PDA

View Full Version : Revolution Nintendo revealed

Tokai
17th May 2005, 04:56 PM
http://media.cube.ign.com/articles/615/615030/imgs_1.html

now we can see also Nintendo nexgen....Sencerelly from what I've seen...the design is the best of the 3! :)

Enjoy!

Dimension
17th May 2005, 05:24 PM
Wuargh! That's a Nintendo!? 8O What the frick happened to bright colours and tacky plastic fantastic looks? :blarg I guess it is a revolution for them after all :)

Mobius
17th May 2005, 05:34 PM
"The audience were not too sure that the disc firing security feature was the smartest move by nintendo..."

:P Sorry, couldnt resist!

Lance
17th May 2005, 06:17 PM
woah! now thAt looks futuristic. a smooth almost translucent-effect slab. i like

Space Cowboy
17th May 2005, 06:39 PM
Yeah somekind of wierd slab of power :D Not very Nintendo at all.... this could be interesting. It would be so funny if they announced the specs and it blew the PS3 and XB360 out of the water.. hehehe... not likely, but you never know :wink:

def
17th May 2005, 08:01 PM
i must say i am suprised, i never thought i would see a nintendo system that looked so much like the monolith from 2001. looks good.

infoxicated
17th May 2005, 09:08 PM
It would be so funny if they announced the specs and it blew the PS3 and XB360 out of the water.. hehehe... not likely, but you never know :wink:
I think they've said somewhere it's three times more powerful than the game cube, which is fine for the type of game they want to create, allegedly.

I can sympathise with that - they didn't have the resources to go toe to toe with Sony and M$. Kind of makes me wonder why they called in the Revolution, though - the '360 and the PS3 - they are revolutions for gaming - the Nintendo slab is more like an evolution.

Lance
17th May 2005, 09:25 PM
evolution can be good. three times as strong as a game cube is a very much more powerful machine than we are used to. it will be interesting to see how the price compares to the x2 and p3. playing standard cheap DVDs may very well help it in the marketplace. as always though, the games are the thing. i don't care whether the machine is the strongest or the weakest as long as it has the great games. all of these machines are much stronger than a PSP, but look how good it is, and what great fun it is. neither Nintendo nor Microsoft have ever offered me as many games i liked as Sony and Sega have, but if the 'weak' Revolution had the games, it's the machine i would want

Axel
18th May 2005, 12:10 AM
Good point Lance, this generation will definately come down to the games. I mean the Xbox360 might as well be called xbox 1.5. I hardly see THAt much difference in the graphics department. I know i'll end of up with all three, but it depends which one i'll get first. But I am seriously liking this New Nintendo image they are dishing out.

Chill
18th May 2005, 04:37 AM
Ya, me too. Though I think that the PS2 converted our sense of style a bit. If this would've came out after the PS1 (style wise), I would of probably thought (a square, how boring!!!), but now I don't really give that much attention to the design when it's on the screen anyway, and black and square is perfect for hiding the machine away under the TV, so that it doesn't distract much attention. Something Sony has droped by the looks at it. And 3 times better?!!! Wow, that's pretty good info Lance, considering the Gamecube was already heavy in good graphics (loved the redone Resident Evil)!!! On your speculation, how would you rate the Xbox or PS3 from their past generation consoles? :wink:

Manic
18th May 2005, 06:32 AM
Hopefully this will also cause Sony to either speed up the production or to offer us something "extra" for waiting for their machine (apart from the fact that Wipeout is only released to the PS-series), since this is looking like a friggin' arms race.

Lion
18th May 2005, 09:24 AM
On your speculation, how would you rate the Xbox or PS3 from their past generation consoles? :wink: isn't one of them saying approximately 35 times the power of their previous generation?

