PDA

View Full Version : home made logos

username
31st October 2005, 12:37 PM
ive made some logos that i think that look good. i also used the f500 font in them i downloade from here, however the designers republic seemd to think that i shouldn make these public as they look a little similatr to the ones that they made.
what do you reckon i should do?? :?:

bakkufu
31st October 2005, 12:43 PM
On the basis of intellectual property there are a few issues that can be raised. Even if you don't intent to make a profit from the logo's you can get into serious trouble publicly displaying work that has things in it that are the intellectual property of others.

However its perfectly ok to be inspired by someone else, so I'm sure if you asked them again and were happy to put a footnote saying where you got your inspiration from ( and usually a linky to them ) they would be more than happy to help.

I do it all the time with the modelling photography I work on :)

username
31st October 2005, 12:47 PM
if i get rid of the font and change it for something else (like times new roman!!) AND state that i was inspired by the designers republic then it MIGHT be okay, but i dont really want to get involved in all of this copy right buisiness!! :oops:

bakkufu
31st October 2005, 12:52 PM
Copyright business can be pretty bad, but as I said, its not wrong to be inspired by something, all of our designs and work on here are normally inspired from Wipeout, or films and stuff, just depends how far we go with it. Im keen to see your work though, if you want to, click my profile and email me a few piccies :)

username
4th November 2005, 09:46 AM
thanks for the help! and the warnings