PDA

View Full Version : Sony to release a game-movie UMD hybrid

Hellfire_WZ
12th September 2005, 02:29 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/09/12/news_6132960.html

Seems quite a weird concept, they're releasing the film "Stealth" on UMD and are packaging it with the first few tracks of Wipeout Pure. Apparently there's also going to be an exclusive track and craft on this version too.

Sausehuhn
12th September 2005, 02:32 PM
I won't buy it just for one extra track and ship...

Mobius
12th September 2005, 02:34 PM
I bet the track will be koltiwa and the ship and black "nx100."

I think that could kinda kill the game though.

Sausehuhn
12th September 2005, 02:37 PM
yeah, could be, I'm kinda sure they won't do a real new track for the film.
re-re-re-re-releasing...

Jittery-Joe
12th September 2005, 03:30 PM
Well, Stealth look rubbish, got crap reviews and has nothing to do with WipEout. SOunds like the studios have been waving cash under sony's noses and are desperate for publicity...

Sausehuhn
12th September 2005, 03:50 PM
yeah, it looks like that.
Everything that could work well is in connection with WipEout Pure (WipEout Urban...) just because the game is well sold.
IMO it destroys the style of WipEout.

element42
12th September 2005, 03:55 PM
Dear God I hope that it's not new content, I really don't want to buy that movie. Especially at that price.
Although if i'm forced to I will... :roll: :(

Ruiz Redux
12th September 2005, 05:16 PM
Dear God I hope that it's not new content, I really don't want to buy that movie. Especially at that price.
Although if i'm forced to I will... :roll: :(

Don't let these money men scam you just because you're a fanboy......

You know what to do :wink:

xEik
12th September 2005, 05:22 PM
While I myself would never get a crap movie for a bit of exclusive extra WO content, your continuous insinuations for piracy are starting to piss me off.

And I'd bet I'm not alone.

Ruiz Redux
12th September 2005, 05:53 PM
As long as everybody buys one copy of Wipeout Pure, they should NOT have to pay another 2 or 3 times the price on top of that to gain scraps of extra content.

I am NOT advocating piracy in any other situation and of course feel the developers should be rewarded for their fine efforts. But only once!!

edit by Lance: quotation eliminated. second warning for same infraction. read the guidelines.

Mobius
12th September 2005, 06:14 PM
Be careful mate. We have lost a lot of n00bs around here lately.

You might want to wait and find out what the content is before you consider BUYING it. Which i cirtainly won't be doing, i'm just gonan stick with the UK version.

Kansas
12th September 2005, 06:22 PM
I heard that movie was horrible... If I had to get a new ship... I dunno, if I'd buy it though.

Childlikecake
12th September 2005, 09:41 PM
I think pspupdates.com put it best when they said
We see it all the time, an over-hyped movie with the budget to back it up fails miserably. To try and recover from the losses (in this case $130 million spent, $31 million gross) we will see nifty little gimmick toys at Wal-Mart and stuffed inside some kids meals at fast food joints... The new strategy to get up from the rebound of $100 million lost comes from a deal with Sony. Sony will do their best to turn trash into treasure by releasing the first ever Game and UMD Movie combo on a single disc Bloody money hungery philistine.

Thruster2097
12th September 2005, 09:43 PM
The movie itself is a bit crap if i'm allowed to say so, and this is coming from someone who liked fast and the furious 1. Stealth is the ultimate '05 remake of Short Circuit.

...Who am I trying to kid.
If it's got exclusive pure stuff on there then it's mine!

Sing along with me now..... :guitarist ...Whoops there goes - another nine-teen quid....

Egg
14th September 2005, 12:04 PM
More than 19 quid. It's US$40, so I'd guess if it sees a Euro release, this'll be pushing 35-40 quid.

( Note also that this is a stand-alone demo, not a download pack ... )

Nice to see we're being used to prop up a box-office turkey. :roll:

mischiefdemon
14th September 2005, 12:34 PM
Nope... That would be pretty close to £20... Its not really that bad.

Concidering the average price for a new DVD over here is about £15. That means extra wipEout content for £5. Bargin. lol.

Egg
14th September 2005, 07:09 PM
True, but game prices ( in the UK at least ), are usually £1 = $1 , much to Euro owners' disgust.

Software companies rarely obey the current exchange rates.

Megatron42
14th September 2005, 11:50 PM
So do we know for sure that extra pure content exists, not just a demo of Wipeout? I don't want to spend any more time then necessary thinking about this one.