PDA

View Full Version : Formula 1 Istanbul Grand Prix

gallipoli
8th April 2005, 10:51 PM
Hey Guys,
I work as an intern at MSO (Motor Sports Organization) in Istanbul Turkey which is responsible for organizing the Formula 1 Turkish Grand Prix. I would gladly answer any questions about the race here :D

eLhabib
8th April 2005, 10:56 PM
hmmm, Formula 1 seems kinda boring when you're a wipEout fanboy like me... :D

but apart from that, Formula 1 has really lost its attractiveness in the last couple of years. There's no soul to it anymore... shame really.

Dimension
8th April 2005, 11:13 PM
damn, that's a cool job, some time yet until that grand prix though, isn't there? What will you be doing in relation to organising and stuff? :D

Seek100
9th April 2005, 12:08 AM
There's no soul to it anymore...

Might be related to the fact that that demonic midget Bernie Ecclestone owns the whole damn thing. :evil: In a way reading the stuff on the purE site about the history of the F9000 league and how the corrupt companies took over and the whole thing eventually collapsed; reminds me of how F1 is headed now. As I understand it several major teams want to start up their own independent league with no guy at the top getting 90% of the money and driving the costs up.

I didn't know there was a Turkish GP yet, hmm, should be interesting.

Lance
9th April 2005, 01:00 AM
is the Turkish GP going to be run on city streets or a special course built for the event? [or other possibility ;) ]

gallipoli
9th April 2005, 09:43 AM
damn, that's a cool job, some time yet until that grand prix though, isn't there? What will you be doing in relation to organising and stuff? :D

You bet, I keep entering volunteer data all day. Nevertheless its cool because I can see the whole organization process. I will probably become the head of volunteers during the race, 19-20-21 August 2005.

is the Turkish GP going to be run on city streets or a special course built for the event? [or other possibility ].

Well I wish they could the city streets stuff but they had to build a brand new course for the races. We never had such a course before and they will have the DTM,GT World Championship and GP World Tour races there. for additional info check http://www.msoistanbul.com You should find the english button somewhere.

Lance
9th April 2005, 02:06 PM
so a new racetrack has been added to the world; i hope it's a great one. thanks for the info and the link. :)