Chill
18th May 2005, 03:20 PM
WOWZERS!!! 8O I didn't know that we were that far, that is, if your correct. :wink: Man, i think game designing is going to become more of a job than fun, because of all the work they'll have to do to fill in the PS3's total output. I still can't believe the next generation of gaming consoles is already their for us to look at!! At best design, the Nintendo definately catches my attention. But before I buy any of these consoles, I've got to get the PSP and beat Pure first. :roll:

science
18th May 2005, 06:45 PM
I'm really quite surprised that Nintendo is hanging in there for another round of home consoles. They seem to do quite well with the handhelds, but I thought that there was a good chance they would go the way of Sega after the Gamecube. That didn't seem to be a bad route either. The only way I see this new console as being even marginally successful is if they continue to market to a younger audience or as a "second console" for 360 and/or ps3 owners.
I, personally would very much like to be able to play their games without buying another console. Plus, think about the power they would have to work with if they produced games for the Sony and MS platforms!

Prometheus
18th May 2005, 06:52 PM
backwards compatibility promised for ALL previous consoles.. via download system!

http://www.macworld.co.uk/news/index.cfm?NewsID=11606

a set of wireless pads are standard...but a special pad is also going to be revealed...perhaps one for the old skool games... can't wait... hopefully it will be free but how many games can they cover? probably just the official Nintendo ones....wipeout 64 anyone?

Chill
18th May 2005, 11:52 PM
Umm, you posted that link twice... :wink: no offence. :) You probably meant to anyway, and I just sound like a moron. :lol:

Their's one thing I thought about though, they won't be able to play Gamecube games because of the switch to disks!! Though it's probably worth it, I'm just interested in them keeping the Gamecube in stock extra longer, and mabye even making a smaller newer cheaper version of it, or just smaller and newer. :lol: I mean, they made a smaller version of the GBA. :roll:

Lance
19th May 2005, 12:10 AM
possibly the disc drive can read both the standard size DVD and the little 3 inch ones they used on the GameCube

Thruster2097
19th May 2005, 12:15 AM
I'm still a bit confused as to how they're going to get the classic games to work. Surely they aren't planning to make the whole back library for NES, SNES and N64 online and downloadable onto memory cards? That would be financial suicide!

Axel
19th May 2005, 01:08 AM
The Disk drive can read both GC disk and DVD's and they will allow you to download the games onto a hardrive of flash disk of some type. Sounds very interesting really. Nintendo could make a fortune if enough people get this console which I'm planning to do along with my PS3. I now going M$ anymore after the disappointment of Halo2. That game was just pure hype. Last time I trust IGN!

Prometheus
19th May 2005, 01:23 AM
I doubt they'll charge for the games.. that would be very unpopular... there's potential to access a huge library of great games out of the box. But that won't deter people buying the new games because the graphics would be so great, no one resist buying the new good looking games. It also means people will keep buying game cube games after E3 so there it can only get better.. but I am dying to see the new controller and the "special controller" they mentioned... argh.. cmon Nintendo!

@ Chill: Doube post the link? No I didn't...ahem :lol:

Chill
19th May 2005, 01:34 AM
Hmmm, really Prometheus?:
Last edited by Prometheus on Thu May 19, 2005 1:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Very interesting... :lol:

Ya, I guess the Nentendo would be able to play Gamecube games on it. Sorry, I was thinking they used the same block system as the Nentendo 64 and DS and all, shows how much I know. :lol:

Snapper
24th June 2005, 06:56 PM
Hm, I have a quick question. Is this supposed to be a virtual reality thing, or whats the updates on what this system is all about. Ive been to gamespot, and all the other game sites I usually go to for info, but I've yet to find info on the revolution system... :?:

eLhabib
25th June 2005, 01:29 AM
knowing quite a bit of nintendo's main aims and principles, and watching the way the mass market evolves at the moment, with xbox360 and ps3 basically 'just' being a better version of their predecessors, and nintendo not having quite the funds to to the same thing on the same high standards, I am betting MY ASS that the revolution is gonna be a VR machine. question is if it will be a GOOD vr machine, not a little niche product like the virtual boy.

Wiseman
25th June 2005, 04:21 AM
Ive been to gamespot, and all the other game sites I usually go to for info, but I've yet to find info on the revolution system... :?:http://hardware.gamespot.com/Nintendo-Revolution-15143-O-4-6