PDA

View Full Version : Frappr map of WipeoutZone

infoxicated
3rd November 2005, 01:13 PM
Thought this might be a good complement to the "where do you live" topic. :)

http://www.frappr.com/i/frapper_sticker.gif (http://www.frappr.com/wipeoutzone)

Hellfire_WZ
3rd November 2005, 01:21 PM
Heh, great stuff! Just added myself. :D

Lance
3rd November 2005, 01:27 PM
fact 1 - i am not a patient man.
fact 2 - i am on dial-up

good thing for me that i already know where Liverpool and London are on the somewhat imperfect but serviceable world map i have built into my memory.
[too bad my internal map lacks fotos of the members. :( ]

infoxicated
3rd November 2005, 01:32 PM
Charlie looks like a well mean mofo compared to the one I met. Must be the hand thing going on - very gangsta!

eLhabib
3rd November 2005, 01:37 PM
niiice! added! :D

heh, initially I thought Rob was living in Liverpool, AT THE DOCKS (zoom in on his location and you know why :wink: )!
But then I found out you can only define the city.... :D

Distrupto
3rd November 2005, 02:49 PM
Cool, I added myself! Thats infox? Whoa!

Drakkenmensch
3rd November 2005, 03:04 PM
Wow, that's a very cool concept! Added myself to the list :)

infoxicated
3rd November 2005, 03:07 PM
Thats infox? Whoa!
Believe me - I'm as disappointed as you are. :lol:

I'm wearing an EG.R t-shirt today, too - shame I didn't have a pic of me in that handy. :)

Distrupto
3rd November 2005, 03:11 PM
I just saw Drak on the side of a one-way road between De La Roche Rue and Christopher Colomb Avenue looking up at some clouds. :lol:

The marvel of Hybrid mode! :D

Edit: I found Hellfire near Peerless Street. I know these r not exactly where they live, but its where the little shout thing comes from.

Drakkenmensch
3rd November 2005, 03:28 PM
Hum, what?

I don't get it 8O

Distrupto
3rd November 2005, 03:31 PM
Double-click on ur name, put it in Hybrid mode and zoom in to the maximum to find the exact place ur icon is shouting from, even though its not where u really live.

Hellfire_WZ
3rd November 2005, 03:58 PM
Yeah, I need to figure out how to move mine around a little. It's not far off, but it's still inaccurate.

infoxicated
3rd November 2005, 04:01 PM
Maybe one day you'll meet the right girl and all that'll change, Charlie. :D

Hellfire_WZ
3rd November 2005, 04:05 PM
*bangs head on table* I think she'd thump you if she ever gets round to reading that! :lol:

Seek100
3rd November 2005, 04:14 PM
Wow, I'm impressed it actually put me roughly where I really am, just down the road from my street, wish they'd allow you to put down to the street level like you can on the main google maps.

Hey, I can see the roof of my house in the maximum magnification! 8O That's a little much Big-Brother for my tastes, but cool nonetheless.

Asayyeah
3rd November 2005, 04:36 PM
Added myself .

cool stuff :D

Lance
3rd November 2005, 04:38 PM
yeah, Seek, it's pretty scary, allrighty. the first time i looked for my house on one of those maps, there was an amazing amount of detail. if i had been standing outside my house the day the photo was taken, i could have seen myself. that was probably 2 or 3 years ago; so the level of detail may be even higherr now. 8O

xEik
3rd November 2005, 04:50 PM
I find it strange that Barcelona has such a level of detail when using the Satellite view. 8O

Drakkenmensch
3rd November 2005, 05:00 PM
Oh yes I see it now! The exact location within the city is off by a few miles, but it's still pretty cool nonetheless. Well, it's actually a good security feature in case anyone wants to beat me up in person after I beat them online with xlink :lol:

Mobius
3rd November 2005, 05:28 PM
Everytime i close that site, my pc crashes... :(

stin
3rd November 2005, 06:19 PM
I`m in again from other site!

stevie 8)

Roger
3rd November 2005, 07:29 PM
"Invalid City. Please try again"

Guess I don't exist :(

Sausehuhn
3rd November 2005, 07:46 PM
added.

