PDA

View Full Version : Anyone any good at textures?

iprice
11th June 2005, 01:25 PM
Hi,

I am writing a wipeout clone. I have modelled some ships SIMILAR to wipeout ships but yes die-hard fans will say how different they are.....

I need some textures for them, if anyone is any good at art please give me a call.

Once I've figured out how to put images here, I'll show you the plain untextured models.

Anyone got any 3d modelled tracks they want to share - also let me know.....

cheers[/img]

Lance
11th June 2005, 01:47 PM
before posting images, please read the current version of the WipeoutZone guidelines :)

Zero [RG] [HG]
12th June 2005, 04:30 AM
Place the image you want to use on a site, then right click that and click properties, copy the url (ctrl+c while highlighted), then go here, place the first image tag, then paste the url (ctrl+v no highlight needed) then place the last image tag.

Lance
12th June 2005, 06:37 AM
that would show the image directly in a post, however, there is a limit on image size in the WipeoutZone forums: 50 kiloBytes total size for a series of images or for a single image. if that limit is exceeded, the post will be deleted. use a link for anything that exceeds that 50 kb limit; do not use the IMG tags

iprice
12th June 2005, 10:02 AM
OK...

http://www.geckogames.co.uk/image001.jpg

I know they are different to wipeout but I wanted to make the ship similar but not identical...

aesop
12th June 2005, 02:41 PM
Why anyone would want to model a craft showing any likeness to the Wipeout Fusion Van-Uber, is beyond me.

Lance
12th June 2005, 02:59 PM
it's a matter of personal taste, some people like it. from an engineering standpoint, the design is very logical and looks like it would really function. this of course leaves out any consideration of the weak shields it has in the actual game. but it looks right to some of us. i'd prefer different colours, though

iprice
12th June 2005, 03:35 PM
I am a software engineer... I am trying to make a clone. I can do a bit with Lightwave, a bit with C but textures are not my strong point.... any help would be appreciated...

Zero [RG] [HG]
13th June 2005, 12:52 AM
Is the first one a Xios look alike?

eLhabib
13th June 2005, 12:06 PM
looks more like it's based on EG.r to me...

Zero [RG] [HG]
14th June 2005, 04:24 AM
I was guessing because the first one looked like a potato. :\

Sumimasen
22nd June 2005, 09:45 PM
Following on from our PM's I just thought I'd let you know that I've got a couple of early models if you want to have a look. If you could PM me your email, I'll send over either the LW files, or just JPGs for you to have a look at.

Haven't started on textures as yet (been cracking on with my other projects too), but due to the low polycount of the models, and the lack of sub-division, this shouldn't take too long, once I've designed the livery.

With regards to the ship designs, I've sorta crossed your standard WO style craft with Star Wars pod racers and a few other things. Hope you like them.

Cheers,

Sumi 8)

iprice
25th June 2005, 06:17 PM
I have updated my low-poly count models...

http://www.geckogames.co.uk/image001.jpg

yes I know they are no where as good as the ones Sumimasen is working on but I still need some help with textures. They are MD2 models.

Sausehuhn
25th June 2005, 06:19 PM
I like the blue one in the background. A really cool Feisar (?) !! :)

Sumimasen
25th June 2005, 10:25 PM
Sorry mate, the models I did are on my Mac at work, and won't be able to get them until Monday... :oops:

I'll get them to you as soon as I can (Mon evening more than likely).

Sorry!

Sumimasen :oops: