PDA

View Full Version : how did you find this place?

Lion
23rd May 2005, 07:20 AM
there's been a lot of new signups lately... it seems to often be by being directed here by someone else, but what led each of you here? I poked around but couldn't find another thread on this...

for myself it was trying to find a cure for the speed problems in wipeout 2097 for windows, and that's now paid off as the solution is on here now (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2060) :)

what about you?

Dimension
23rd May 2005, 11:36 AM
Funnily enough, looking through my "back catalogue" :wink: I see my first post was where I lent my support to the creation of a new wipeout (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=12621&highlight=#12621). So I guess in a way my registry has to do with the new members around here... though I was kind of a year and blah* months premature :roll:

*i'm tired and can't be arsed figuring through the complexities of just what date to judge that against

yawnstretch
23rd May 2005, 12:03 PM
I was a lurker for a while - I think I probably found this place through the Fusion website or something...

I started posting when word of wipeout pure began to float around and my first post was the news that wipeout pure was going to have downloadable tracks!

eLhabib
23rd May 2005, 12:30 PM
If I remember correctly, I came here for the first time in 2003, moaning about fusion and hoping to find someone else who was really disappointed with it ;)

but since purE has been announced, I'm here almost every day.

defor
23rd May 2005, 01:34 PM
I just joined, actually, in all my searches in years past, never once finding this site, mainly out of looking for information about wipeout models and art.

I still believe in the superiority of w3o over the rest of the series in terms of a single, cohesive game, which, emulated in opengl is beautiful (too bad the ps2 can't do this to ps1 games), although I am currently engrossed in Pure, finishing out TT.

What a change after the disappointment that was Fusion (nice look, but slow framerates, and track collision detection issues made gameplay frustrating, and I never did like superweapons)

jasperlife
23rd May 2005, 02:38 PM
having downloded the new track for PSP...and wanna see who has unblocked all tracks with all gold medals...

did a search on goodle ...then find the great place here....

eLhabib
23rd May 2005, 03:50 PM
...and wanna see who has unblocked all tracks with all gold medals...

hey, so basically you found.... ME! :D :roll:

yawnstretch
23rd May 2005, 04:16 PM
Luckily his disgust at finding you was forgotten by his discovery of wonderful forum-dwellers such as myself.

:D

Shem
23rd May 2005, 05:20 PM
Sure there was a thread on this before, you just need to look around more. Anyway, i've been here since *points left on the date of joining WZ below his avatar*, and i found this site simply by making use of *types in 'Google.com' in url address*.

Hellfire_WZ
23rd May 2005, 05:27 PM
There was. Mind you, Stevie's topic title didn't make it too obvious. :wink:

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1692

Flyer XL
23rd May 2005, 05:49 PM
I've known about wipeoutzone.com for a couple years now, I simply didn't have any reason to sign up. I found it while doing a search for (what else?) Wipeout. But the other day I saw someone having trouble getting the CD audio working in ePSXe and I had similar problem and found a solution. Unfortunately, I didn't notice how old the thread was until after I posted. Ah well, maybe someone else will find the information useful. :)

On a side note, I'm surprised there isn't more fan art here and a database of the ships and tracks from the various games. And why aren't there Records for WO1 and WO64?

infoxicated
23rd May 2005, 07:27 PM
As far as Wipeout / Wipeout 64 goes, it's amount of interest vs effort required on my part. There's simply very little interest in '64, and as the original was before my time (in a Wipeout sense) I've never been motivated to create a records table structure for those games.

Chill
23rd May 2005, 10:36 PM
[comment on hellfire]^^^ :lol: :lol: ^^^, no, that's real obvious, "Wipeout..." LOL[/comment on hellfire]

Me too, just used the googler after years on using dogpile, and found it after centuries of looking for Wipeout stuff. :P

yawnstretch
24th May 2005, 02:12 PM
On a side note, I'm surprised there isn't more fan art here and a database of the ships and tracks from the various games.

I posted up some 'fan art' in the models thread the other day. Nothing incredible - maybe everyone here plays wipEout in their recreation time ;)

mclarensmps
25th May 2005, 05:10 AM
heheh i was looking for harimau fonts LOL... i know its kinda stupid, and i ended up clicking this site because was just curious even though i knew i wasnt going to find fonts here. lol sillly old me, but i dont regret it one bit :D

aesop
31st May 2005, 11:51 AM
Once I heard there was a Wipeout set for PSP, I did a search on Webferret and found this joint. Lurked for a good while, then decided to sign up yesturday. I also wanted to get into The Arena so I could compare some lap times for Wipeout Pure.

Manic
31st May 2005, 12:09 PM
I was having a nice time looking at the Pure official site and I wanted to get a hold of some pics to get some inspiration for some artwork. Then this place turned up.

Zero [RG] [HG]
31st May 2005, 10:41 PM
After years and years searching for Wipeout sites and forums, and what else? ...fan art, I had found this site. Still here and loving it.

Randal
7th June 2005, 01:17 PM
I found the site using google, I was looking for wipeout rankings and came across this site.

There anymore sites with Wipeout rankings?

Rapier Racer
7th June 2005, 02:03 PM
*Gasp* wheres the loyalty! :wink:

Animagic
7th June 2005, 07:04 PM
my first post (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=15732&highlight=#15732) says that I found the site through the fusion credits.

I remember wanting a wipeout community seeing as every system I've owned since
the original playstation was purchased because Wipeout was on it or was coming out on it.

hey, it's the reason I bought a PSP as well !

I wish my lap times were good enough to post :(

Randal
7th June 2005, 07:08 PM
*Gasp* wheres the loyalty! :wink:

LOL

I wan't meaning it by that, I was just kind expecting the rankings to have more players.

The site design is very cool.

myima-tsarong
9th June 2005, 11:00 AM
I googled it !!
I think i was looking for a model of the pirahna, but could not find one !!!

Tokai
9th June 2005, 06:36 PM
I've discovered this place thanks to UncleZeiv so I think he should say how he found it :D Probabily he was looking for WO info. We met thanks to WO3 and our WO passion 5 years ago (in a videogame shop).
The nice thing is that when I've discovered WOZ and the record tables, I've improved my times really a lot ;)

and I think I've found interesting people and new friends ;) Thanks Fox! :)

phoenixx
16th June 2005, 07:23 AM
I found the wipeoutZone by google while I was looking for a way to get my psp - I'm an inhabitant of this old, non-existing continent.

flying_saucer
28th June 2005, 11:15 AM
i searched on google for the f500 ang ular font and came to this site XD