PDA

View Full Version : internet on psp?

username
17th October 2005, 12:45 PM
hi guys, if i buy a router, will the psp pick up the signal and allow me to go on the internet? if this is true could i download the packs while on the internet on my psp?
any help appreciated, as im one of these people who always has trouble with the simplest of computer dilemas!! :lol:

Drakkenmensch
17th October 2005, 12:56 PM
Yes. If your router requires you to log in with a WEP key, you will be required to provide it of course, but you will have no trouble doing so. The built-in browser of the PSP OS 2.0 (and above) works very well. Once you are connected, you can also use the Wipeout in-game download tool to get your download packs.

If you don't have the 2.0 upgrade yet, I strongly recommends it as it provides you a very handy browser and greatly reduces WIFI heating and consequent instability.

Distrupto
17th October 2005, 02:01 PM
2.01 and 2.50 have slightly modified browsers with a bit more security and some adjustments.

Lance
17th October 2005, 06:27 PM
not to mention that they're designed to prevent ''homebrew'' programs from working

username
18th October 2005, 09:55 AM
wow, im propably going to get a roughter and a reciver for christmas along with broadband ( in need a reciever so that i can go on the internet in my room) :wink: