PDA

View Full Version : Wipeout Pure concert download (Japanese version)

Mogaar
28th June 2005, 05:35 PM
Has anyone seen this yet? It's from PSP-Vault:

"Wipeout Pure concert download
Posted on Jun 28, 2005 - 09:22 AM by TechRep
Email to a friend | Print this article

Sony Japan announced today that there will be a special Wipeout Pure download available on July 16 at a concert in Yokohama, Japan.

On Saturday, July 16, starting at 16:00, in the Yokohama Arena in Japan, the will be a international techno concert.

If you take your PSP with your Wipeout Pure UMD, there will be wireless access to download a special WIRE05 BGM (music), a special WIRE05 circuit, and special WIRE05 menu graphics.

http://www.playstation.jp/news/2005/pr_050628_wop.html
http://www.wire05.com

NO... I am NOT part of WIRE05.
I wish I could go, but I will be busy flying.

TechRep
Tokyo"

See, that and the exclusive PAL downloads are the kinds of things that won't happen in the States for whatever reason. Kinda disappointing, but at least the games are region-free so I can buy the Japanese and European versions of the game...

Sumimasen
28th June 2005, 05:52 PM
I think exclusive content sucks. It's fine if these's an 'exclusivity window' of like a month or so, but I reckon all territories should have access to the same stuff eventually.

If it makes you feel any better, I'm sure the US will get some exclusive content too. Hopefully...

yawnstretch
28th June 2005, 06:10 PM
OOh - this sounds cool.

/wants

Purist
28th June 2005, 06:49 PM
Wooahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, this is AWSOME!!! - I own the Japanese version!!!

Also, after translating a page on the Japanese site I noticed this

* Before June 17th gamma pack as for the method which downloads 1 and 2,
Before downloading gamma pack 3, for the second time, please download 1 and 2.

Should the Japanese Gamma's now be downloaded again like the American version too??? only they are the only one I've experienced probs with.

Dogg Thang
28th June 2005, 06:58 PM
Hmmm... I have to say that I agree with Sumimasen.

One one hand, something like this is fantastic if you get to go to an event like this. It will feel very special and a great reward for those people. And what a great momento! So I can understand that side of it but I know that those of us who can't get it will feel like something is being held back. Like we are being denied something.

Maybe it's one of those glass half full or half empty situations but I'm with Sumimasen in wishing that all of our glasses were full.

By the way, nice find on that Purist - it does look like there have been fixes applied to the JP packs.

InvaderF00
28th June 2005, 09:42 PM
Dogg,
That is true, but it does not stop the general feeling of being stuck states side and chanting...
I WANT IT !
I WANT IT !
I WANT IT !
^_^

Hybrid Divide
29th June 2005, 01:31 AM
Since I eventually plan on getting all versions of the game, I think someone who IS able to go should post the file somewhere.

So we all can eventually get it.

Thruster2097
29th June 2005, 07:34 AM
http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2231
do not share downloaded pure content.

apparently rob has an issue about distributing a free download.
I dont see the problem, infact I would even go so far as to say I encourage it.
But not here.

not here.

Hybrid Divide
29th June 2005, 09:11 AM
Woah, ok.
Sorry guys.

Didn't see the post about not sharing download stuff.

No worries, Rob. I understand why a rule like this is in place.

Not that I was sharing anything myself, but... oh, you guys know what I mean! :D

Lion
29th June 2005, 12:40 PM
I actually approve of the unique event content, I like the idea :)
I'd like to be able to turn up at (eg:) a convention or something and get game content that's not available elsewhere...

sure it'll annoy me a bit that I miss out on some of the content (eg: if it's released at some concert in japan) but I'll be happy when I can grab stuff that they miss out on.
As long as I have the same amount of content as anyone else, I have no problem with it being different content.

anything from a specific event that is released for any given regions version will wind up online anyway, whether by official channels or not :P so I won't be too upset at getting that content sometime later when it's posted by someone who was lucky enough to attend the event (this will be how I will manage having the US release in New Zealand).
but missing out on some of the japanese content is simply an incentive to go buy the japanese version of the game

G'Kyl
29th June 2005, 08:21 PM
I think the idea is great - IF the content will eventually be available to all PSP users. You can't expect to satsify users if you exlude most of them from the content you otherwise offer as a giveaway. Well, at least that's how I feel about it.

Ben

Thruster2097
29th June 2005, 08:34 PM
ditto :G'Kyl.

All exclusive content should be made available to the general public at some stage.

Dogg Thang
29th June 2005, 08:53 PM
Then it's not exclusive - it's just called "content".

Thruster2097
29th June 2005, 09:15 PM
It would still be "exclusive" to the region, or in this case event for a time period of say three or four weeks. Then it should be made commonly available to all regions.

As a WipEout fan inparticular, I feel kind of left out here, almost penalised because of where I happen to live.
I finally know what it must be like for all you american pilots without W3SE. Doesn't feel very nice, does it? :?

sip
29th June 2005, 11:22 PM
WOW....WIRE05!?

