PDA

View Full Version : Leftfield - A Final Hit

Leftism
19th August 2005, 03:27 PM
LEFTFIELD TO RELEASE BEST OF COMPILATION

LEFTFIELD are to release a best of compilation to coincide with the tenth anniversary of their debut album.

’A Final Hit’ is out on October 3, and comes ten years after the release of their debut album ’Leftism’.

’A Final Hit’ will feature their early hard-to-find 12” releases ’Not Forgotten’ and ’More Than I Know’ alongside their hits, including Open Up’ which features John Lydon.

A limited edition version of the album comes with a bonus DVD and includes videos for ’Open Up’, ’Original’, ’Afro Left’, ’Release The Pressure’, ’Afrika Shox’, ’Dusted’ and ’Swords’.

Bandmember Neil Barnes said: “I had never sat down and listened to the music that spanned our career in this way before. The essence of Leftfield was to simply make exciting music, push back some boundaries, and to take creative steps forward. We had some great fun on the way.”

The tracklisting runs:

* ‘Release The Pressure’
* ‘Afro-Left’
* ‘Song Of Life’
* ‘Original’
* ‘Storm 3000’
* ‘Open Up’
* ‘Dusted’
* ‘Phat Planet’
* ‘Afrika Shox’
* ‘Not Forgotten’
* ‘A Final Hit’
* ‘Swords’
* ‘Shallow Grave’
* ‘Snakeblood’
* ‘More Than I Know’

Leftfield formed in 1990 and their 1995 debut album 'Leftism' is widely regarded as a landmark album in dance music. The follow-up, 'Rhythm And Stealth', was released in 2000.

The group also became renowned as remixers, working with the likes of Roots Manuva and David Bowie.

http://www.nme.com/news/113420.htm