PDA

View Full Version : Wipeout Guitar

Omni Requiem
8th March 2006, 01:22 AM
I'm currently on a project, making a graffiti-art guitar with a friend. Should the project go well, I might make a start on a WipEout guitar.
In other words, a guitar with the colours and logo of a team. I'm thinking about doing Icaras if it goes ahead but was wondering what team logo (and from what game) you'd like on the thing.

So, any suggestions guys?

Lance
8th March 2006, 03:10 AM
oh, my suggestion would definitely be Icaras!

Lion
8th March 2006, 04:01 AM
hrmm, a wipeout guitar...
with the shapes of some of the ships you could make the guitar out of a top-down view of one of the craft

and if you do that, icaras would work best :)

hehe, *imagines a 2 necked (think zz top) qirex guitar*

oVerCaffeinated
8th March 2006, 04:13 AM
This is a good idea! :guitar

http://iinet.net.au/~nightshade/images/feisarguitar.gif
Fender Feisar

http://iinet.net.au/~nightshade/images/tigronguitar.gif
Ibanez Tigron

:)

Lion
8th March 2006, 05:12 AM
LOL! that tigron is awesome :D

lunar
8th March 2006, 07:53 AM
Brilliant :D

Hellfire_WZ
8th March 2006, 08:18 AM
I want one dammit!! :D

Tomahawk
8th March 2006, 08:48 AM
Cool idea! Are you going to actually build a new guitar or are you just going to coat an existing model (Fender, Gibson, PRS etc.)? Will you sell the guitar (I'd sure as hell buy one!), or is it meant for your private use only?

infoxicated
8th March 2006, 09:24 AM
Ha ha!

That Tigron one is ace. :D

Asayyeah
8th March 2006, 11:44 AM
Tigron rocks : amazing job you do , congrats :guitar

Omni Requiem
8th March 2006, 03:33 PM
Well, the guitar will be made from scratch apart from the neck, I'll get back to that shortly.
The guitar will be based on Matt Bellamy's guitar and will hopefully also have lots of on board effects like distortion and pitch controls aswell as the usual stuff. Because I need the space for extra controls and wires the body will be hollow, basically a wood frame covered with thin MDF on the front and back.
The neck is a bit fiddly to do but I can always look for spare necks.

It's a big step from my current project though, as the guitar I'm currently working on has a single pickup and the wiring was easy, all the parts like pickups, pots, wiring and knobs will be bought seperately but there's also a lot of stuff to connect.

Also, the guitar won't be for sale, it's pretty personal as a lifelong dream, so sorry guys. Plus it could be quite expensive to make so if I did sell it, it would be at a high price.

Here's a pic of the shape I'm aiming for, I hope the pic isn't too big.
http://www.mansonguitars.co.uk/photos/Laser/muse_guitar_2.JPG

Mobius
8th March 2006, 06:41 PM
Muse FTW!!! :)

Good luck with it, if Zargz resurfaces, he could teach you how to play Xpander on it.

Airrider
8th March 2006, 07:52 PM
Sweeeet, I'm lovin' the Tigron!

stin
8th March 2006, 07:59 PM
Muse FTW!!! :)

Good luck with it, if Zargz resurfaces, he could teach you how to play Xpander on it.

I will let zargz know when he will be online ;)

stevie :)

Rapier Racer
8th March 2006, 09:46 PM
LOL :robot yeah good Tigron one there

Lion
9th March 2006, 05:56 AM
to call this a halfassed effort would be an insult to halfassed efforts the world over.. but here's my horrible concept drawing for what was a bad idea in the first place: It's too bad to show in thread, clicky (http://pages.quicksilver.net.nz/lion/images/qirexguitar.jpg)

eLhabib
9th March 2006, 10:27 AM
AHAHAHAHA! SWEEEEET! You just gotta adore it!

Asayyeah
9th March 2006, 01:15 PM
I like it much great work on it Lion :)

stin
9th March 2006, 02:39 PM
WOW! that is an awesome Beast!!!! lol

stevie:D

Lance
9th March 2006, 03:30 PM
Lion, i love that one; i might even be able to pilot it.

lunar
9th March 2006, 03:41 PM
:D Great one, Lion.

Omni Requiem
9th March 2006, 04:19 PM
Hehe, the Qirex one is awesome, but I think I'll stick with the Pure Icaras colours. Does anyone have any links to pics of the Icaras that I could use as reference for the colours?
Anyway, I just realised, when I install the distortion pedal in it, it'll have about 10 knobs/ switches so this ones going to take careful designing.

username
9th March 2006, 04:39 PM
hehe lion: your qirex gtuitar is cool, also i like the tike the tigron and especially the feisar craft ;)

Lion
9th March 2006, 08:39 PM
has anyone got any decent top-down images of the 2097 or w3o qirex?
I couldn't find a decent pic to base that guitar on

Daylight
13th March 2006, 09:57 PM
Somehow I can already imagine Steve Vai playing them XD

Lance
13th March 2006, 10:42 PM
they'll probably have to have 7 strings before Steve will touch them. ;)

Daylight
14th March 2006, 03:04 PM
hehe yeah XD and the frets will have to go too

piranha wiper
29th March 2006, 01:00 PM
hey overcaffienated, could you design a piranha or the original "daniel chang" AGS bass?

Omni Requiem, another thing you could do for you guitar design is for the head you could shape it into one of the crafts i got the idea from a Burns Scorpion, just summat else for you to think about :D

and also the inlays could be really small crafts or have WO summat like that.

as a fellow guitar player (bass tho) i'm gonna say great idea, dunno why i never thought of it, i wanted one in the shape ofa pie lol but thats me, good look with your design hope it turns out