I've always loved Wire...they have some of my favourite Japanese DJs...heheh, good to see Takkyu Ishino back as usual >_<. Too bad Ken Ishii is not lised.

But damn, this is awsome news for Japanese Pure owners. I really hope that NA version will receive some exclusives...so far it seems to be the most left out (not to mention ton of delays). Even the poor folks waiting for the PAL version will get exclusive content.

wirehang
30th June 2005, 09:50 AM
I love this new content idea!

It would be great if all content made it to all regions but only Studio Liverpool can comment on that. What is the exclusive Euro content?

matt

Purist
30th June 2005, 11:25 AM
emsef... FAR too early to predict yet, we're still enjoying the freebies!!! :D

Sausehuhn
30th June 2005, 01:14 PM
I like the idea of region specific contents, it's a cool thing.
But yes, it's not really great thing for all these people who haven't got a WipEout Pure version of this region.
I think it would be a good thing if these special contents would be available just for one region at the beginning and then, later, for everyone. That would still be a special for the region that get it 1st. And not disapointing for all the others at the end. Nothing is more thrilling than waiting. :wink:

Purist
30th June 2005, 01:31 PM
Nothing is more thrilling than waiting...:wink:

So true.... the excitment surrounding the GAMMA packs were phenominal, I wonder how many members they alone have added to the boards? :roll:

Rouni Kenshin#1
4th July 2005, 09:05 PM
i am AMERICAN i live in AMERICA so what makes the japs so special that they get
"excluseve content" when all other walks of human life are left high and dry.

i smell a patition

sorry about spelling if any

Sausehuhn
4th July 2005, 09:09 PM
I'm sure the people in the US and in Europe will get these special contents too, just at another time. So let's wait - when our 1st special download is available I'm sure the japanese people will have to wait as well.

uberweng
5th July 2005, 12:02 PM
I dont think its going to be that hard to track down any exclusive content. Someone in japan is going to make it available as there are already a number of unofficial sites you can donwload the gamma packs from.

Sven
6th July 2005, 03:19 AM
But not here.The license agreement you have to agree to in order to download the official downloads from the official site says you agree to not distribute the downloaded files to let people download them from unofficial download sources. In not so many words. Not like anyone actually reads license agreements or anything. Gosh, that was a lot of repeated words...

Anyway, they're free, but being used under license...it's those meddling lawyers de-simplifying everything. So Rob is legally obligated to prohibit download sharing, especially since some of the devs hang around here.

Colin Berry
6th July 2005, 11:50 AM
http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2231
do not share downloaded pure content.

But not here.

not here.

Its not Rob who has the issue with distributing a free download, it is Sony and as they pay us, then we have to follow their wishes.
Whether Rob or I or anyone else working for Sony has an issue with free downloads or not is irrelevent, we've been told the situation and it is common sense for us to adhere to what they want.

Dogg Thang
6th July 2005, 03:06 PM
I can see Sony's perspective on this too - in order to know what effect the downloads are having, how many people are updating their WO games, etc they need to be able to keep track of who is downloading them and whether they are going through wi-fi or the site through USB.

This information will affect how much downloadable content becomes standard with PSP games and how it is distributed. Pure is the test subject. I've had issues with it myself (particularly with the fact that the JP downloads only work wi-fi officially and my PSP has real trouble maintaining a connection to the JP site) but I can understand what they are doing.

Dogg Thang
14th July 2005, 05:50 PM
Check out the update on the JP site with images of the Wire05 content and even a vid! Can anyone translate the page? It looks great!

It's on a link on this page - http://www.playstation.jp/scej/title/wipeout/

BenjaminBirdie
14th July 2005, 05:58 PM
That track looks SWEET. Hopefully we in the West shall see it as well...someday.

Purist
14th July 2005, 06:00 PM
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice find DAWWWG! :wink:

Here's a rough translation of the contents, if this hasn't been covered already?!?!

* Download contents
With limitation around the PSP®"place t Shaun portable" zone inside the meeting place, 3 points below were collected to one, the "WIRE05 special pack" it becomes download possible.

WIRE05 special BGM
The original CM tune which the Isino ping pong person composes with the image of WIRE05.
In only WIRE05 notification CM it can hear, the valuable sound source.
WIRE05 special circuit
Preparing the special circuit which is decorated with WIRE logograph. Adjusting to BGM, WIRE mood while overflowing, ' WIPEOUT PURE ' you can enjoy.
WIRE05 special menu graphics
Representing WIRE, the menu graphics which was designed.

Egg
14th July 2005, 08:40 PM
... all that, plus a little extra something we put in just before we submitted the pack.

:wink: :wink: :wink:

Dogg Thang
14th July 2005, 08:45 PM
Could it be the ship that's in the pictures? Or even something extra that they don't even have on the site?

This really is a special treat for a concert exclusive!

