PDA

View Full Version : Hey and Help

PuristJonesy
29th September 2005, 03:51 PM
Firstly hey everyone im new.

secondly, as im sure you are aware - classic pack 1 comes out in the uk on the 3rd and i have only 5mb on my memory stick, will this be enough do you kno?

if not i been looking to get a larger memory stick and i found this but it doesnt actually say it is for psp so could someone verify that it is for me. Link - http://www.play.com/play247.asp?pa=sr&page=title&r=ELEC&title=647251

Thank you people

Jonesy 8)

mischiefdemon
29th September 2005, 03:52 PM
Hi PuristJonesy, welcome to the forums...

That memory card will do the trick just fine. :)

Sausehuhn
29th September 2005, 03:55 PM
it's 100% compatible.
But I wouldn't buy the sticks by Sony, I would take one made by SanDisk. Their sticks are faster and cheaper in general.

And: Welcome to the forums :)

element42
29th September 2005, 03:57 PM
hello Jonesy! :)

my PSP reckons classic pack 1 for the NTSC version is 9984kb, so 5MB wouldn't be enough, sorry...

PuristJonesy
29th September 2005, 04:05 PM
Thank you for help guys :wink:

randomperson1
29th September 2005, 04:32 PM
Judging by the other PAL d/l compression rates, it will be slightly smaller than the US version, but not small enough for the memory stick.

As for that memory stick, because play.com are cheap (that's the exact one I got) you won't get any advantage if you choose Sony or SanDisk

lunar
29th September 2005, 05:14 PM
Sandisk were said to perform faster in a test report I read on Gamespot. I can`t vouch for the truth of this from personal experience, though.

Seek100
29th September 2005, 05:38 PM
I've got the 256Mb SanDisk memory stick and, I dunno but it seems a tad less of a wait ingame when it loads the d/l content than when I was using the old 32Mb Sony stick. Might just be my imagination though. It's just a shame the SanDisk ones are all stupid dayglo colours, dunno what's wrong with black plastic...

Also the PAL version of Classic2 Pack 1 will probably be bigger than the US version as there are only 2 downloads currently known of for the Classic2 pack for PAL whereas the NTSC version was split into 3 downloads.

Kansas
29th September 2005, 08:04 PM
Welcome friend and fellow pilot.

PuristJonesy
2nd October 2005, 09:57 AM
So I can transfer all my saves and pack downloads to the other memory card?

Drakkenmensch
2nd October 2005, 10:08 AM
Just access to your PSP via USB cable (it will show as an extra drive on your computer) and make a copy of your "savedata" folder to your hard drive. Then disconnect your PSP, change to your new memory stick, and make a copy of the old savedata folder from your hard drive back to your new PSP card. Simple, takes only as long as your PSP needs to transfer the data back and forth!

Distrupto
2nd October 2005, 10:19 AM
Ive got the original 32MB stick and a 512MB High-Speed Sony stick since Sandisk aint here where i live. It Sandisk sticks were available, i would have one of those, but the expensive Sony stick works pretty fine itself. The old one takes forever to load pics so i transfer all pics and music to the 512er. I only keep packs and savedata on the little old 32er.