I'm wearing an EG.R t-shirt today, too
*takes baseball bat, knocks out Rob, steals t-shirt, runs away* ;)

Thruster2097
3rd November 2005, 10:38 PM
Just wondering if it would be right (or morally correct) to say that I have just frappr'd myself?
Anyways, added on map with non-pic goodness.
As if anyone here needed to know where london was...... but..... errrrr....yea.
Added onto map.
(now hiding my EG-r shirt from possible terrorists threats)

eLhabib
3rd November 2005, 11:43 PM
added.

I'm wearing an EG.R t-shirt today, too
*takes baseball bat, knocks out Rob, steals t-shirt, runs away* ;)

Sausehuhn, I said this in another thread already, a while ago, but you probably didn't read it: I've got a barely worn EG.r t-shirt right here, waiting to be delivered to your door (if you want it).

Dominator
4th November 2005, 12:03 AM
Im on :D

infoxicated
4th November 2005, 08:39 AM
Looks like the future is Euro after all - where are all our transatlantic pilots? And our australasian ones too...? :?

kaiotheforsaken
4th November 2005, 09:01 AM
well if feisar said it, it must be true :?: well i'm on there now too.

Mano
4th November 2005, 09:14 AM
So far, the only one registered in the southern hemisphere ;) i imagine that while im enjoying the warm, spring weather you guys are starting to feel the cold biting your ass hehehe winter is coming for you!!

and dont come here saying that i will be having winter too, In the tropics, winter is never that cold :P pRRRBBBLLLLT

Shem
4th November 2005, 10:30 AM
added

Sausehuhn
4th November 2005, 10:59 AM
I know eL, but stealing is easier ;)

edit:
just saw I'm not added (this was because I didn't changed to "not in the US").
So now I wanted to add myself (again).
But it can't find my city :(
And just in gerneral: how can I change my settings again?

Daylight
4th November 2005, 11:30 AM
Wheee i've added moiself too :D now careful guys, don't fall in love with the gorgeous girl that i am :wink:

Tomahawk
4th November 2005, 11:40 AM
Nice! Added myself, but had to choose Munich, cause Nuernberg is not an option... :(

Distrupto
4th November 2005, 01:10 PM
So far weve only got 21 of 14-seventy something, that too mostly ppl in Omega land.

Hellfire_WZ
4th November 2005, 01:39 PM
Got a better pic this time, just updated (and you get to see a bit of my lovely room at college!).

Rob, my shoutout seems to have been duplicated, could you possibly knock one of them off?

bakkufu
4th November 2005, 02:13 PM
I'm gonna have to update mine now aren't I....

And why has no-one replied to Daylight's comment???

Grr don't worry, I like your photo Daylight :wink:

Daylight
4th November 2005, 02:16 PM
Why thank you bakkufu :wink: *blows a kiss*

bakkufu
4th November 2005, 02:20 PM
fellow AG 5Y5 pilot as well hehehe :wink:

return that in kind methinks *blows a kiss*

Distrupto
4th November 2005, 02:25 PM
eh... maybe this kind of stuff should be done over PM or IM instead. More correctly than my last post we have 21/1178 ppl on here, not 21/1477. Hopefully more ppl will add themselves.

bakkufu
4th November 2005, 02:27 PM
roflol, very true, but just saying that I'm liking the piccy, in fact its good to put a face to all these names, I'll have to get my mugshot up later :wink:

Mobius
4th November 2005, 03:09 PM
You would think that London being a very large city would be split up better, because i apparanlty live down the road to Hellfire on this rather than near the Ruislip area. :?

Pic to come soon

Jittery-Joe
4th November 2005, 04:22 PM
Well, Im on there now, along with a pic from my last holiday... (be afraid, people)

Kansas
4th November 2005, 04:51 PM
Just added myself... :twisted:

Distrupto
5th November 2005, 02:43 AM
I found Mobius near the corner of Cloak Lane and College Hill.

