PDA

View Full Version : Ho-Ho-Ho!!! Were you naughty or nice during this year?

Shem
30th November 2005, 04:56 PM
*puts on his Santa Clause beard*

ekhem...

Hello boys and girls!!! Were you naughty or nice this year?? Hmm?? Why do I ask - you ask me? Hells, first of all, I'm Santa Clause, and secondly - I've got too many NegCons, that are scattered around my iglo (or wherever I live), and I'm willing to give one away to one of you, if they prove me that they were a nice person! And yes - I'm healthy on mind, I just like to make people happy, or so it is claimed by many...[cough, cough]. Hold on a second, granpa' needs to drink some of his special medicine...

*sucks to a bottle of whisky, wipes his mouth after he's done drinking*

Okay chaps, as I said before, all you gotta do is to prove me that you were a good boy/girl. Yes, i know that all of you were nice and friendly, that's why me and my Elves will judge who deserves the Neggie the most. Remember, there is only ONE Winner = One NegCon! And of course, because of the Christmas comming really soon, I'm forced to give you only ONE WEEK to prove me that you were a nice guy/girl this year. Oh, and it doesn't matter how you choose to prove it, what matters is, if I belive you (it can be a picture of you, a nice poem, certificate of some volunteer/charity work...whatever you choose to show) :) . The winner should give me their full address, so the Neggie arrives where it should.

Okay kids! Please post your creations here. I'm off for now, so bye, and have fun all the way!!! Into the sled!!!!

*jumps into his rusty old Honda Civic through the window, attemts 3 times to start the engine, and drives away, hitting a few mailboxes and lamps on his way...*

Dogg Thang
30th November 2005, 08:52 PM
Wow! I'd love this - you truly are Santa Clause Shem! Must have a think about the nice things I have done this year...

lunar
30th November 2005, 09:22 PM
Is it a black neggie or a white neggie? For a black one I could be nice. :)

Shem
30th November 2005, 11:13 PM
*putting on Santa Clause beard again*

Ho-ho-ho Lunar!!!!

It's a white one.

eLhabib
5th December 2005, 11:44 PM
well, seeing as noone seems to be THAT interested, I am gonna try my luck and snatch that negcon! I have never ever layed my hands on one of these wonders of control, so I am quite excited if it is actually as good as those who rely on it preach!

Was I nice this year? I'd like to think so, yes. My girlfriend still loves me, after more than 3 years, so I have been nice to her it seems ;) I'm also nice to people on their birthday, presenting them with sweet little gifts. Oh wait, I failed: I wasn't nice on xLink, backquaked too many opponents :D

Shem
6th December 2005, 11:43 PM
okay, ONE week you lazy bastards, and no one apart Dogg Thang, and eLhabib would want a FREE NEGGIE??? well screw you!! ;) eLhabib, you are the winner, mail me your address, or PM it to me, and wait for the package to arrive. it's a Christmas present, from Santa Clause to you, because you were nice and you deserve a neggie. Treat it well, polish it, keep it in a safe place and one day it will become a butterfly....or something like that. where's my booze?????????

eLhabib
7th December 2005, 12:37 AM
wOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOt! :o :hyper :cake :xtree

Thank you so much Shem, ahem... I mean Santa! This truly is a nice Birthday(Dec. 12)/Christmas surprise!

If you want anything wipEout-related as a small thankyou, go ahead and ask, I don't have much fanstuff, but a little bit, and maybe something you crave.

Cheery-HO!

Mano
7th December 2005, 12:56 AM
LOL Shem

Ahh vacations are coming, 2 more weeks...dont know why your funny posts seem to me like a premonition of a good holiday, but still cant find the logic for that thought....

...were's my booze?????????

Aparently already in your bloodstream

Rouni Kenshin#1
7th December 2005, 01:15 AM
holliday, holliday!

In agrence of us all i think that, Christmas is the best of them all,(my releatives are good) and the food(i will be consuming large ammounts of eggnog againg this year), the joy, the music. Does anyone but the ACLU not like Christmas?:)

Lion
7th December 2005, 05:29 AM
possibly people of religions other than christianity?

I'm looking forward to a good long hot summer this year.. it's already roasting here, I got pretty sunburnt on sunday.
who needs a white christmas when you can enjoy boxing day on a beach in the sun with a nice cool beverage?

eLhabib
7th December 2005, 11:11 AM
WORD!

but then I'd miss my yearly dose of snowboarding...

Lance
7th December 2005, 05:24 PM
'endless summer' would certainly be my weather ideal

Rouni Kenshin#1
7th December 2005, 10:42 PM
possibly people of religions other than christianity?

Actually the only religions that don't see Jesus as at least the greatest prophet(but not the messiah) are Hindu, Athisim, and pagensim, and possibly a few really small ones but my point is that even they like the Christmas atmosphere.

Lion
7th December 2005, 11:11 PM
I know a few hindus that celebrate christmas because of a) the sales and b) the family focus
I was basically being a smartass :P

Lance
8th December 2005, 03:04 AM
Rouni, so you're saying that Buddhism is one of those ''really small ones''?
and Islam tends to regard Mohammed as their primary prophet. i suspect that Christmas is not one of their major religious celebrations. ;)

Christians are in a minority amongst the world's population. don't forget that of the world's population of approximately 6 billion people, nearly 40 percent of them live in the two countries of China and India alone, where most people are either Buddhist, Sikh, Hindu, or atheist, and only a very small percentage are Christian. and much of the rest of the non-European non-American world is Muslim, such as Indonesia [nearing 300 million people, almost the same population as the U.S.], and much of Africa, as well as the Mid-East. Japan and the rest of southeast Asia are pretty light on Christians, [and followers of Islam, too, for that matter]. you gotta look at the 'big picture' when making global statements

Dimension
8th December 2005, 12:13 PM
On the subject of this crazy topic, congrats ElHabib, I won mine under similar circumstances heh, oh and if he gets a white one for being nice, will someone give me a black one for proving how bad i've been? :P

Lance
8th December 2005, 04:32 PM
ontopic is good. although the original purpose of this thread seems to have been achieved. possibly it should just be closed now before i and others wander even further afield

Sausehuhn
8th December 2005, 04:33 PM
Congrats, eL!
I should take a intensive look at every thread next year, cause I missed a good one here (woha! A rhyme! ;))

Speaking of Christmas feeling, I can't actually say I'm really feeling it. We had snow round two weeks ago, but after three days the sky was out of snow. Now we have this wonderful North Rhine-Westphalia wheater: rain. And round 5°C... a dream *cough cough*
I hope we will see the snow returning again, hopefully around Cristmas. We will have a few friends from the USA here at the week before Christmas, would be nice to show them Cleves with white roofs and streets instead of grey sky and rain everywhere.

Now I have to write a few classtests in the next two weeks, maybe these could also be a reason why I'm not that in Christmassy mood...

Dogg Thang
8th December 2005, 07:44 PM
Nads, I totally missed out on this. Well done eL! I got so caught up in work the last week that I plain forgot about this. Oh well. Very nice of you Shem! I'm sure eLhabib will enjoy it. Nice to spread the christmas spirit!

Rouni Kenshin#1
9th December 2005, 12:15 AM
Lance i was not regarding Hindu as one of those smaller religions but i just get really ticked because over here where you and I live it has become a captial offense to say anything realted to Christianity out of a church or you house. Can't we celebrate christmas like the old days? my point was that most of the people that the ACLU say it offends also regard Christ as sacred just not as sacred.

I would make a new topic but i don't know how to include some of these posts in it.

Lance
9th December 2005, 04:58 AM
totally offtopic. all but Rouni, please skip past the entire post.
i didn't say ''Hindu''; i said Buddhism. don't be so upset about
a subject that you don't read what is actually said.

'' it has become a captial offense to say anything realted to Christianity out of a church or you house.''
not true. an exaggeration to say the least. particularly with the President of the U.S. mentioning his faith frequently, and with the Far-Right ultra ''Christians'' being too loud to go unheard on radio, television, and in print. and having direct influence on the President. where do you think that proposed Constitutional Amendment to define what is and is not a ''family'' and a ''marriage'' came from.not to mention a few centuries worth of religious Christmas music being played on PBS.

Lance
9th December 2005, 05:00 AM
this thread has already served the purpose for which Shem started it, and has gone totally off into whatever anyone wants to yack about. hence it is now closed.