PDA

View Full Version : Fed up and finally asking for help with my pc

Rouni Kenshin#1
20th January 2006, 10:20 PM
Ok, i've been doing my very best to fix my problems and have finally decided to ask real people.
Goggle did not serve me well.:turd

so a description of the problem
my pc would not run my new game because of outdated video card drivers, so i updated them. Now my computer will randomly when running any program freeze go black then come back fine or go black and give me the dredded "no sync signal" message.

after some fishing i believe that the problem is that the new video card drivers are not compataple with with my outdated motherboard drivers. Unfortunatly when i head to my device manager i can't find the motherboard to update its drivers.

but that is just my guess i will list everthying i can think of about my computer untill i can get on that one(currently on laptop) and find a way to put up my DXDIG with all the info i need.

OS-Windows XP professional
video card-ATI Radeon 9200(128mb)
processor-AMD Anthlon(1.3 Ghz)
256mb of RAM
CD drive (no DVD)

and thats all i can rember now.

Uptate

Hellfire_WZ
21st January 2006, 10:07 AM
The motherboard doesn't appear in the device manager, you need to update its drivers manually. The first thing you need to do is roll back to your previous video card drivers to eliminate the screen drop for now. Then you need to go to your motherboard manufacturer's website and download the latest drivers from there. If you don't know the make and model of your motherboard, try downloading some diagnostic software such as SiSoft Sandra or Lavalys Everest.

infoxicated
21st January 2006, 10:56 AM
You could also try The House of Help Support Forums (http://www.houseofhelp.com/v2/index.php) - I've used the place a few times and I've always had constructive feedback. Especially from the official Corsair forum - the guy will tell you all the best memory settings for your bios if you tell him what hardware you have. :)