PDA

View Full Version : Is this site kosher?

Mobius
10th May 2005, 04:39 PM
I found a UK site which is selling Us psp's for £150 and japs for £160

http://www.importmadness.co.uk/cgi-bin/home

Has anyone evr bought soemthing from here? Are the the real deal?

Sausehuhn
10th May 2005, 04:46 PM
How much is that in Euros and what about shipping costs?
...hm... never heard about that. There are so many online shops that sell the PSP now... :?

Thruster2097
10th May 2005, 04:46 PM
I know I'm being superficial by actually judging the website by a few of its covers, but everything looks OK.
Just check that they dont charge £££'s for delivery!

Axel
10th May 2005, 04:48 PM
hmmm i don't know, why are they so cheap? I swear even the euro version wont be this cheap will it?

lunar
10th May 2005, 05:06 PM
these psps are shipping from Canada, so you could still be liable for import charges. 150 is about the same as Lik-Sang and Play-Asia, and they are much more reputable companies I believe, as I`ve heard some not entirely positive reports about Import Madness. Also you`re better off with a JP PSP I reckon - though that`s up to you. You can get value packs already in the UK for 199, which is a better idea than importing one for 150 IMO.

flying_saucer
10th May 2005, 05:37 PM
uhm £150 is about 150x1.5 in euros thats about.... *gets calculator*
225 euros? am i right think so ... lol bit expensive though

Thruster2097
10th May 2005, 06:17 PM
hmmm, the prices appear to be the same as n.e.other game importer, except with this one you have to pay over the odds for shipping. If I were you I would wait until the european offical launch. Only 5 weeks and £150 away...

Mobius
10th May 2005, 07:29 PM
You mean 5 months and 180 quid away?

I might just hook up with lik-sang then - at least if i go for the basic option a i can afford to be stung with tax (my least fav 3 letter word you know...)

The case i can get cheap elsewhere anyway.

Lance
10th May 2005, 07:37 PM
hmmmm.... i wonder what his mOst favourite three-letter word is

Leftism
10th May 2005, 07:38 PM
Import Madness? I swear I've heard of them before. They might've been mentioned in PSW but the website on a whole looks pretty legit. About the prices and value I couldn't tell ya.

flying_saucer
10th May 2005, 08:58 PM
u never know :roll:

Thruster2097
11th May 2005, 05:38 PM
nope. 5 weeks - as in just over a month.
My lab manager has started his own small home electronics business and he has lists from his suppliers saying that european PSP units are available for distribution from 17th june.

Mobius
11th May 2005, 07:08 PM
Heh, there me thinking it is the 1st september...

eLhabib
11th May 2005, 09:37 PM
nope. 5 weeks - as in just over a month.
My lab manager has started his own small home electronics business and he has lists from his suppliers saying that european PSP units are available for distribution from 17th june.

well, EXCUSE ME, BUT I think Sony themselves know when they will release the PSP in Europe, and they have officially stated that they will release it on September 1st.

means it's NOT gonna be June. 17th of June was gonna be the thought release date, but since the official announcement by Sony, that is old information and therefore irrelevant.

Leftism
11th May 2005, 10:07 PM
Yeah, and it was the same Sony that announced that the PSP had completely sold out within the first few hours in Japan, and then started reselling them a few hours later... and it was the same Sony that announced that the PS2 had been fully reserved and sold out in the UK, and yet the shops complained they had lots spare.

Just because Sony say something doesn't necessarily mean it's true. The distributers are probably gaining the PSP supplies well in advance to try and meet demands. When told distributed he didn't say sell. You never know, Thruster's store manager probably has a good chance of gaining an early supply and could advance sell them on the sly like what some music shops do with new albums. No need for you to become condescending eLhabib.

eLhabib
11th May 2005, 10:41 PM
I know that not everything Sony said is necessarily true, but I have never heard of a case where a console has been released BEFORE the officially announced date. Rather a lot later. And it WAS an official statement.

By the way, I didn't mean to sound cocky, I just wanted to tell him that his info was old. No offense.

Lance
11th May 2005, 10:58 PM
then you shouldn't have used so many capital letters. that sort of thing tends to make one other than ''the beloved''

eLhabib
12th May 2005, 09:09 AM
k. got your point. :shame

Thruster2097
12th May 2005, 06:23 PM
My lab manager is still quite adamant that the supliers he uses will have available stock from the 17th. Of course I'll keep you posted, but thats the story at the moment.

eLhabib
12th May 2005, 06:51 PM
problem is he won't be allowed to sell it, otherwise he would have a rather annoying lawsuit on his hands.