PDA

View Full Version : how many people have downloaded?

username
19th October 2005, 12:44 PM
ive looked around, all i can see is problems with downloading so. please tell me how many people have downloaded.

i still havent, once i get a router for christmas i will though.

eLhabib
19th October 2005, 01:11 PM
I have downloaded all packs there are for the US version so far. Some of them I downloaded using the ingame browser at a nearby internet cafe, and some from the official site onto my pc, and then transferred via USB.

lunar
19th October 2005, 01:31 PM
I could never make it work via yourpsp or wipeoutpure.com, but if you are getting a wireless access point you`ll find it very easy to do with the in-game download feature. If you can connect your psp to the internet you can download - simple as that.

Drakkenmensch
19th October 2005, 01:40 PM
I got the US downloads via the java applet on wipeoutpure.com - the other versions, I got through their ingame download utility.

Distrupto
19th October 2005, 02:34 PM
My downloads will probably be out next year, Region 3 has no downloads yet. I cant find the other versions of WOP.

Drakkenmensch
19th October 2005, 03:34 PM
There are no region 3 downloads yet, true, so any apparent region 3 download pack you might have acquired and showing as "corrupted data" is probably incomplete files that were stored on the website's FTP for one reason or another.

Rapier Racer
19th October 2005, 10:41 PM
Downloaded all the packs for the Euro verison through the Pure site without a hitch

username
24th November 2005, 12:34 PM
lucky sods! lol.

i think that i will wait until i get i wireless roughter! sounds the safest way!
what size memory stick would you guys reccomend?

G0rT
24th November 2005, 02:04 PM
I've got a 256mb one, it wasn't way out of my price range so I chose it over the 1gig. The 256 is nice as I've got all the US downloads, lot's of ghosts and a lot of music on it to! But if you can find a real cheap 1gig stick, buy it, otherwise I say get the 256 because it is really affordable and it holds more than enough memory for downloads, music and pictures.

Rouni Kenshin#1
24th November 2005, 02:23 PM
I've downlaoded all the us ones but the classis 2 2&3, though not for lack of working but i don't have enugh space on my memmory stick.

Dominator
24th November 2005, 08:25 PM
Downloaded every pack for the Euro version via the Pure web site, only problem i encountered was needing a bigger memory stick :D

Sausehuhn
25th November 2005, 03:10 PM
all packs (euro) downloaded including the WipEout Pure Festival Skin which doesn't work ;)

username
26th November 2005, 12:40 PM
I've got a 256mb one, it wasn't way out of my price range so I chose it over the 1gig. The 256 is nice as I've got all the US downloads, lot's of ghosts and a lot of music on it to! But if you can find a real cheap 1gig stick, buy it, otherwise I say get the 256 because it is really affordable and it holds more than enough memory for downloads, music and pictures.

thanks- 256mb it is then! (btw: omega tracks are really cool looking and mysteriouse)

G0rT
26th November 2005, 07:39 PM
no prob username, just glad I could help you out :)

Klarth
26th November 2005, 11:34 PM
I've got all the downloads available for the European version - The Java applet works fine in firefox with PSP in usb-mode.

username
27th November 2005, 12:21 PM
what is the longest it has ever taken anyone to download a pack? i dont want my battery to run-out half way!---

computer voice: data corrupted.
me: noooooooooo --take another deep breath-- ooooooooooooooooo!

username
27th November 2005, 12:25 PM
I have downloaded all packs there are for the US version so far. Some of them I downloaded using the ingame browser at a nearby internet cafe, and some from the official site onto my pc, and then transferred via USB.

do most internet cafe's have wireless access points in them? - if so i will be back in about half an hour!

Jittery-Joe
27th November 2005, 04:08 PM
I have, at various points in time, had all the Euro packs, except Omega on my memory stick. However, I deleted Delta to get Classic2

eLhabib
27th November 2005, 05:22 PM
do most internet cafe's have wireless access points in them? - if so i will be back in about half an hour!

not only internet cafes. searching for wifi spots, I found that quite a lot of normal, unsuspicious cafes had wireless access points sitting right there! (for your stereotype laptop yuppie to watch the stock market while sipping coffee I guess;) )

username
27th November 2005, 07:50 PM
does this mean that i can hang outside the cafe and download the packs without having to pay for the internet costs? --getting ideas!...

Rouni Kenshin#1
27th November 2005, 09:42 PM
The longest time it has taken me to download a pack would be roughly 10 min. You can find wireless internet tones of places eg./starbucks, Mc donolds,most cafes,panera bread(they have better :coffee than starbucks). just drive around ramdomly trying to connect and you'll find one.

eLhabib
27th November 2005, 10:18 PM
does this mean that i can hang outside the cafe and download the packs without having to pay for the internet costs? --getting ideas!...
no. if their wifi is free, you can just sit in the cafe and use it anyway. if it's not free, they will have it encrypted, so you wouldn't be able to access it without asking (paying) for the pass.

Drakkenmensch
28th November 2005, 12:10 PM
Some will have it free but encrypt it anyway so the business next door or upstairs doesn't leech its own connection form them.

username
28th November 2005, 06:46 PM
thankyou, Drakkenmensch. i will see if cob-webs in weymouth has got a wireless access point this saturday. if so- here come omega packs!!!
--important--: do ANY of the packs have to be downloaded in any special order or can you just download the ones that you want straight away?

Rouni Kenshin#1
28th November 2005, 10:03 PM
No, you can only have gamma 2, classic 3 and Delta 1 if you felt like it.

Drakkenmensch
29th November 2005, 12:56 PM
Rouni makes a good point. If you just want to have all ships regardless of tracks, you need to grab Gamma 1 (Tigron), Gamma 3 (Van Uber), Classic 1 (Goteki) and Classic 3 (Icaras)

username
29th November 2005, 02:58 PM
thankyou i have got: omega pack. downloads 1, and 2.
classic pack 2. download 1 in mind at the moment, do you have any idea how much mb this will take up?

Jittery-Joe
29th November 2005, 04:19 PM
they have better :coffee than starbucks
Completely off topic, but everywhere has better coffee than starbucks. Starbucks' coffee is just warm milk with brown dye in it...
BAck on topic: Did The US version get Delta unbranded?

Mobius
29th November 2005, 04:26 PM
You didn't, luckily. But then i guess we wouldn't have the omega packs if europe had it unbranded, i can't see all the artists doing it for free.

Edit: sorry joe, didn't notice that.

Jittery-Joe
29th November 2005, 04:38 PM
I did? I have Euro.
But yeah, your reason is probably true. We'll all have to be subjected to another branded one is the Fan-Pack Idea ever gets off the ground... :frown:

username
30th November 2005, 03:31 PM
thankyou, Drakkenmensch. i will see if cob-webs in weymouth has got a wireless access point this saturday. if so- here come omega packs!!!
--important--: do ANY of the packs have to be downloaded in any special order or can you just download the ones that you want straight away?

unfortunatly they didnt have one, never mind!