Egg
14th July 2005, 08:46 PM
Put it this way ... anyone recognise that ship ? :lol:

Sumimasen
14th July 2005, 08:53 PM
The back view looks a little bit like Icaras, but the wireframe shots... I dunno. :?

That track looks really cool though! There HAS to be some way to get it over here... :? :?

Egg
14th July 2005, 08:58 PM
Made you look :lol: :lol:

It was a trick question. It's a newie.

Dogg Thang
14th July 2005, 09:00 PM
Hmmmm... I think I'm missing the significance. In some of the screenshots it looks remarkably like the PS1 ships from the original WO but the wireframe makes me think maybe that's not it because of the split. I'm not sure...

Edit: Doh! You got me, Egg. I was staring like an idiot trying to find what it was. For anyone who can read Japanese - I don't suppose there is anything on the update that says it will be available to the general public or is it still totally exclusive to the concert?

Egg
14th July 2005, 09:22 PM
It's meant to look very traditional, but Pure-ified a little bit. It's spindly in the wings, but chunky around the engines and cockpit.

I dare say the download will make its way onto many a PSP that didn't turn up at the event - but remember, it'll only work on the Japanese version.

So be prepared for Purist Kev to do a bit of showing off ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

:wink:

eLhabib
14th July 2005, 09:30 PM
please tell me you won't leave this content exclusive to jap versions! Can't be that hard to make it available for US and euro, can it? It's not like you'd have to re-do it twice!

Egg
14th July 2005, 09:47 PM
I'd imagine there would be license issues with the Wire05 branding, meaning it couldn't be used in other territories.

BenjaminBirdie
14th July 2005, 09:49 PM
But, but, but, but, but, but!

Couldn't you just, y'know, change it to Sebenco Peak billboards?

GAAAH!

*Shuffling Off To Charlie Brown Christmas Music*

Egg
14th July 2005, 09:56 PM
Not my decision, unfortunately :lol:

Anyway there's loads of other downloads on the way, and the game's not even out in Europe yet.

So be patient ! Go play Gamma Pack 3 :wink:

BenjaminBirdie
14th July 2005, 10:09 PM
*snf* Yeah...I guess I could do that...

Descension offers some SLIGHT amount of stuff to do. I guess...

Sven
14th July 2005, 10:16 PM
Region exclusive content is cruel and unusual punishment. It should be banned under the Geneva convention.
:roll:

Purist
14th July 2005, 10:39 PM
So be prepared for Purist Kev to do a bit of showing off ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

:wink:

yay, recognition! - I really will have to get my copy signed by the team one day... does that make me sad?

:twisted: hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha :twisted: Japanese copy owners regain superiority again! :wink:

If I've said it once, I've said it a million times... buy the Japanese version people! proove your loyalty to 'the purE' and have the upper hand on the majority :twisted: although, whilst saying that (in order to remain above board) wouldn't one have to travel to the event personally to officially obtain the packs?

Whilst I'm on the subject of potentially cool downloads, couldn't help thinking maybe an even faster 6th 'flame' class could be created and/or 5 more ZONE tracks!

syckls
14th July 2005, 11:03 PM
To officially obtain the packs, yeah. But there's nothing that says you can't un-officially obtain them... which of course would be completely illegal, something Lance would probably remind us all about. *makes sacrifice to Colin Berry for even mentioning such a thing*

skipper
15th July 2005, 12:43 AM
Link to video of Wire05 downloadable content:

http://www.playstation.jp/ch/pv/asx/mv_wipeoutpure.asx

Darn 56k modem, trying to watch streaming video is a tedious process.

syckls
15th July 2005, 12:53 AM
...Okay. That video just... Purist, you have a convert. You have my permission to dance like a monkey in celebration.

Purist
15th July 2005, 11:56 AM
That's it, I want some commission! :D

tapioca
15th July 2005, 01:25 PM
It's the "Koltiwa" track already seen in the japanese Sakusaku Show, right ?
With brand new billboards and a few graphic enhancements…

Link to Aka-Sho's Website: http://www.geocities.co.jp/SiliconValley-SanJose/7230/wipeout/items/indexP.html
DD link for the video (8.5Mo mpeg4): http://www.geocities.co.jp/SiliconValley-SanJose/7230/wipeout/items/sakusaku_WOP.zip

Sausehuhn
15th July 2005, 01:40 PM
Now I have to learn japanese... I don't understand a word (Ok, WIPEOUT and PURE)...

Mobius
15th July 2005, 02:42 PM
Tapioca you're right. I knew i had seen it before.

Also ibnt he edge magazine, the one with pure ont he front cover they have scrennies of that track with edge billboards.

Ithink it will make it to the Omega Packs just under different billboards.

Just not Mcdonals, please.

Purist
16th July 2005, 09:39 AM
Apparantly... 'Japan is not divided into different time zones. The whole country is nine hours ahead of Greenwich Mean Time (GMT). So, when it is midday in London, it is 9pm in Japan (8pm during UK Summer Time).' and 'On Saturday, July 16, starting at 16:00 (although from timetable, downloadable area open from 17:00), in the Yokohama Arena in Japan, the will be a international techno concert.'

