PDA

View Full Version : I return

syckls
7th October 2005, 02:21 AM
Yeah, it's been a while since I was here... by the way, that's an impressive number of posts you've racked up, Drakkenmensch.

At the moment, Solid Snake has me locked up in the Metal Gear Solid closet. I am still locked in that closet, but I am playing Wipeout within. Meanwhile, I will begin work writing an FAQ on the tactics of using weapons. No doubt if I send it to GameFAQs they'll say something stupid like "We have a Weapons FAQ alredy your an idoit LOL." Pardon my French, but that one sucks.

Drakkenmensch
7th October 2005, 02:46 AM
*smiles* happy to see you back, buddy :)

And yes, we can always use more insight into weapons. We wipeout fanatics devour every little bit of info we can find!

syckls
7th October 2005, 02:55 AM
What I'll tell you right now is that the major themes are going to be staying away from other racers and the appropriate distance of usage. When it comes to staying away from other racers, I will have divided the weapons into those suitable for entering packs, those suitable for moving through packs, and those suitable for escaping packs.

Drakkenmensch
7th October 2005, 03:10 AM
Ah yes! I tend to separate my weapons in categories for "catching up", "punching through" and "keeping the lead." It seems that we think alike there ;)

G'Kyl
7th October 2005, 09:49 AM
Well, I'd have to add the "absorb only" category, since I hardly ever use dumbfire projectiles save for rockets. I prefer to squeeze their energy and look for another pick-up.

Ben

Hellfire_WZ
7th October 2005, 09:56 AM
No doubt if I send it to GameFAQs they'll say something stupid like "We have a Weapons FAQ alredy your an idoit LOL."

I see what you mean, I doubt you'll get another in-depth guide up unless yours is vastly superior. Give it a go anyway and see how it turns out. If they do reject it for duplication you could always merge it with my FAQ if you want.