PDA

View Full Version : Earthworm Jim appreciation

element42
10th November 2005, 05:42 PM
To prevent off-topic-ness in another topic, I thought I'd post this topic in the off-topic area :)

Anyway, yes, I really mean the TV show - although the game was pretty good too.
I remember one episode in particular. Well, a part of it. It featured the 'Worm Pogo Stick'. :D I would go into more details but it's kinda hazy - although enough to make me laugh every time I think of it.... Like Chandler saying, 'You're quite the crafstman'. Anyway, I can't go offtopic in the first post, this is Earthworm Jim dammit, not fond memories of funny shows!

bakkufu
10th November 2005, 05:49 PM
Earthworm Jim was brilliant, I love it and still remember the words to the theme song :lol:

Drakkenmensch
10th November 2005, 06:01 PM
It was also a highly educational show - it taught us all what haggis is!

"The heart and lungs of a sheep boiled in its own stomach."

Remind me never to stop and eat at the "International House of Haggis" :blarg

bakkufu
10th November 2005, 06:02 PM
omg I forgot about that episode - that was pure class :lol:

Drakkenmensch
10th November 2005, 06:05 PM
My favorite villain on that show has got to be Bob, the evil goldfish :D

Bob: "Now my minions, go forth and destroy, destroy, DESTROY!"

*fishes look at him and stare blankly*

Bob: "Come on, destroy something, make a big ol' fuss or something!"

*fishes open mouth and still stare blankly*

bakkufu
10th November 2005, 06:10 PM
I always had a soft spot for evil the cat - there arent many superbly articulate villians around, especially ones with the huge amount of comedy "wile e coyote" moments :lol:

Drakkenmensch
10th November 2005, 06:14 PM
Also, you gotta love the fact that on her home planet, Princess What's-Her-Name is considered th eepitome of ugliness while her sister Queen Slug-For-A-Butt is adored by her throngs of drones for being "beautiful among all beings"... talk about a Twilight Zone lesson in standards of beauty! :wink:

Sumimasen
10th November 2005, 06:35 PM
Aaaaaaarrrrghhh!!! BRAIN FREEZE!!!

:D

Mobius
10th November 2005, 06:54 PM
Unfortunately i was too young to appriciate it.... oh well, I have my futurama.

SMThomas
11th November 2005, 11:35 AM
Err I think Earthworm Jim started out as a game, there was Earthworm 1 and 2 and I think there's one on PSX and N64...

I remember the show though and know one part where the guys gets splattered by a falling cow, in one of it's moments, the whole gang has wait for a long time before they get hit by a cow!

Do you remember the puppy (who's that name?) who turns into a beast?

bakkufu
11th November 2005, 11:53 AM
Peter Puppy?

eLhabib
11th November 2005, 12:01 PM
Even though I absolutely ADORE the whack humor of Earthworm Jim, I have to say that it only takes Bronze in my all-time favorite animated series ranking.

2nd place would be Dexter's Laboratory, and the glorious winner for me definitely is the wonderful miracle that is SABER RIDER AND THE START SHERIFFS! :D

element42
11th November 2005, 01:28 PM
My no.1 is the Powerpuff Girls. Don't laugh. They're brilliant.

eLhabib
11th November 2005, 02:06 PM
they are in my top 10, too! Have you seen the Powerpuff Girls movie, element? It explains their and mojo's heritage - BRILLIANT STUFF.

element42
11th November 2005, 02:13 PM
I haven't - although it was already explained in an episode I have seen.

eLhabib
11th November 2005, 02:32 PM
The movie beats every episode there is by great lenghts. Not only is it drwan even better, but the story is absolutely hilarious, with mojo jojo mobilizing an army of apes and wreaking havoc on the city of townsville. you gotta see it!

Lance
11th November 2005, 04:12 PM
i love Powerpuff Girls. [man, i bet you never thought i'd use the words ''love'' and ''girls'' in the same sentence, eh?] what really made me vewy angwy is that they only showed the series for a very brief time here on the broadcast network and only to promote the movie. as soon as the movie was in the theaters, they stopped running the series on tv. calculating bastards.

element42
11th November 2005, 04:34 PM
The movie beats every episode there is by great lenghts! My God, I must see this film! I haven't actually seen any episodes for ages - it's on channel Five here which I can't get. Ah, I feel so primitive, with access to only four TV channels... :shame

bakkufu
11th November 2005, 04:35 PM
Ultimate EWJ site in my opinion >>> http://ewj.nomoretangerines.com/

Drakkenmensch
13th November 2005, 04:58 PM
"Hey Herb, looks like it's one of 'em maraudin' space aliens again."

"Guess we shouldn't have put that sign."

*camera pans to billboard that reads Hey space aliens! We dare you to destroy Terlawk!*

Sumimasen
13th November 2005, 05:08 PM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/EARTHWORM-JIM-VERY-RARE-VOLUME-1_W0QQitemZ6449946199QQcategoryZ60950QQrdZ1QQcmdZV iewItem

GULP!!! I was hoping to get the full collection on DVD, but if this is the price I'll have to pay, I may reconsider!!!

There were 4 volumes in all (I think...)

EDIT: D'oh! It's only one of those newfangled VHS things, anyway!

element42
13th November 2005, 05:26 PM
Yeah, there are 3 of 4 volumes on VHS available thru amazon.co.uk at the moment, all around £40 - ouch. There's only two episodes per tape! 8O

skipper
23rd November 2005, 11:09 PM
Has anyone played Earthworm Jim 3D?
I see it was available on PC as well as N64.
I bought a Super Nintendo just to play Earthworm Jim 1 & 2,
and am on the lookout for a N64 version of Earthworm Jim 3D.

bakkufu
24th November 2005, 08:07 AM
Yeah. I got to Heck and it got waaaay too ridiculious in the hanging off ziplines while shooting at stuff stage. So gave up.

Dogg Thang
24th November 2005, 09:00 AM
Sumi, let my tale of woe put your mind at ease about not paying those prices for Earthworm Jim. There was once a TIME set of the first two seasons of Ren & Stimpy on dvd for a very limited time. Having missed the boat on that, I scoured eBay for it. After some time of losing auction after auction (it was a very sought after item), I got it. Paid a fortune for it.

Less than a month after, another R&S dvd set was announced - a more complete set too.

So hold on and I'm sure it's only a matter of time before Jim gets a newer, cheaper and better release.

Sumimasen
24th November 2005, 08:39 PM
* Tents fingers in a Mr Burns styl-eeee *

"Eeeeeeeeeexcellent!"

... Not your tale of woe, obviously! :redface:

... But the thought of EWJ being released on DVD in some form of Über-Box-Set-A-Thon. erm...

Ren and Stimpy, eh... Ahhhhh, them were the days, like...

"DON'T PUSH THE SHINY RED BUTTON!!!" :dizzy

Anyway (to quote Futurama...):

"If you've quite finished being stupid" "Well, I have more, but you go ahead..."

* Wonders how many more animated references he can slip into post... *