So they should have it in just a few hours!!! :(

In addition, did anyone notice the stats on the ship? Correct me if I'm wrong but upon closer inspection they appear to be ...

SPEED 4/5 HANDLING 5/5
SHIELD 3/5 THRUST 3/5

oh, one last thing, had a bit of a nose around their site this morning (looks like a pretty cool gig IMO) and located these points of interest... maybe?

ARENA MAP (http://www.wire05.com/areamap/index.html)
DOWNLOADS (i.e. wallpaper) (http://www.wire05.com/download/index.html)
TIMETABLE (http://www.wire05.com/timetable/index.html)

Dogg Thang
16th July 2005, 10:38 AM
Wow, that seems like a stunning night out - goes on until 6 in the morning! I wish I was there!

Purist
16th July 2005, 11:16 AM
DOH! - just sussed it out, it would have been available from 9am our time (Japan only 8 hours ahead in summertime) - so it's out there, folks are playing it... NOW! :D :cry: :D :cry: :D :cry:

Just found out through a Japanese forum, it's 7.85mb!

def
16th July 2005, 08:43 PM
i want japanese version!

Purist
16th July 2005, 10:19 PM
Just spoken to a friend of a friend.. and...

Tune is called 'JINGLE WIRE05' (well funky)
Ship is called 'WIRE05' (nice, thin and 'sharp' edged)
Track is called 'KOLTIWA' and it's 5006 metres length / 255 metres high

:D :D :D

Dogg Thang
16th July 2005, 10:41 PM
Cool, nice info. So that confirms that it is the track that was on the footage from the Japanese show.

Hybrid Divide
17th July 2005, 12:40 AM
*cries*

I want it!!!

Hybrid Divide
17th July 2005, 01:02 AM
At least tell me you can give us the Craft from it.
Rename it if you have to!

But I'm LOVING that classic design!

Dogg Thang
17th July 2005, 09:29 AM
Well Vagrant, possibly one of the devs could tell me if I'm warm or cold here but seeing as the track turned out to be the same one that was on that Japanese show, it could well have been made as a generic 'exclusive' track that could easily have the billboards etc switched. If that is the case then I would have thought that there is a good chance the same track will appear in the other territories but with different licensing. Could be the same for the ship too.

Of course that's pure speculation on my part.

uberweng
17th July 2005, 10:30 AM
Damn,
just finished a few laps of the new track using the new craft.

The craft looks cool, I like the "retro wipeout style". The longer angular fins make me think of an old school wipeout craft upgraded to compete in new events.

The track is nice as well. Very open and fast. It has a cool jump that has you land on a section of the track that is dropping away steeply and this creates a cool effect.

To select the track there is a new addition to the "league selection" screen called "EXCLUSIVE." I dont know why but this gave me the impression that they are serious about the exclusive nature of the additional content.

Anyway, more great stuff for free! Thanks to all involved.

Purist
17th July 2005, 11:15 AM
The style of the WIRE05 is very much in sync with the generic WipEout style of fonts, graphics etc... almost like the event was inspired and directly copied the style or something?!?!? - anyway, seems like a match made in heaven to me!

Oh and Dogg, it does appear (to me anyway!) to be the same track used for the EDGE mag and that SAKU show.

Wonder if anymore exclusive are coming our way and just what they'll be?

Mobius
17th July 2005, 04:35 PM
it does appear (to me anyway!) to be the same track used for the EDGE mag and that SAKU show.

I hate to steal your thunder there but I mentioned that about 2 days ago mate :).

Space Cowboy
17th July 2005, 08:06 PM
Do we get any pics, vids or audio samples of this new content? Is anyone willing to post them? BTW who wrote the new tune for it, was it Tim?

Dogg Thang
17th July 2005, 09:09 PM
Well I don't know who wrote the tune but I'd be almost certain that it wasn't Tim given that Wire would mostly feature japanese artists.

Space Cowboy
17th July 2005, 09:11 PM
Ah yeah, probably some crazy japanese techno ninja :)
Still I'd like to hear it though.

Sumimasen
17th July 2005, 09:16 PM
This link from Famitsu Online should give you the info you need... :D

http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/2005/07/17/103,1121530536,41379,0,0.html

Looks like the artist is Takkyu Ishino, whoever that is... :?

Nice piccies too - wish I could've been there... 8)

Space Cowboy
17th July 2005, 09:18 PM
Oh man! that ship looks amazing! thats definitely retro! :) The track looks nice too.
Sorta reminds me of the Icaras from WO3. Very sleek, very wipeout, I like! :D

Actually that looks very much like an Icaras menu skin!, the colours are identical to the Icaras colour scheme..... hmmmmmm.

