PDA

View Full Version : fluke

AmigoJack
1st April 2006, 06:56 AM
due to
- multiple good comments about guys here around,
- a good looking cover (midtr really rocks) and
- two titles on the 2097 soundtrack
i fell in love with fluke's "risotto" ages ago. and its still one of my favorites album. years after having that album i researched for other titles, but earlier fluke stuff only sporadically amazed me. and then, one day, there seemed to be another album out. since then, i also love "puppy". actually "snapshot" (the first title) had and has the most impact on me. could be that its straight starting, without any intro or preparation. a bit later i also found this 3 discs best of. there were also nice titles on it, and some good remixes, but i havent purchased that yet.

again, years must have passed since that - maybe because i didnt post here for such a long time. but im curious to hear if someone else has bought the puppy and is hit by the snapshot *g*

anyone?

Smoothly Does It
1st April 2006, 07:07 AM
Snapshot was one of the best tracks on Puppy, very Risotto-esque, that's probably what caught you, it's also the only vocal on the album i found had anything beyond "here's some advice, spin on it!"

As for Fluke as a whole, my favourite Fluke album used to be Oto, probably a prime contender alongside Mezzanine for top slot in the Trip Hop album stakes. Many people consider Six Wheels to be Fluke's finest moment also, truth is they very rarely released poor material, It's only because they were never widely advertised that anyone thinks of them in a different light to Underworld.

-Smooth

Snake
1st April 2006, 06:48 PM
i got "Progressive History XXX".
i like some of the early stuff,like "phin"
and remixes like Absurd(Marine Parade Mix)