PDA

View Full Version : Happy St Patricks Day 2005!

yawnstretch
17th March 2005, 11:29 AM
To the brothers!

Space Cowboy
17th March 2005, 11:34 AM
And to you too! :) Im off down the pub soon to celebrate St. Paddy's day in true tradition.

infoxicated
17th March 2005, 12:02 PM
Lucky - I'm off down the dentist in an hour or so. :lol:

cool lover
17th March 2005, 02:35 PM
Happy St Patricks Day from all here in the stin house hold
cool lover 8)

infoxicated
17th March 2005, 03:04 PM
Well, the dentist was so much fun that I've treated myself a bottle of Chateaux Le Cheapo from the off license on the way home, so I guess I'll be celebrating st Patricks day with wine instead of that black stuff.

I don't get it, actually - how come nobody goes to the pub and gets drunk on whiskey on St Andrews day? Or... or... goes out and kills dragons on St Georges day? Huh?

Doesn't make any sense - I could see the point if drinking guinness made every chick look like The Corrs, but it ****ing doesn't - it just makes you feel like you've been dining on cement and unlikely to be able to sit down comfortably the following day. :?

It's all just a PR scam by Guinness to get people drinking their stout - how many folk actually spend the day thinking of Ireland and its green rolling hills, as featured in Braveheart? Nobody does - they all sit around getting lashed in the name of some saint that doesn't even enter their heads 364 days a year,and going "oooh!" because the barmaid manages to dribble a shamrock onto the top of their pint.

At least, that's my experience of it... ;)

Chill
17th March 2005, 03:11 PM
Happy St. Patricks day everyone!!! I'm wearing a green shamrocks against dynasty shirt without even knowing about it until I saw this topic!!! Well, I'm mostly Irish anyways, so that's probably helping my luck out. Good day to everyone!!!! :wink:

Roger
17th March 2005, 03:36 PM
So THAT'S why I felt an urge to go out and get pissed today! My mind had forgot, but not my body :) Anyway, neither stout nor whiskey in the cupboard - a bottle of Finnish lager'll have to do... Cheers!

Lance
17th March 2005, 05:15 PM
i'm drinking hot tea and singing in the damned rain, but i'm mostly welsh

zargz
17th March 2005, 07:14 PM
hehe! for all wipErs such as me > didnt have a clue who this patrick guy was till a min ago! 8O
here! > http://wilstar.com/holidays/patrick.htm

Praeterea censeo autopilotum esse delendam