Lance
17th July 2005, 09:48 PM
being reminded of Icaras is good. vEry good. :D

Space Cowboy
17th July 2005, 09:51 PM
Thought you'd like that Lance :)

Drakkenmensch
17th July 2005, 10:53 PM
Somehow, it reminds me of the Decepticon flyers who stayed behind on Cybertron after Megatron and Prime left for earth :)

sip
18th July 2005, 03:50 AM
Here's a couple intersting shots: http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20050716/wire05.htm not sure if you guys seen them yet.

Now OMG! I'm going to run off a roof dammit!! That content is purely awsome...as soon as I saw Takkyu on there I freaked! In case no one knows he's one Japanese most popular DJs. This seriously sucks...booo I want Japanese version now.

Purist
18th July 2005, 07:21 AM
The Japanese version appears to have actually gone UP in price as a result... http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=304&products_id=6482& now want £34.00+ for it!!! and www.play-asia.com won't even ship games to the UK anymore... my buddy is after it though... where can I now obtain this cheaply??? anyone help?

Whilst I'm on this subject... anyone know why www.play-asia.com won't now ship out psp games to the UK? :( part of the whole SONY slapping importers wrist thing?

Space Cowboy
18th July 2005, 07:25 AM
Purist: Check my thread about Sony and the treatment of Grey Importers.

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2349

They are cracking down on anyone selling to Europe :(

Dogg Thang
18th July 2005, 07:26 AM
Yep, that's exactly it - Play-Asia were asked to stop shipping to the UK.

The downloadable content so far including this Wire05 exclusive does add a lot of value to the game and I'm sure those import shops were aware that the JP version was getting their content first and so would be in demand. So it makes sense that they would push the prices up.

Readymade
18th July 2005, 10:24 AM
The download looks stunning. Burning with envy. If I get a Japanese version now, will I still be able to find the d/l?

Purist
18th July 2005, 11:29 AM
Like Egg said, it's out there so probably, but it would VERY naughty! and against the forums rules 8O

Axel
18th July 2005, 11:30 AM
That surely is a stunning track I must admit and definately reminds me of the wipeout of old. Specially that craft!!! I mean we better get a version like that over these shores man, really!

TechRep
19th July 2005, 11:33 AM
:D
I GOT IT!
It IS sweet!

Sausehuhn
19th July 2005, 12:17 PM
Congrats man!
Maybe you could make a movie of a whole lap?

ah, and welcome to the forums :)

Space Cowboy
19th July 2005, 12:20 PM
Yeah! make a movie, make us all happy :)

TechRep
19th July 2005, 12:26 PM
Congrats man!
Maybe you could make a movie of a whole lap?

ah, and welcome to the forums :)

Thank you for the "welcome"!
If I some way to make a video, I would... but, I don't.

Sausehuhn
19th July 2005, 12:32 PM
do you have a camera? It's not possible to send the signal of the screen to your Computer or something (so, it is possible, we just don't know how to it. We will see when the PS3 will be released).
That would be great :D

Purist
19th July 2005, 05:45 PM
I'll see if I can get one from my buddy 8)

Vortex
19th July 2005, 08:37 PM
This exclusive content is really cool, love the new ship, very old style wipeout.

From the looks of it though, this track (Koltiwa) will eventually be released in some sort of league without the Wire05 signs all over it, possibly Omega league???

Mobius
20th July 2005, 02:50 PM
Thats what i was thinking also...

phoenixx
20th July 2005, 06:43 PM
I WANT IT!

Rouni Kenshin#1
20th July 2005, 11:12 PM
i want too

Purist
20th July 2005, 11:25 PM
Do you guys only have the american version? - Jap version can be had for 54 bucks!

http://www.dcslinks.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1378 :D

phoenixx
21st July 2005, 07:27 AM
dumb question alert:
will I have to qualify again with the jap version or will it recognise the memory stick data?

Dogg Thang
21st July 2005, 07:30 AM
Unfortunately, you'll be starting from scratch with the JP version.

phoenixx
21st July 2005, 08:34 AM
let me guess: should there be a EURO version with exclusive download (that I had to have) I'll have to do it a 3rd time...

Axel
21st July 2005, 08:48 AM
You can bet your ass that there will be some exclusive contents for the euro market. I still hate this region exclusive thing. It would be really nice if everybody got the same so TT could be the same and tings. Thats why I can't wait for a PS3 wipeout :D

Dogg Thang
21st July 2005, 08:49 AM
Yep, I'm in the same boat. I'm not looking forward to getting all of those Vector and Venom medals again. I wish there was some sort of credit system where, if you did Flash and Rapier it would automatically give you the Vector medals and if you do Phantom it would give you the Venom medals. Something like that...

phoenixx
21st July 2005, 09:01 AM
$ONY is an evil $ machine. Addicts like me have to get all 3 versions to have all the tracks.
Yes, I could boycott this practice.
...No, I can't.