Hellfire and Thruster r rather close, Thruster only 2 streets away. At maximum zoom, u can see both of them in one window. Now we have 24 ppl, still only a tiny bit to the total and Europe is already looking crouded.

rejj
5th November 2005, 08:39 AM
Looks like the future is Euro after all - where are all our transatlantic pilots? And our australasian ones too...? :?
Just put myself on there.. no pic yet though.

Kansas
5th November 2005, 07:02 PM
Before I saw the pic, I thought Daylight was a guy...

eu podo falar Portugues Brasileiro, e voce?

Daylight
5th November 2005, 07:09 PM
Eu falo português português. E é "posso" e não "podo" :wink:

Translation: I speak portuguese portuguese. (the rest is a grammar correction that can't be translated)

Lance
5th November 2005, 07:54 PM
it can be translated.

Daylight
5th November 2005, 08:11 PM
how do i translate a mistake? O.o

Lance
5th November 2005, 10:14 PM
''the rest is a grammar correction that can't be translated''
the grammar correction, ''E é "posso" e não "podo"'', could be translated as: it's ''posso'', and not ''podo''. couldn't it?

or i could be completely wrong, of course. :)

Daylight
5th November 2005, 10:26 PM
yeah, but that would make about as much sense as watching a cow tapdancing XD but that's just my opinion

Seek100
5th November 2005, 10:43 PM
Not really, it's just illustrating the difference between the word in the 2 different versions of Portuguese. 'Posso' is the standard version yes? And 'podo' is the Brazillian version?

To give an example I could say the difference between the phrase 'let's go' in Italian and Sicilian, in Italian it is 'andiamo' if I recall correctly, whereas in Sicilian it is 'niimu' It's just showing the difference between 2 similar languages.

Though a cow tapdancing would be quite interesting to watch, maybe someone's already done a flash animation of that...

Daylight
5th November 2005, 10:44 PM
they really say "podo" in brazil? O.o

wow... o.o

Seek100
5th November 2005, 10:51 PM
I dunno, but it looks like it from the way Kansas posted that message, he asks about 'Brazilian Portuguese' so I guess he's typing in Brazilian Portuguese, from what I understand it's become very different from what you'd speak from the years of separation.

Look at my example for instance, Sicilian is completely unintelligible to a speaker of 'Standard' Italian, because it diverged from Latin after the fall of the Roman Empire, Brazilian will eventually get to the point that a Portuguese person and a Brazilian person wouldn't be able to hold a conversation.

Daylight
5th November 2005, 10:54 PM
i seriously doubt that judging by the incredibly huge amount of brazilian soap operas we import >.O

Shem
5th November 2005, 11:07 PM
WHAM!! (Lance breaks in through the door)

"Back onto topic you two!!"

:lol:

Daylight, you're making quite an enterance here. I tell ya, you shouldn't show your pic, guys are going nuts you see.... :D

Daylight
5th November 2005, 11:13 PM
*winks and shows her ankle* :wink: :lol:

Shem
5th November 2005, 11:16 PM
yeah...now to wait for the first to post about your ankle....DOH!!! (i'm first)

[back to topic]Ok...so....yeah, that map thing is pretty interesting don't you think? :roll: [/back to topic]

Lance
5th November 2005, 11:59 PM
but first, just a teensy bit more offtopic: thank goodness it was a tapdancing cow instead of a lapdancing cow. :o :? 8) :D

Daylight
6th November 2005, 12:03 AM
The furries would like it

Distrupto
6th November 2005, 09:12 AM
A lap dancing cow? Hmm, I wonder wat a cow on an AG circuit would look like. One on an F-1 track wouldnt look to odd though. :lol:

Daylight
6th November 2005, 09:15 AM
i can tell you how it would sound like

*wooosh!* *CRASH* *Mooooooo!*

element42
6th November 2005, 10:50 AM
:lol:
but the map: hmm. I'm on, but it would appear that I've 'shouted out' twice. How incompetent of me. :roll:

Distrupto
6th November 2005, 10:54 AM
:lol: It would get flown-over. :P

Sausehuhn
6th November 2005, 05:57 PM
finally added
Searched for "Kleve" on wikipedia and the 1st time I saw, that my town has it's own english name "Cleves". Good to know^^

Erm... Rob... I made a spelling mistake -.-
Could you please correct the "form" into "from"?

