete Chronicles I'd like you to know that an attempt at bringing Uru Live back is being made. Until Uru is a chance to play those games over the internet with other explorers. It is not Uru Live and there is no new content however it's as close to it as we can get for now. Currently there are over 1000 explorers in the cave but Until Uru still needs more people to show investors that it's worth bringing Uru Live back. This is not an advertising thread so I'm not asking you to go out and buy the games. But if you already own them please, Cyan Worlds and Until Uru need your help.

There are more details about this in http://plasma.cyanworlds.com/

See you in the cave,
Daylight

AmigoJack
18th April 2006, 09:08 PM
Uru? thats the name of a sunken town in the game "panzer dragoon saga" for sega saturn :)

Daylight
18th April 2006, 09:12 PM
according to wikipedia it's also "a determinative in mesopotamian cuneiform script denoting that the word following is the name of a city"

eLhabib
19th April 2006, 12:12 AM
say WHAT?! ;)

Daylight
19th April 2006, 06:21 AM
say what what? o.o;

eLhabib
19th April 2006, 10:40 AM
"a determinative in mesopotamian cuneiform script denoting that the word following is the name of a city"

I am NOT a native english speaker, but I thought my language skills were quite reasonable. however, I have no clue what the above is supposed to mean...

does it mean thata after 'uru' always stands the name of a city?

Daylight
19th April 2006, 12:25 PM
Oh XD yeah that's what it means. The same way they people say City of Lisbon or New York City they used to write Uru something. I think we could say that Uru stands for city.