Rouni Kenshin#1
21st July 2005, 09:27 PM
as i have stated before. I will not buy two versions of a game just to get extra content. it's just stupid and this whole contry exclusive download is compeatly unfair. :evil:

infoxicated
21st July 2005, 09:50 PM
It's compeatly reasonable for someone, like me, who has been shafted on Madden content for the last three years because I don't live in an NTSC region. You'll be hard pressed to find a title that is released in all the territories that has exactly the same content, and it's not as if you're being forced to buy one copy of the game over another - it's a buyers market.

syckls
21st July 2005, 11:03 PM
Seeing as Madden and Wipeout aren't owned by the same company, I don't think that counts. Of course, now I'm too scared to start arguments.

Purist
21st July 2005, 11:18 PM
:wink: -

I can understand the anger of user's whom either refuse to or cannot afford every version (afterall this would be nearly £100 depending on were you import your games through) but think that some exclusive content is quite cool. Afterall, I imagine we'll either all get our own individual 'exclusive to our country only' content or the same content redesigned with an alternative design/promoter advertising placards/etc.

I know of a few psp examples already where region exclusive content has been added to the Yank and Euro versions and (as is the case with many a Megadrive/SNES/PlayStation2 game) it's usually the Japanese version that's gets 'shat on'!

Recent cases include...
Vampire Chronicles (extra multiplayer modes)
and
Namco museum (10 yes 10 extra games)
and apparantly...
Archer McClean's Mercury - might include a 'tilt' sensor and 30/40 more levels that just wern't available at the time of the hurried release

infoxicated
21st July 2005, 11:29 PM
Seeing as Madden and Wipeout aren't owned by the same company, I don't think that counts. Of course, now I'm too scared to start arguments.I think the point still stands regardless of whether it is Sony or EA publishing the title. You get different content for different regions, and that's life. I know I wont get online play with madden this year, I know the rosters will be three months out of date and I wont be able to download the update. I also know that I'm paying more for my functionally limited copy than the NTSC folk are paying for their all singing all dancing copy.

The difference is pretty big in that case, whereas with Wipeout Pure everyone will end up with the same content in the end. Certain tracks might be branded differently in different territories due to specific branding agreements, but, at the end of the day it's not worth fretting over because we'll all get the same game, give or take a few things, in the end.

Oh, and I think you mean "debates", not "arguments" - the former is always welcome, the later not so much. ;)

BenjaminBirdie
22nd July 2005, 01:30 AM
See that's the only fear, Fox. That we won't all get the same content in the end. Madden has a robust enough create-a-player mode that even if your rosters are out of date (like my poor hobbled pre-Starbury Knicks were in NBA Live a few years back) you would conceivably be able to replicate them with a little bit of work. There's no way we'd be able to replicate, say the Wire05 track with a little bit of time put in. Honestly, if it's just a case of a little tweaking of billboards or scenery or what-not, hey, I can wait. I have no problem with that. But like most people here, I'd like to play every track within my means to play. Most people here basically spent $300 bucks for a Wipeout game because, mostly, there were a dozen new tracks to race on. For the Wipeout fan, that's what it's all about. New tracks, new challenges, etcetera.

I really don't mind waiting if everyone is going to end up with the same blueprints with a different paintjob, but if I get gypped out of even one curve, well, I'll feel gypped.

As far as no online play for Madden in the UK, well, that seriously blows. That is weaksauce.

If the prices go down someday, I may end up getting all the versions. I know I would've gotten Wip3out SE if I could've. Perhaps that's where a lot of the frustration comes from. Most of us watched Wip3out SE get released, dreamed of playing old tracks with the new style and never reached that promised land. So we're a little trigger happy. At least I am.

Rouni Kenshin#1
22nd July 2005, 02:12 AM
@Foxy

I understand that it is done for profit. I'm saying that all it would take is a quick translation and slap it on the other web sites it soundes like there they are trying to do somthing like sell me an extra psp battery for another $250. I think that it is time to stop this kind of cheap marcketing ploy.

Dogg Thang
22nd July 2005, 07:56 AM
Rouni, given the efforts Sony are going to to stop imports, I don't think getting you to buy more than one copy of Pure is part of their plan. The releases, and exclusive content, are all handled by the local divisions. Sales outside their regions are not part of some ploy.

lunar
22nd July 2005, 02:06 PM
As far as no online play for Madden in the UK, well, that seriously blows. That is weaksauce.

I know everyone hasn`t got a PSP - but that seems to me the format for UK owners to play their Madden on this year. Even in Euroland we can just buy the US version and go online with it using our Japanese, Euro or US PSPs, in infrastructure mode or ad hoc via X-Link, can`t we?
You`ll be able to sync your PSP and PS2 versions this year, so you can take your franchise on the road and then reload it to the PS2 later. It would be interesting to know if the online enabled US PSP version can sync with the UK/Euro PS2 version, or not. I guess that`s unlikely, though it would be sweet. Otherwise the most hardcore players could end up buying US and Euro PSP versions and the Euro PS2 version to have every online and sync option available - quite a bill that and a bit steep for me.