1st question: why do I notice mistakes just after I pushed the "send" button when I checked it before a thousend times!? Am I the only one who has this problem?!
2nd question: when I want to upload a photo later, can I do that by my own, or do you have to do that as well, Rob?

____

@ Tomahawk
it's Nuremberg in english, not Nuernburg, that's the reason why Google didn't find it :roll:

Lance
6th November 2005, 06:32 PM
a ''thousEnd'' times?

England's King Henry VIII had six wives, one of whom was Anne of Cleves, your town.

English uses more than one variation. Nuremburg and Nuremberg are the most common, but i also see Nurnburg, and Nuernburg. should be 'bUrg' shouldn't it?

rejj
7th November 2005, 08:08 AM
In english it is "Nuremberg", whilst in German it is "Nürnberg".
"Nurnberg" is likely to be a mis-typing of the latter.

Sausehuhn
7th November 2005, 01:37 PM
that was just a typing mistake, Lance ;)
English is not my mother language, and I'm sure if you would try to correct all my mistakes (including grammar AND spelling mistakes) you would have to spend a lot of time into that ^^

I totally forgot, that Anne of Cleves is a more or less important person in history... now I've something I can be proud of ;)

And yes, it should be Nürnberg (or Nuernberg, because "ue" can also be used instead of "ü"). Not Nürnburg...
btw: the "nürnberger Lebkuchen (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lebkuchen)" is a real specialty :)

Kansas
7th November 2005, 09:23 PM
In Brazilian Portuguese we say "podo" not "posso"

:)

Lance
7th November 2005, 10:16 PM
Nuernberg for me, cos there is no way i'm going to try to find an umlauted 'u' with the Windows four-key code sequence.

what was this topic again?
oh, yeah... Frapper map and userpics.

Tomahawk
22nd November 2005, 06:07 PM
Hey! I'm back on the map. Thanks for your help infoxicated and Sausehuhn!

And for the Lebkuchen... I'm actually thinking about some kind of Wipeout X-Mas challenge with a biiiiig box of Lebkuchen as a price for the winner. Watch the arena closely guys... :banzai

Megatron42
29th November 2005, 05:06 PM
Nuernberg for me, cos there is no way i'm going to try to find an umlauted 'u' with the Windows four-key code sequence.

what was this topic again?
oh, yeah... Frapper map and userpics.
. ASCII code 129 (http://www.lookuptables.com/): ALT+129 = ü ... for fütüre reference :)

Added myself. And I have to say, only in the most hetero and objective way, of course, that this forum is made up of far more attractive people than a couple of the other forums people have all posted their pics on.;)

Ally Graham
29th November 2005, 05:51 PM
Added myself too.

Lion
3rd December 2005, 11:23 AM
another australasian pilot on the map, I know there's at least 2 others in NZ on these forums too
will up a photo if/when I find one

Dimension
13th December 2005, 09:32 AM
Maaan, come back to the forum and suddenly there's all these (1) cool topics... *added* Funny, I look just like that today, same T-shirt and all :/

Jittery-Joe
13th December 2005, 04:13 PM
Thats odd... where it's placed me is about half a mile outside where I live...
Freaky :dizzy

Mobius
11th January 2006, 02:31 PM
I don't know if it is possible, but could you remove the frappr which says george o'neill please foxy? I have made a new one in its place which has a picture and isnt 15 miles in the wrong place.

Thanks

infoxicated
11th January 2006, 03:21 PM
Okay, I've done that for you. :)

I see they've updated the interface a little for it since I first created the entry on frappr - it's a little more usable now.

