PDA

View Full Version : it's the fourth!

Lance
7th February 2006, 05:48 AM
today is the fourth anniversary of the day these forums were moved from the old EZ-Board to the WipeoutZone's own server. Viva WZ!

infoxicated
7th February 2006, 08:55 AM
Wow... time flies like an arrow... fruit flies like a banana! :D

(be careful with that gag, it's an antique!)

I was thinking about this recently, actually, as it's four years since I moved to Liverpool, and I remember setting up the forums shortly after getting here.

I've gotten so used to the new layout it's hard to picture the phpBB forums now, but I guess they did serve us reasonably well for the best part of four years.

Lance
7th February 2006, 03:11 PM
''Wow... time flies like an arrow... fruit flies like a banana!''
Does Stephen Hawking know about this?

-----

yep, phpBB almost made it to four years for us. [doffs hat, waves respectfully to free BB]

Thruster2097
16th February 2006, 08:04 PM
:clap
and only the second time its appeared on the 'zone, nice work.

As a better man than me once said, if you call it a tradition then no-one will mind that its the same ol gag repeated over and over.
So just call it traditional!

EZboard did serve us well, it done what it was designed to do which is quite an achievement for anything now. And it still serves anna (twistedfirestarter) quite nicely, that is if you ignore the torrent of adverts now added to the sites.
The switch to our own zone and forums was overdue it meant we could grow as a community. Plus this looks way cooler! 8)