There may be a fair amount of region exclusive content on the PSP but at least you only have to get a new game to access it, not a whole new system or a modchip as has been the case with previous consoles. Things are generally getting better.

Rouni Kenshin#1
22nd July 2005, 10:04 PM
i'm been thinking about buying madden for my psp next.
8)
what do you think?

lunar
23rd July 2005, 01:32 AM
it looks beautiful. there are some videos on ign. after I get euro-pure I`ll be saving up for that - I can`t resist getting thrashed online.

Troopa3k
26th July 2005, 10:35 AM
Just reading about this new content, and it seems that one of the reasons it is exclusive is because (as Egg says):

I'd imagine there would be license issues with the Wire05 branding, meaning it couldn't be used in other territories.

However, as Purist pointed out:

it does appear (to me anyway!) to be the same track used for the EDGE mag and that SAKU show.

So perhaps we will all get the track and craft to download eventually, but it will be rebranded for each teritory. In this way, it is not so much the content that is exclusive, but the branding. We will all get the same track to fly on and craft to pilot, but we get it in a way relevant to us - to me, for example, being from the UK, I would prefer the track branded by Edge magazine, than by WIRE05, as it has more relevance to me.

I hope this is the way that the 'exclusive content' is going to be handled, as it means no-one misses out because they have a version of the game from a certain region, but we all get content that we can claim is exclusive (due to the different branding).

Egg
26th July 2005, 11:34 AM
Some new shots to be found here (http://ntsc-uk.domino.org/showthread.php?t=38041&page=28&pp=10), including a different angle of the ship.

phoenixx
26th July 2005, 11:39 AM
Thanks for that... reminds me on 2097... great

eLhabib
26th July 2005, 11:53 AM
WOOT! this ship looks even more awesome from the side!

Also definitely worth pointing out is the avatar of the guy BELOW the picture post :D :donut

Mobius
27th July 2005, 02:54 PM
I thought I recognised the ship.

The NX1000
http://www.odgie.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/dump/nx1000.gif

The Wire 05
http://www.odgie.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/dump/wire_4.jpg

Anyone else see what I mean?

edited by Lance: IMG tags removed.
from the WipeoutZone guidelines:
Don't post large images - post a link to them instead so that folk on a slow connection can at least choose to view them or not. ''Large image'' is defined as anything over 50Kilobytes. Do not post a series of small images if the total size of all images is more than 50 Kilobytes.

these totalled 62 kilobytes. guideline exceeded by 24 percent. ;)

Edit by Mobius: Didn't know it included a series of images also! :)

Hellfire_WZ
27th July 2005, 03:00 PM
Well I'll be... 8O

eLhabib
27th July 2005, 03:19 PM
HOLY SH*T! I think you're right! 8O

makes sense, too. Since the japanese people aren't that much into wipEout, they most likely don't know what the NX1000 is, anyway. So the just used it as a blank ship for custom branding over there. I'm guessing that this will indeed be released as the NX1000 in the US/Europe!

can anyone of the devs confirm this? Colin maybe?

Sven
27th July 2005, 04:04 PM
NX1000? Was that like an old school prototype ship or something?

Hellfire_WZ
27th July 2005, 04:09 PM
It was THE prototype ship, the one Belmondo made the first AG flight in.

Sven
27th July 2005, 04:13 PM
Ah, I see. I'm not so knowlegable of my Wipeout history, I just play the games :lol:

Drakkenmensch
27th July 2005, 04:31 PM
Just as long as the WIRE05 ship steers better, runs faster and has better shields than the NX1000, we'll be just fine ;)

"Ready... GO!!!"

*seven ships blast off the starting grid in a thunderous blast that leaves all windows shaking in a two mile radius*

*the WIRE05 starts moving forward slowly, painfully chugging forward like a Stephenson steam engine tryin gto catch up to japanese high speed trains and finally reaches the first turn of the track*

"Turn left... left... LEEEEEEEEFT!!!"

*scratches the railguard with its wings and bursts into a blazing fireball*

Sausehuhn
27th July 2005, 05:29 PM
did I read that before? :roll:
*goes to the evolution engine forums...*

Drakkenmensch
27th July 2005, 05:36 PM
What? Are you saying I'm somehow repeating myself? 8O

Well, hum, you see, err... hey, LOOK OVER THERE!

*runs away*
*sound of car screeching away*
*sound of plane taking off*

Sausehuhn
27th July 2005, 05:49 PM
huh?
*turnes his head to the left*
but?! Hey!
*turnes his head to the right*
there's nothi-

where is he gone to?!

:dizzy

Mobius
27th July 2005, 05:53 PM
He made like a plasma and bolted... :wink:

He'll be back though. :)

Sven
28th July 2005, 03:17 PM
He made like a plasma and bolted... :wink: ROFL!!