Nifton
10th March 2006, 02:05 PM
Cool, just added myself

Zerow
19th April 2006, 07:34 PM
Just added myself, now everyone knows where exactly I am in Wales.

crazy legs
28th April 2006, 09:19 AM
this sucks am I the only guy from sweden? I suddenly feel out-of-place here...

q_dmc12
12th May 2006, 02:31 AM
Nice, added

http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/6072/wozweb6hk.png

PS> this pic does fall w/in forum guidelines, it is less than 50 KB:pc

Lion
12th May 2006, 03:34 AM
I added studio liverpool to the map, rob will be able to tell us if it's actually correct? (I zoomed right in, and put the marker on what I think is the building)

infoxicated
12th May 2006, 12:44 PM
That's just about spot on... I noticed that my marker is waaay off, though.

eLhabib
12th May 2006, 03:41 PM
is there any way to re-set the marker? mine is off by over a mile, too!

Lion
12th May 2006, 08:59 PM
login and you can edit in your profile

Zerow
12th May 2006, 11:18 PM
Nice idea to add Studio Liverpool to the map, Lion. I had no idea someone would think of doing that. :)

Lion
12th May 2006, 11:56 PM
it was not easy to find their address.

Had to go to the British telecom site and look them up. that also (conveniently) had a map, so I tried as best I could to match that up to what it showed in frappr

Asayyeah
13th May 2006, 01:27 AM
great job Leon :) and nice pic Ben ;)

q_dmc12
13th May 2006, 01:37 AM
it's 4 years old, my high school graduation pic

PS> your pic looks like you could use some hair, I have plenty to lend, lol:P

Asayyeah
13th May 2006, 02:20 AM
in the past i had long hairs , but ermm i ve lost them when i meet the Wipeout universe .... too speedyfast for keeping them alive & long :D

stin
13th May 2006, 07:21 AM
Yes in the past before you came along (mind lord of the rings alas Gollum? for his precious ring!;)) Now you started to lose hairs then getting thinner more sleekier and eventually become a speed demon. Now you call yourself (Gollum`s voice) Wipe...wipeout!...zone...WipeoutZone! yeeess Wipeoutzone!

stevie;)

eLhabib
13th May 2006, 10:20 AM
hm seems I won't be able to change my entry, since I didn't log in for creating it in the first place. If I log in now, I can only create a second, more precise one, but I can never delete the first one. Rob, could you delete it?

stin
13th May 2006, 10:35 AM
I have the same problems as well and all I want is to delete mine and cool-lover as well please and we can upload it properly this time with a member.

stevie

Asayyeah
13th May 2006, 11:16 AM
Now you call yourself (Gollum`s voice) Wipe...wipeout!...zone...WipeoutZone! yeeess Wipeoutzone!

:o

q_dmc12
14th May 2006, 09:24 PM
Now you call yourself (Gollum`s voice) Wipe...wipeout!...zone...WipeoutZone! yeeess Wipeoutzone!

:o
Yes, I love the precious! My precious Triakis, precious .....precious .....precious....http://www.jp3d.net/yahoo/images/dont_steal_these_images2/18.gif

infoxicated
15th May 2006, 09:01 AM
I've removed the folk who asked. Hopefully I removed the right folk... I'm a little sleepy today.

eLhabib
15th May 2006, 10:19 AM
thanks Rob. Re-added myself, and the RedBull Headquarters ;)

Mad-Ice
21st June 2006, 03:38 PM
I am on the map, I am on the map!!! Pronounce my town in English and it's: Here You Go Weird. I rest my case, Mad-Ice.

lunar
21st June 2006, 05:40 PM
It certainly is. ;) But a great part of the world. Have you ever taken part in the famous mud-race in nearby Schermerhorn, or run with the cheese in Alkmaar? I was there a few years back, and did wonder how to pronounce your home town. Not that I could pronounce any of them, actually. :)

Mad-Ice
22nd June 2006, 12:58 PM
Hi Lunar

That's real funny, that you have been there. About the mud-races, my father did that a lot. As a little kid we always went there to see the mud races, real cool!!! The cheese market in Alkmaar, i only have seen it once, it's real culture, but there is a lot more to do and see in Alkmaar, then to eat cheese. Nice musea and of course good clubs with a lot of music gigs. Btw i am going to look where you are coming from in the UK maybe i will visit you once, if i am welcome!!!?. My brother lives in Liverpool and works in the well known studio, so sometimes i am over there.

