PDA

View Full Version : It's been a while...

Confusion
9th April 2005, 08:36 AM
Indeed it's been a bloody long while since I've posted on these here forums...

But I recently bagged myself a brand new Neg Con off eBay (yes brand new boxed), and with the advent of PSP and Wipeout Pure I think I'll be posting a bit more :P

Wipeout Pure... looks a bit tasty. I can see my Student Loan being spent on that somehow. :lol:

Sausehuhn
9th April 2005, 10:18 AM
welcome back.
It's sad to see some old postings of members that aren't active anymore. And it's so much better to see that there're persons who come back. :D

Bob Todd
9th April 2005, 03:26 PM
I keep meaning to find a NegCon but never getting round to it. I hope I can get one before they start going for silly money.

Confusion
9th April 2005, 04:42 PM
I picked mine up for £10... was the only bidder suprisingly. I wasn't even actively looking for the thing. I needed to buy a T6 screwdriver and had a quick look for NegCon's (every other time i searched for one none were up) and I see this badboy (it literally is a brand new NegCon).

Had a quick go on Fusion this morning when i got the pad. Hot damn, looks like I'm a have to learn how to play wipeout all over again xD I'll have to dig up the other wipeout's from the looks of things.

Just wondering... any of you NegCon users out there; am I meant to set it so it's more sensative than i want during calibration or am I meant to set it so I it turns more than i want?

Rapier Racer
9th April 2005, 05:41 PM
You got the NeGcon to work on Fusion? how! the game went mad when I tried to use mine

Hellfire_WZ
9th April 2005, 07:00 PM
Hey, nice to see you back. Looks like I'm not the only one putting their loan to good use! :wink:

Confusion
9th April 2005, 07:08 PM
Im gonna wait for Euro release of PSP and Pure I think.

Dug up WO3SE and 2097 and had a quick go. Getting used to the pad a little now. I can see how you lot had a distinct advantage with the negcon. Its so nice being able to hold a turn without having to constantly adjust with airbrakes :P

Tad uncomfortable mind you.

jospicy
9th April 2005, 10:26 PM
is this the place to brag that i got my neggy for 50p brand new plus posting costs :P (5x what i pay for the controller :x )

Wamdue
11th April 2005, 09:34 AM
Welcome back confusion. Im afraid I already spent my loan on an import. If its any comfort, it was worth it :D

lunar
12th April 2005, 12:47 AM
confusion: I think that setting up your neg on 2097/3 is more a matter of trial and error than getting it right first time on the calibration screen. In general you`ll need a lower twist than you would think from the setup screen, but the only way to do it is to set a twist value, then play the game, then return to the setup screen to change the setting if you think you can improve it. In 2097 you need no more than 5 as max lock. I use 32 on wipeout 3, which I don`t play much, but its probably necessary to have a lower setting at high speed classes. With a new negcon you shouldn`t need anything other than 0 for steering centre and 0 deadzone.

God knows how you set up a negcon on Fusion, as there are no numerical twist values to refer to. I suppose its possible to do, but its on the other games, where pitch control matters, that you really feel the beauty of a negcon. Also on Fusion the neg d-pad has other functions attached to it which can screw you up at innoportune moments. The words "Pig" and "Ear" come to mind when I think of how negcon use was implemented in Fusion.

Confusion
14th April 2005, 01:28 AM
Well I've set up my NegCon now for both 2097 and W'O3 SE.

105 in 2097 seems to work for me and 95 in W'O3 SE. It just clicked after a bit and It's just so much easier to race around. Too easy perhaps. If you mess up your racing line you can effortlessly correct yourself.

If only you could plug a negcon into a PSP... :P

Chill
14th April 2005, 01:51 AM
If the neGcon is that easy to use, I would throw it away altogether!! I like competition, and things that make it feel to much like a video game aren't me. I like it very much like a reality: real competition, takes skill to control crafts, I just wouldn't get the same rush if it were that easy, period. I (mabye) think they should throw away the neGcon altogether if it makes games cheaper than they are. Of course, this is only my opinion. :wink:

Mano
14th April 2005, 02:01 AM
Kid, you´re way WAY off :lol:

..seriously, give it a try (NeGcon), and take Lance advice on thinking things a bit more...thats one of the most rushed comments i have read

Chill
14th April 2005, 04:50 AM
Ahem... I certainly like your lowering level comment: Kid. But don't worry about it... :P , I guess I'll get that a lot along through the first part of my life. :wink: But I said this was only my opinion, so you don't have to worry about it. Now, of course, my opinion has changed, and I'll probably get it, thanx to you. :D Now I have more to look forward to. :roll:

lunar
14th April 2005, 08:12 AM
the negcon hardly makes things too easy.... it just gets rid of some old difficulties and thereby presents some new ones. It becomes less of a game of not hitting the walls, and more a game of trying to maintain top speed - which is all :rock_on It also liberates your pitch control. Unless you`re a very special pilot, you can`t release the full potential of wipeout 2097 without a negcon.

I also wish you could plug it into a PSP for Pure. Maybe..... maybe Sony would consider designing a new twist controller of their own for Wipeout on the PS3, or namco could produce a next-gen neg. Then we could have pitch control for all. That`s my dream anyway. :guitarist

anyway, confusion, I`m glad you like it - now watch your records fall. :D

Confusion
14th April 2005, 11:56 AM
Having not played Wipeout 3 in such a long time I accidentally saved the game default data over all my previously completed data. Goddamn it. Ah well, I have an excuse to play it all over again :lol:

Mano
14th April 2005, 08:04 PM
Ahem... I certainly like your lowering level comment: Kid.

Cmon i wasnt trying to lower you, just that you dont process things enough and you shoot out comments a lot, just that, now the world isnt going to end because of that, but if someone tells you and you try to give things a wee bit more time maybe you will find better things inside your own mind, so in the end this is all for your own good... i know how i sound right now, but believe me, it helps.

i meant kid more in the way that you lacked the experience to comment about the negcon, as a matter of fact you havent even played with it, but its good that you decided to get one, chances are you will really enjoy it! ;)

Dimension
14th April 2005, 09:18 PM
Heheh, Mano, i'm starting to think you should be given a special title in honour of your every post informing us all how great neggies are LOL. I bet Namco would have loved to have you on their side when they were still manufacturing the things :lol: