PDA

View Full Version : Would anyone like to sponsor me?

infoxicated
30th November 2005, 12:19 PM
This Sunday I'm doing the Santa Dash (http://www.runliverpool.org.uk/Running_News/Santa_Dash/index.asp) around Liverpool City Centre – a 5k fun run in a Santa suit.

I'm running in aid of the Dogs Trust (http://www.dogstrust.org.uk/), the UK's leading dog welfare charity.

If you'd like to sponsor me then visit my Just Giving page (http://www.justgiving.com/RobFoxx) – all donations will be gratefully received – do it for the doggies! :)

Ally Graham
30th November 2005, 12:27 PM
They do not accept my card:brickwall

infoxicated
30th November 2005, 12:39 PM
Thanks anyway, Ally - you should have seen the site I was recommended to use by the event organisers - totally unusable.

Hellfire_WZ
30th November 2005, 03:20 PM
I've popped in a tenner. All we ask in return is pics of you in a Santa suit! :D

infoxicated
30th November 2005, 03:30 PM
I'll post some, don't worry ;)

Can I ask why yours didn't have the gift aid thing enabled, Charlie?

I can understand that Dogg Thang might live outside of the UK, so he's exempt, but was there an option to click or anything like that? Just curious - the gift aid donation really adds up. :)

Hellfire_WZ
30th November 2005, 03:37 PM
Students aren't taxpayers. This one's also pretty skint, otherwise he'd have put £20 in. ;)

Dogg Thang
30th November 2005, 03:39 PM
Yep, I'm outside the UK so I'm not actually eligible for gift aid unfortunately. Every bit counts so it's a bit of a shame.

Here's a picture of my dog to inspire you people to sponsor Foxy!

infoxicated
30th November 2005, 03:56 PM
Students aren't taxpayers. This one's also pretty skint, otherwise he'd have put £20 in. ;)
I thought it might be something like that - I wasn't sure.

I thought I was barking up the wrong tree by posting it on here, but with the contributions so far - woof! I'm well on my way to my target - I still have my mum and my sister to ask, too, so I'll make £100+ no problem.

infoxicated
1st December 2005, 12:32 PM
Thanks in part to the generous donations from Stephen, Charlie and, erm, Dogg, I've passed my target of raising £100 for the Dogs Trust with a couple of days still to go until the run.

I'm really grateful for the help in raising this cash - all I have to do now is make sure I complete the run on the day and that money will help to keep some lucky dogs sheltered through the winter months. Cheers! :)

Dogg Thang
1st December 2005, 02:24 PM
Cool, glad to help. Good luck with the run!

Lance
1st December 2005, 07:10 PM
the critters deserve better than they often get. good luck on completing the run; i hope the weather is not too hot, not too cold, not too wet.
bloody hell! i don't think i could run 5K without lots of training of my antique out-of-condition body. could walk it, probably, but that would be slow.

Drakkenmensch
1st December 2005, 07:18 PM
There's recently been a "house of horror" case involving a house full of filthy cages and animals reduced to eating each other to survive, the cops and animal protection services could not believe the poor dogs had even survived that long. They seized all animals and saved all those who could make it, and those poor darlings are now relocated in families helping them readjust to being cared for and loved. Over 150,000$ were spontaneously raised by concerned citizens, so we can appreciate that this is a worthy cause indeed.

*cuddles his two cats which he loves so very much*

Pets deserve to be loved - they aren't just animals, they're family!

G0rT
2nd December 2005, 05:13 AM
Drak, I know I heard about that terrible place on Global news a while ago and that is one of the most awful things I have heard of in a very long time. I also agree with you guys, pets are just like little people except that they are all warm and fuzzy and should be treated like it as a life is a life no matter what the species. Just because the animals can't help themselves all the time doesn't mean people shouldn't pitch in a hand when ever its needed. As for contributing I'm sorry Infox but I am in a huge financial pickle right now, what with schooling and my car, and I really wish I could have helped out even a little bit.

infoxicated
2nd December 2005, 09:41 AM
No sweat man - I could have done the run by raising the default £20 for the nominated event charity, but I wanted to do something else alongside it, so the Dogs Trust money is just a bonus really. :)