PDA

View Full Version : The elusive Black neGcon

skipper
20th April 2005, 03:23 AM
Hi everyone, I found this website that looks like it has the elusive Black neGcon in stock.
However as it is in another language, I have no idea of how to go about ordering one!
I sent them an email but have had no reply. If anyone can understand this, I would appreciate instructions on ordering one, thanks.

http://www.mm-vision.dk/default.asp?action=psx

(Look in controllers under the Playstation One heading)

Also while on the subject. Could someone please give me some advice on getting a neGcon controller to work with the ePSXe emulator (I'm using a Smart Joy PS-USB adapter)

Dimension
20th April 2005, 03:49 AM
Isn't ePSXe a PS emulator? If it is, you'd have to find a card for your comp with a PS controller slot in it... or open up the end and **** about with it to work with an otherwise controller slot, still... :|

I think you're right, it does seem they have Black Neggiesi in stock, if you use babelfish or something like that to translate the most important words on the payment screen(s,) you should get by alright, might be a bit irksome, but it could work. Nice find :)

skipper
20th April 2005, 04:22 AM
Thanks for the translation info, babelfish doesn't have Danish unfortunately.

Yes ePSXe is an emulator, I am using a Smart Joy PS-USB converter.
I am trying it as more of an experiment to see how good I can get it to run and look.
I also have the PC version of WO2097, and would like to play this with a neGcon.

Roger
20th April 2005, 07:18 AM
Yes, they've got neGcons in stock. The price is 150 danish crowns, about 20 euros, 26 USD - not a lot :D.

Unfortunately the minimum skipping order is 500 DKR (67 EUR, 87 USD). You'd have to buy four neGgies to spend 500 bucks. Also, postage within the EU is 250 DKK (33 EUR, 44 USD), 350 DKK (47 EUR, 61 USD) for other countries. Quite pricey :(

But hey: if you're planning on going to the Roskilde festival (http://www.roskilde-festival.dk/) this summer, do pay MM-Vision's shop a visit; their address is Hersegade 24 in Roskilde, see? :wink: A great chance to catch acts like Carl Cox, Armand van Helden and Röyksopp, as well as one very special controller 8)

Hellfire_WZ
20th April 2005, 07:24 AM
Have you tried configuring the negCon in the controller section in the emulator? If you can't get it to recognise it you may have to calibrate it first in the gamepad control panel in the system. I'd imagine it's essentially an analogue controller, so you'll need to configure it as one in the emulator (press F5 ingame to switch between digital and analogue).

zargz
20th April 2005, 08:32 AM
skipper: don't you have a PlayStation or PS2? it's the best way to play wo, imo.
and welcome to the woz! 8)

mid
20th April 2005, 08:48 AM
Could someone please give me some advice on getting a neGcon controller to work with the ePSXe emulator (I'm using a Smart Joy PS-USB adapter)

I've not specifically tried the SmartJoy adaptor, but my MagicBox (which works on the same PS to UBS conversion principle, except it also takes Saturn and Dreamcast connectors) struggles to understand anything that doesn't act like a standard PS controller, DualShock or DualShock 2. Even arcade sticks are hit-and-miss, so I don't think your luck is in with a Neg, sorry.

lunar
20th April 2005, 09:41 AM
skipper, on the front page of the site there`s a drop down menu saying "country." this translates a lot of it, though not all.

I`m not sure if there`s any advantage to a black neg over a white one, except they`re slightly smaller and look cooler. White ones have a serious advantage in $ terms.

skipper
20th April 2005, 09:47 AM
Thanks eveyone for the feedback.
Especially Roger for the translation. The minimum order and expensive postage put it out of my reach. Hope someone from the forum is able to take advantage, good luck.
My hope now lays with a friend who is going to Japan.
Zargz, I do have a Playstation, and am currently polishing up my skills, with the aim to get onto the tables.
The PC stuff is just for experiments sake.

lovedr
28th April 2005, 07:01 PM
i would like to buy black negcon too and am in eu.

how many people are after a copy also?

i am happy to order a few copies if ppl definately interested and will pay.

ta,

rich