PDA

View Full Version : Why are all the popular people such a**holes..?

Zero [RG] [HG]
12th September 2005, 12:11 AM
I know, in some places like here, they're not, but...

Why are most of the popular people such a**holes?

Thruster2097
12th September 2005, 12:37 AM
...well, if nothing more, it's certainly contender for "vaguest comment this year" award...

I dont geddit :zero, popular as in schoolkid popular or celebrity popular? Okay, so I know they can be classified as Ignorance and Arrogance respectivley but remember popular is not always better. Whats the story?

Drakkenmensch
12th September 2005, 03:15 AM
Schoolkid popular is actually the training program for celebrity popular ;)

eLhabib
12th September 2005, 09:46 AM
hey, you calling me an a**hole???
:D

infoxicated
12th September 2005, 11:16 AM
...well, if nothing more, it's certainly contender for "vaguest comment this year" award...
It's almost like he's graduated with first class honours in Vagueness from the University of Uncertanty. :)

So Zero [RG] to the [HG], can you maybe give us some greater detail on your popular a**hole theorem?

username
12th September 2005, 12:16 PM
its usually because they are self obsesed, wich leads to self destruction, wich evehntually leads to suiside!! :D

i got that from my wife and kids :wink:

eLhabib
12th September 2005, 12:51 PM
they're DEAD?! 8O

Rouni Kenshin#1
12th September 2005, 10:29 PM
Because they are stupid.

I have found that the stupider things you do and the more you act stupid the more popular.

Of corse this leads to no advanced degree and very little money after high school so revenge will come in time. :twisted:

Zero [RG] [HG]
13th September 2005, 03:47 AM
I've tried that more than once.

Schoolkid popular, for that matter... -_-

Mogaar
13th September 2005, 04:18 AM
I have to say, this is a very odd topic...

Zero [RG] [HG]
13th September 2005, 04:26 AM
Like me, sometimes.

Gotta expect it.

Drakkenmensch
13th September 2005, 01:42 PM
Most of us here are weird. I'm a very strange man myself, and I get extremely odd thoughts.

Here's a case in point:

We can all agree that Kool-Aid man is an anthropomorphic glass jar filled with - you guessed it - Kool-Aid.

Now, Kool-Aid man is showing up everywhere, bursting through walls, offering kids some Kool-Aid to quench their thirst... so since Kool-Aid comes from his body, is he trying to get kids to drink his BLOOD or his URINE?

Thoughts on this?

Space Cowboy
13th September 2005, 01:45 PM
Hmnm... interesting, maybe it is his urine, in which case Im even more disturbed than when I started reading this thread lol :)

Mobius
13th September 2005, 03:01 PM
I get this post now, your saying why is it all the popular school kids or the adults who seem to be popular and get all they want cant read, have 4 kids by the time they are 15 and between them and the 4 mothers/fathers have no gcse's?

To be honest i think it is there are so many people like that they are in a majority and are popular, and sadly most want to copy them. Especially in Britain now.

lunar
13th September 2005, 03:10 PM
If I understand it right, the answer to this question is pretty obvious if you watch any documentary about the social life of chimpanzees. The Alpha chimp is always the most uncivilized asshole in the group, beating up other chimps and eating baboons alive to prove how hard he is. Similarly, in some human relations how high you climb can depend on how many people you tread on...... people stay close to the high climber in order to protect themselves, acquire status of their own and to be close to the top spot to take over there if something goes wrong. Its probably all to do with evolution.

Rouni Kenshin#1
13th September 2005, 10:25 PM
Kool- aid man's kool-aid is what?

maby it's his bile or plasma of his blood, or it might just be his urine.

q_dmc12
31st May 2007, 11:08 PM
These are the topics I charish and hold dear to my heart;)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/tauzins/FirefoxishLoved.gif (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqaEgmf6pJQ)

Dav657
1st June 2007, 01:40 AM
Most of us here are weird. I'm a very strange man myself, and I get extremely odd thoughts.

Here's a case in point:

We can all agree that Kool-Aid man is an anthropomorphic glass jar filled with - you guessed it - Kool-Aid.

Now, Kool-Aid man is showing up everywhere, bursting through walls, offering kids some Kool-Aid to quench their thirst... so since Kool-Aid comes from his body, is he trying to get kids to drink his BLOOD or his URINE?

