PDA

View Full Version : Christmas>Cardboy>Bye Bye Wipeout !

Shem
28th November 2005, 10:20 AM
Okay people, here's the deal, i'll try to make it short, because I gotta jet in a second, so time is the most important factor here. Christmas are comming, and i've run out of money, I'm flat busted as Chicken from Cow&Chicken cartoon would say. No, I'm not here for you to beg for money, tho the thing I want to do is pretty difficult for me to say anyway. I must sell my Wipeout, because I desperately need money for a present for my gf. Now, this is desperate, right? Anyway I think that this is the best place for me to announce these news, since there are many here, who would like to get a hold of the original, non-platinum (not longbox unfortunately) version of original Wipeout. At least I hope so.
I was thinking of buying a cardboy for my gf, so maybe if any of you cardboy collectors out there would like to trade....

Yeah, I know I sound like I'm desperate, but I really am, as you have noticed. Anyway, i gotta jet now, if there are any questions, i'd be more than happy to answer them. See ya! (for now)

bakkufu
28th November 2005, 10:37 AM
where are you getting your cardboy's from? I got mine from firebos for only a few quid, and as good as any girlfriend is, I personally would not part with my copy of the original. I'd rather send you twenty quid via paypal than see a fellow AG head lose their Wipeout to buy them a cardboy!

Shem
28th November 2005, 08:44 PM
thanks bakk, but the thing is that I haven't heard of cardboy shipping outside UK, not to mention that the last time i've seen cardboys, was on firebox's site.

bakkufu
28th November 2005, 09:06 PM
http://ningyoushi.zoovy.com/product/ART012
http://www.boysstuff.co.uk/product.asp?id=12523&random=126064480&cid=51&subcat=&scid=
http://www.gadgetstuff.com/product.asp?id=12523&cid=
http://www.ohgizmo.com/2005/08/30/cardboy-will-enliven-your-desk

a few places you can try dude :)

Shem
30th November 2005, 04:14 PM
thanks a lot man. it seems the gadgetstuff.com are shipping that stuff to Poland, but I don't even wanna think how much it would cost. Still, the only option is to sell my Wipeout. If anyone's interested, please give me a shout, post reply, or PM me (although it takes some time before PMs arrive, while time is important here) please.

bakkufu
30th November 2005, 04:26 PM
I know something else you could do... write me an MP3 track to go on my website and I'll fund your costs ;)

Shem
30th November 2005, 05:04 PM
no problem bakk, thou save my ass :)

Dominator
5th December 2005, 02:25 AM
:bomb "SHEM" :bomb Never ever part with your original WO, same goes for 2097 & WO3SE if you have them!!!!
I no longer have any of them (stolen from me some years ago) I miss them terribly and would do anything, kill anyone to get them back!!!!
Treasure them Shem, you don't know how lucky you are :)

Dogg Thang
5th December 2005, 07:43 PM
Although I agree with you Dominator, sometimes we have to do things we don't like - I'm sure Shem wouldn't part with WO on a whim. You wouldn't, would you Shem?

Shem
5th December 2005, 10:11 PM
of course I wouldn't. But considering the facts:

1) my copy of Wipeout is covered with dust, i haven't played it for a year i think, not to mention, i don't own a Playstation anymore.

2) lack of cash

3) it is highly possible, that someone out there would appreciate having a copy of Wipeout more than me.

4) my theory about the things that you own, and they mean something to you. basicly, if own something, it reminds you all the time about 'the good times', and if you look at it everyday, 'the good times' seem to be so familiar to you, that there is nothing special about them. That;s what happened with W'O" to me. I know how i was waking up in the middle of the night, just to play it, how i was playing it just before Christmas Eve, and got late to the dinner because of it, how i got here, and how i discovered all the sequels to that game. Also how i sold my copy, and got it back sometime back. And being very happy about it. If i sold my copy, and after some long time, i got it back somehow, i'd be very happy about it too. It would bring back all the memories, instead of making them meaningless just like now. I'm just trying to spin the wheel of the desire to own something, by getting rid of it just to stumble upon/get it back with great effort, if you know what i mean. Sounds goofy, but that;s how i figured it out, and with Wipeout, i have the possibility to 'spin the wheel' so to speak :)

but Bakkufu offered me a better option, so all my theories went down the drain. (but i'm still thinking of some contest or something, so you can win my copy of Wipeout, and please don't kill me for what i say here :).
Why do you think i'm giving away my Negcon? I have only one, i'd won by beating zargz ultra-difficult shoot'em up game, it has some value, but i think that somebody would appreciate it much more, and make some use of it, maybe to finally beat Arnaud :). Of course I wouldn't sell it, it was a prize. And so it should be passed onto another. BTW, does anyone really want to have this neggie? Time's running out, and I see no one who would want it, well maybe ONE person. Okay, getting off topic. I'll sort that out in a proper thread.

Rouni Kenshin#1
5th December 2005, 10:52 PM
now i know that all of us here love wipeout but, girlfriend no wipeout, wipeout no girlfriend? what would you pick.

Rapier Racer
5th December 2005, 11:09 PM
Tis a sad day when you have to make a choice like that, as for selling it for the pleasure of hunting it down again Shem, are you nuts!! Just stick it in the attic for a year or so.

Hmm if you'd asked me that question a month or so ago I'd have said Wipeout no girlfriend wins hands down! But girls tend to change you lol they take priority and control, now I'd have to go with option number one *hides behind Triakis strength shield*

Mobius
6th December 2005, 02:56 PM
seeing as i've been pretty much always been wipeout no girfriend, it wouldn't particularly bother me to have no wipeout but a girlfriend.

Erm, ooops...

Anyhoo, I gave away all my wipeout games years ago, and after discovering here, I managed to play them again or buy a new copy of it, and the magic floods back. So either flog it, give it away or stick it in the attic untill you get it out of your system entirely. Then it feels fresh again.

Drakkenmensch
6th December 2005, 05:20 PM
Finding a significant other who's willing to put up with me has always been a major ordeal (one that rarely ended well besides) and compared to that, finding every version of Wipeout was a snap. Go with the girlfriend, there's always eBay later when you end up single and in need of an outlet to vent your frustration!

Dogg Thang
12th December 2005, 06:16 PM
They don't let you sell your ex-girlfriends on eBay any more...

Old copies of Wipeout, on the other hand, are no problem.