PDA

View Full Version : Share your best lap times (PAL)

Zebula77
8th October 2005, 01:25 AM
Woah! Sure been a long time since I visited this place regularily (back in the Fusion days).
Anyways, I think Pure is without doubt a return to form and the best Wipeout yet. A few days ago I got the last gold medal. Took about 30 hours of playing time (well, my friends have played a lot as well). And now I'm at the point where I want to improve those time trial records, and the lap records in particular.

So, please feel free to post your records. I'm very interested to see what kind of times are out there. I'll be posting some of mine when I've gotten some records I'm happy with. :wink:

eLhabib
8th October 2005, 02:26 AM
welcome (back)!

there is a huge library of ghost times here: http://defaulted.ath.cx/ghost/
I am not sure if they work with the euro version (if you have that one), but if not you can at least read the times.

Zebula77
8th October 2005, 02:49 AM
Thanks!

Oh, ok. But those are US times, right? Don't think the Icaras ship has been released over here yet.
And there might be be some differences because of the PAL/NTSC thing, I think.

Still, I don't think they're compatible with the PAL data.

Seek100
8th October 2005, 03:08 AM
The times are directly comparable as everything ingame is identical, except for region-specific extra content of course. The reason the versions are incompatible is something to do with the way the versions are compiled, I remember I think it was Colin Berry mentioning something to do with 'the libraries' but not sure what he meant. But the actual game experience is the same, i.e. no extra floatiness for the Euro version, it really doesn't need it.

Drakkenmensch
8th October 2005, 03:13 AM
I own all three versions, and I can assure you that any given track is exactly the same regardless on which game you play it - the ships also handle the same, and weapons are the same.

The only difference is which packs have been released yet or not, and exclusive content such as Puma ships.

randomperson1
8th October 2005, 11:41 AM
Is it just me or is Harimau slightly better on the PAL version than the US?