Thoughts on this?

WOW!! LMAO! That has got to be one of the funniest things i ever heard! Man and i thought i was weird!:D
Also when Kool-Aid man is bursting through walls why doesnt he break? We'd all live more comfortably without the fact that the dam kool-aid man might burst through my walls at any given point... i cant replace my walls i dont have that kinda money. Never drinking kool-aid again! :p

mdhay
1st June 2007, 07:39 AM
two things:
1: I have only seen kool-aid man on metal gear toast.
2:In female cases, calling them "princess"when they are young does not help If you have a new-born girl, Dont for the good of all things good in life, don't

Lance
1st June 2007, 04:26 PM
I see your point. :D

Funny how guys never get called 'prince' when they're little kids. Uh.. well, there are a couple of exceptions, I suppose. But it's not common like the 'princess' thing with girls.

mdhay
1st June 2007, 09:53 PM
it is likely that they will hear all the 'tales about them getting all the stuff they want, throw in unemployment,alcoholics, druggies , crime and hey presto! C.H.A.V!

marty

q_dmc12
1st June 2007, 10:03 PM
Funny how guys never get called 'prince'

I was (only a few times) *hangs head in shame*:frown:

mdhay
1st June 2007, 10:09 PM
ah man,major humiliation!!!..........
quit your jibbur-jabbur! :mr-t

Max A K Challie
14th June 2007, 09:19 AM
School is in no way like life. In fact, it's quite the opposite.
Nerds go on to become company CEOs and 'populars' go on to become self abusive and work in factories - that is an average or typical example. Several 'populars' will be financially successful, and most nerds have their own friends at school, and get married later on in life. Bill Gates was a nerd, Bruce Willis was a social outcast (I think).

From Eric Steven Raymond's How To Become A Hacker document:

The Hacker/Nerd Connection

Contrary to popular myth, you don't have to be a nerd to be a hacker. It does help, however, and many hackers are in fact nerds. Being something of a social outcast helps you stay concentrated on the really important things, like thinking and hacking.

For this reason, many hackers have adopted the label ‘geek’ as a badge of pride — it's a way of declaring their independence from normal social expectations (as well as a fondness for other things like science fiction and strategy games that often go with being a hacker). The term 'nerd' used to be used this way back in the 1990s, back when 'nerd' was a mild pejorative and 'geek' a rather harsher one; sometime after 2000 they switched places, at least in U.S. popular culture, and there is now even a significant geek-pride culture among people who aren't techies.

If you can manage to concentrate enough on hacking to be good at it and still have a life, that's fine. This is a lot easier today than it was when I was a newbie in the 1970s; mainstream culture is much friendlier to techno-nerds now. There are even growing numbers of people who realize that hackers are often high-quality lover and spouse material.

If you're attracted to hacking because you don't have a life, that's OK too — at least you won't have trouble concentrating. Maybe you'll get a life later on.

If you think hacking is about breaking into things, you may want to read this: http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/hacker-howto.html#what_is

I personally love being a social outcast; I don't have time for drinking, MySpace, and other such blah blah material.

I know a man who was very popular in school, and who is now, at 50, quite unpopular and poor also. I know others who will change themselves to a certain extent in order to be accepted socially. I've watched several of them change over the years and change their behavior. Most of them would reject me only to try and hang out with me when none of their friends are around and they have nothing to do. I would often hang out with them then. They never seem to reject me anymore, but it all turned in the other direction quite suddenly. It was only then that I realized what an outcast I was, and have considered myself one ever since. I can really feel that the tides have changed, but I refrain from looking down on them. Instead, I look away from them.

I wouldn't change myself to suit anyone else. They can accept me the way I am or leave me alone. If someone doesn't like me, I take the logical approach; 'I don't like you!' '**** off then!'. There is no logic in hanging out with people you don't like.

q_dmc12
14th June 2007, 05:12 PM
There is no logic in hanging out with people you don't like.

Well.. actually there is, but that's another story altogether...

Anyway, I have always been a loner - ever since I started kindergarden. I was in scouts with other kids I knew from school and we'd socialize (to some extent). However, that was about all the social interaction I got - I used to get beatup on the playground... at least I found back.....with vengence! }8D

Recently though I have become depressed because of very little interaction and too much videogamming and worrying over school grades - I have become a workoholic.:blarg Getting better though, there is light at the end of the tunnel - the WWT is something I desperately need...that and sleep.;)

EDIT: Heey, lucky post 777 :p

Chill
16th June 2007, 10:29 PM
The absolute answer to the question is because those popular people that act popular only put on a show like they are popular, than people wanna be popular too (these people are idiots) and talk to them to be their friends, not only for true friendship (which is what a true friend would do), but for some of the popularity, and attention.

All in all, these people think they can get stuff out of 'minorities', which is fu%#!ng retarded, because they do nothing but shoot them down.

The final answer to your question as to why they are a**holes, because the are fu%#!ng dumb@$$e$, end of story. High-school grades aren't good enough to judge real-life knowledge, which they don't have. ;)

q_dmc12
18th June 2007, 01:10 AM
Geez:o

Bad memories?;):?

Chill
18th June 2007, 05:08 AM
Yes, I wondered the answer to this question for most of my life, and I figured it out just this year. ;)

Quote: [Nerds go on to become company CEOs and 'populars' go on to become self abusive and work in factories].

I really don't think it's that simple, like it or not, that seems to be the point of view a nerd would have. ;) It just matters whether the person uses his/her better qualities or worse qualities to make up their lives, that's what it boils down to in the end. Example: Popular-[Drinking (Bad Quality), Exercise (Good Quality)] Nerd-[Living in your room your whole life (Bad Quality), Reading (Good Quality)].

q_dmc12
18th June 2007, 05:33 AM
That last line enlightened me in more ways than I know

Max A K Challie
21st June 2007, 01:22 PM
The final answer to your question as to why they are a**holes, because the are fu%#!ng dumb@$$e$, end of story. High-school grades aren't good enough to judge real-life knowledge, which they don't have. ;)

A build on my point. School is in no way like life, and it doesn't last as long. I'd rather have the knowledge about life myself.

I'm a nerd who trains in martial arts.

Chill
22nd June 2007, 06:18 AM
[off topic]Nice, martial arts... I tried it once, but it seemed too unbelievable to me, hitting dead air, too much imagination over realism for me, but that's just my opinion... boxing for me, face the pain of your work.[/off topic]

I was a bully as a child, nerd through Jr. High, and a jock/nerd through high-school (normal). Never had a girlfriend, perhaps too motivated to want to be slowed down... I feel at times that even though I don't have swarms of people around me (other the entire air-force), I'm more hardcore than anyone I've ever known in high-school, simply because my bullies have motivated me to not only overcome them, but crush them. If they saw me now, they would only apologize, only milds the sauce, sometimes bullies are great motivation. I would simply look at them as that, tools to motivate you.

Task
22nd June 2007, 02:35 PM
...only mields the sauce...With a who to the what now? Is this some colloquialism I'm unaware of? <lost...>

Chill
22nd June 2007, 06:58 PM
Huh?? You mean mild?? ;) Just a misspell, sorry.

Lance
22nd June 2007, 07:16 PM
''only milds the sauce''

But.. um... 'mild' isn't a verb; one might dilute a sauce with milder ingredients, make it less spicy, gentle it, make the sauce milder, or something like that. But I think I'm straying from the topic. Strayed the topic? ;)

Chill
23rd June 2007, 12:12 AM
Ya ya, whatever... I'm not an english whizz. You wanna change it, go ahead. I'm sure it's understood enough, that's all that should matter, right? :o To be back on topic, populars are not mild enough!!!! Ha ha!!

The Gracer
24th June 2007, 11:37 PM

Here's a case in point:

Thoughts on this?

LMFAO. i am actually lolling right now. Physically. Why did i never think of it this way?!

Given that i was a social outcast for the first 8 years of my education, i learnt a lot from observing other peoples relationships. After finding out that the strongest pairs are those who concentrate a lot on how other people feel, rather than how they feel themselves, i began to make friends very quickly, and in huge quantities. i can honestly say, after 5 years of building strong relationships with a wide variety of people, that anyone who calls themselves 'popular' are fooling themselves - 99% of people outside of their silly little 'posse' hate them with such passion its unbelievable. Why?

Because they care only for themselves.

Max A K Challie
28th June 2007, 02:39 PM
Good thing to keep in mind!