Mobius
28th July 2005, 04:27 PM
Cheers sven, I thought I had killed the topic there! :)

Purist
3rd August 2005, 09:38 AM
i'm been thinking about buying madden for my psp next.
8)
what do you think?

Madden Soundtrack
Know it's a little off topic but... http://www.gamespy.com/playstation-2/madden-nfl-2006/638419p1.html

Maybe it could be the same for the psp version?

infoxicated
3rd August 2005, 11:13 AM
It would be good if they had that on PSP, but I doubt it - they wont be able to spin the umd for the entire time you're in the front end - especially with the way EA do their menus, all animated and glitzy. You actually really have to dig quite hard for madden psp info even on the EA site - methinks it's not coming out until Xmas.

Sven
3rd August 2005, 02:05 PM
Yet another EA soundtrack that doesn't interest me...

infoxicated
3rd August 2005, 02:09 PM
There aren't any on there that grab me either, but occasionally there's a song in there that I end up liking when I hear it. Couple of years back they had Good Charlotte on the soundtrack when they were completely unheard of and it was good exposure for them, so sometimes it's good to be thrown a bunch of songs I generally wouldn't hear. Either way, I'm going to buy the game.

Shem
3rd August 2005, 03:31 PM
going back to the Nx 1000 issue.

I wonder why in the pic the nx1000 is flying over dirt, since it was said in the manual that it flew over a special designed track. The second thing is that its engines give a purple trail, just like in wo2097 (or w3o to be precise, because the trails in this game had different trail colours for the first time). Pure nonsense, since it should have had jet engines, just like W'O" crafts. I just noticed that, not like i'm being picky, but i think we should stick to the facts, right?

As for the similarities, it looks very similar, and I agree with that 99% (leaving 1% if it shows that it's not nx1000, hehe)

eLhabib
3rd August 2005, 03:34 PM
I always thought the nx1000's first test run was somewhere in the desert, like nevada, where pretty much everything that moves fast is tested...

as for the engines, they are not jet engines, they are cold fusion turbines, as far as I know...

Dogg Thang
3rd August 2005, 03:49 PM
Stick to facts, Shem? You do know that WO is not based on a true story, don't you?

Besides, it's one image. It may still have been tested on a track. That doesn't mean it was built and dismantled on that track - it may well have gone elsewhere. Also, I'm not sure how you can be so certain what type of engines are what. Are you basing what you percieve as facts from the low-polygon graphics of WO1?

Now that we're at it - how does the FX300 stay in business when the only people who advertise on the tracks are the companies that make the ships? Where are the Space Walk ads?

Except of course in this Koltiwa track where they went for a total retro (in Pure timeline) Wire05 tribute...

Shem
3rd August 2005, 04:38 PM
Not based on a true story?? NO!!! :wink:

But seriously tho, i DO think that wipeout game is based on a story that's been presented in W'O" manual, and W'O" itself. I do think that's there's nothing wrong in showing that picture illustrating the history of wipeout has elements that are not exactly correct with the story. Of course if it was just a lose picture, there'd be nothing wrong in this, but i saw this one, and i'm sure you did too, in the official WO Pure's website, in the 'history' section. As for the engine, I do assume the things I see as a fact, i'm not trying to guess the intentions of the designers, if I see something that looks like a jet engine blast and a jet engine thrust trail (W'O" intro), and if i see the same in the game, then it must be a jet engine. There's nothing wrong about that, just as you can assume that Mario's wearing a mustache and it doesn't bother you that's it's made of square pixels. ****, so it turns out that i'm being picky after all.

Lion
3rd August 2005, 07:13 PM
how does the FX300 stay in business when the only people who advertise on the tracks are the companies that make the ships? Where are the Space Walk ads?I keep encountering ads for ubermall, though if you don't pay much attention they appear at a glance to be qirex ads

Sumimasen
3rd August 2005, 07:18 PM
Somebody at SL should (just for a laugh) put in Krazy Ivan and Assault Rigs billboards in really hard to reach areas of on of the tracks. That would be kinda retro-cool.

...before you say it, I know - copyright issues etc. yadda yadda... :oops:

Just ordered my copy of WipEout Pure JP, so hopefully, I will one day be able to sample the delights of the Wire05 download... :wink:

Lance
3rd August 2005, 09:04 PM
what is a ''cold-fusion turbine''? how does it work?

element42
17th September 2005, 05:30 PM
has anyone noticed a funny shadow on the WIRE05 craft? I've only seen it when I've raced against it on the classic tracks, and then you have to be really close - it looks like it has an aerial sticking out of it from the back that isn't actually on the ship.

Dogg Thang
18th September 2005, 09:17 AM
Yeah, there seems to be a strange extra part to the shadow. Maybe it's the secret of AG Racing revealed - we're not supposed to see the strings attached.

Egg
18th September 2005, 09:30 AM
:oops:

Think I know what that is.

( Starts to empty his desk )

:?

element42
18th September 2005, 11:16 AM
we promise not to tell sony... what's going on?