Greetings Mad-Ice

Sausehuhn
22nd June 2006, 02:31 PM
he works for Studio Liverpool? oO

get us some WipEout merchandising ;)

Task
22nd June 2006, 08:14 PM
The cheese market in Alkmaar, i only have seen it once, it's real culture!

Bwa-ha-ha-ha!

Good one! Totally wasn't expecting it!

...Hold on, was that accidental?

Zerow
22nd June 2006, 11:02 PM
Did we hear you right Mad-Ice?

Your brother works at Studio Liverpool??

Lucky him! :D

Mad-Ice
27th June 2006, 09:43 AM
I think we all want some Wipeout merchandise. I didn't even got something, so there aren't so much advantages to it. Maybe only an easier way to visit the studio.

@Lunar: Can't find you on the map?

Zerow
27th June 2006, 11:23 PM
I think it's because Lunar used a different name for the map. I might be wrong, but it's just a thought.

SuCCeSSoR [666]
2nd August 2006, 01:20 PM
Heya, I added myself.

And 'Sausehuhn', you got yourself a new neighbour there. :)

DJ Techno
31st October 2006, 08:54 AM
It's 3am...

WTF am i at?
you got to use a detetives glass for trying to find where i'm at.
Columbia, SC!
it bites, i have no neighbors, except lance, RJ, and others...
living all the way somewhere else and not close.
I put my place on the map. for what i do and done.
Time to come back!

kowareta|vojeet
31st October 2006, 12:03 PM
So, I just added myself!

WipeoutZone has 55 members

il_NIK
15th January 2007, 09:14 AM
Yes, I am

Deluxe
27th May 2007, 04:42 PM
Added (^^)... Only one in Japan though, I feel so alone :'(

q_dmc12
28th May 2007, 01:11 AM
Don't worry, there are others out there just like you - they just don't know it yet.:g

swift killer
7th August 2007, 10:33 AM
ooo yes! mr.goju-ryu is on the map!

Mark Of Insanity
11th August 2007, 05:13 PM
Yay added. Me + Red Bull + Melons + Neighbours = Whee

KevInCal
21st September 2007, 03:35 PM
Another Californian added. :D:+

Lion
26th September 2007, 01:43 AM
man, frappr is seriously broken right now...
I've spent the last hour trying to work out how to move my marker within the wipeoutzone group (because due to inept design, it's not related in any way to the pin placement in my profile) and finally come to the conclusion that something's not working right because whenever I visit a map - even my own friends list one from within the profile - it prompts me to join the group

Lance
27th September 2007, 05:55 PM
Have you got ''referrer logging'' switched on in your browser? I always leave it switched off unless a page requires it before allowing access to a page or some of its links or features.

Lion
28th September 2007, 02:57 PM
I don't mess with the vast majority of the settings in firefox. I get it to look like I want and make life a bit tougher for some kinds of javascript. but other than that it's pretty much defaults.
Thanks for the tip :) but I don't think it's the cause of this issue.

q_dmc12
28th September 2007, 07:53 PM
Yay added. Me + Red Bull + Melons + Neighbours = Whee

Mark, you really are insane:nod

mdhay
9th January 2008, 10:43 PM
I have joined frappr, but it says my maps, then WipEoutZone. and under everyones name, it says 'remove'. What the hell? and How do I add myself, just so I got it right.

superdav
2nd February 2008, 04:01 PM
Added myself. Wow. W'O", not popular in the US, was it?

F.E.I.S.A.R
13th February 2010, 02:46 PM
Just added myself.For some strange reason,I was added twice.

MetaKraken
25th April 2011, 04:28 PM
Just clicked on the site from the first read, and sadly, I got a 404 Error. :(

infoxicated
1st May 2011, 09:11 AM
Looks like the service is dead now.

Ah well, it was fun while it lasted - might as well unstick the thread.