PDA

View Full Version : PSP Crashes PC

X
18th November 2005, 07:39 AM
Can anyone tell me about the following problem:

last monday I hooked my PSP up to the computer at work to transfer some files over to my house. No problem with that.
2 days ago I wanted to do the same thing, but since then everytime I activated the USB link on the PSP, the PC immediately reboots. Has this happened to anyone else? And if so, how do I get around this problem.

The only thing I could think of is that I have replaced Norton Antivirus with McAfee, but haven't tried to remove it.

element42
18th November 2005, 07:43 AM
Yeah, I had a similar problem, but only when transferring files (from PSP to PC); it would restart half-way through the copying process. Strangely it would only happen when copying from some folders, the same file in another folder created no such problems.
I can't help you though :frown: . I never fixed it. (I sold my PSP so it's not a problem for me anymore...)

bakkufu
18th November 2005, 07:46 AM
right click my computer and select manage. then click the + next to event viewer, then click the + next to System - this will give you a list of system related events that the computer has performed. If there are any errors listed that re;ate to USB stuff then that will give you a starting point :D

Dogg Thang
18th November 2005, 07:54 AM
Odd. It has to be your USB drivers in my opinion. I had similar problems with a scanner and my iPod once. I had to completely change the USB drivers to fix it.

X
18th November 2005, 08:08 AM
It seems the PSP is not the problem. I plugged in a USB key and the same thing happened.
Thanks for the tips anyway!

Drakkenmensch
18th November 2005, 02:43 PM
I've noticed the same thing can randomly happen when closing xlink kai or disabling my USB wireless adapter. Seems this tends to happens when you turn off something usb related.

Distrupto
19th November 2005, 10:08 AM
It once happened to me disabling a USB Bluetooth Adaptor(for N-GAGE QD), but never happened with my PSP.

eLhabib
19th November 2005, 11:31 AM
I bet your QD is sitting in your basement now, making plans on how to detroy your PSP to become your number 1 toy again:D