PDA

View Full Version : Sudoku: It's eating my brain

Drakkenmensch
29th September 2005, 05:12 PM
I recently discovered a logic puzzle game that's been gaining popularity at an increasing speed - Sudoku

http://www.dailysudoku.co.uk/sudoku/index.shtml

The game is simple enough - fill a 9x9 grid with digits from 1 to 9, but you must never repeat the same digit on any given column, line or within any 3x3 grid.

Addictive :twisted:

lunar
29th September 2005, 05:17 PM
My Mrs is addicted to that, currently finishing the medium level puzzles. With that and a PSP in the house conversation is scarce sometimes. Personally, I can look at a puzzle for about 3 seconds before I start to feel stressed, trapped and nervous and have to run out of the room.

element42
29th September 2005, 05:29 PM
Sudoko? Give me a cryptic crossword anyday :P .Sudoko is a purely logical puzzle that is fun for a bit, whereas crosswords, when set well, are a continual source of interesting puzzles and humour.

Roger
29th September 2005, 05:42 PM
Yeah, my wife, too, is totally addicted to that stuff :)

mclarensmps
29th September 2005, 06:30 PM
i do the daily sudoku in my local newspaper. When i first started out it would take me between 30 minutes to an hour to do a puzzle depending on the difficulty but now ive narrowed my times down to 15-20 minutes to max about 40 minutes/puzzle. Still working on it, i love the simplicity of the game which is what makes it so addictive... kinda just like wipeout ;)

Task
29th September 2005, 10:03 PM
So you go to this website so you can download and print a puzzle and do it on paper with a pencil? Wow, how stone-age! 8 )

I tend to get my Sudoku fix from here: http://www.miniclip.com/sudoku/sudoku.htm

All high-tech computer-interface stuff.
Be sure to use the scroll button and the space bar, they're important for speed.

The puzzles aren't very difficult though, the wife and I tend to get through the hard ones in about 10 minutes.

Enjoy!

Drakkenmensch
29th September 2005, 10:15 PM
Oh yes, seen those! I found even the "hard" ones to be medium at most. Any Sudoku grid I can solve entirely without having to write down in the corner of each square what are the only numbers that can fit in it so that I can find patterns is not hard in my eyes.

Hyper Shadow
30th September 2005, 10:08 AM
I've gone off Sudoku lately, I just found them far too easy. Never had to write anything on the grid except the numbers to go in the box, and then I could do every one in around 10 mins.

Jittery-Joe
30th September 2005, 05:41 PM
In my opinion, Sudoko is Evil. Why the damn papers decided to rpint it amazes me. Bloody Carol Vordeman...