PDA

View Full Version : You wouldn't get me on it

infoxicated
14th March 2005, 03:09 PM
Stratosphere (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&ncid=1778&e=1&u=/050311/ids_photos_en/r3026477621.jpg)
Never been a big fan of this kind of thing, but I got vertigo just looking at the picture.

Bollocks to that, I think. 8O

Sausehuhn
14th March 2005, 03:14 PM
Looks great...

That reminds me of a 100 km/h fast and 50 meters high thing I was sitting in last year...

edit:

here it is:

>>> http://www.schaefer-schausteller.de/turboforce/fotos/turbo%20gesamt.jpg

:lol:

Bob Todd
14th March 2005, 04:06 PM
I want to ride that! Both of 'em, in fact.

Hellfire_WZ
14th March 2005, 04:11 PM
900 FEET?! 8O

:turd <--- the contents of my kecks at the mere thought

Rapier Racer
14th March 2005, 04:15 PM
I like roller coasters, the Pepsi Max for example but Screw that with a capital S

Lance
14th March 2005, 04:46 PM
Spinning 'round the Strat in nothing but a bucket? oh HELL no.
give me a nice safe 600 KPH Icaras with one percent shields left and a missile-firing mob of angry Go-Teki pilots behind me.

yawnstretch
14th March 2005, 05:07 PM
If you want a real rush do a 10,000 feet skydive :D

Here's me debating whether or not to tell my mates that I survived!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/StephenMDublin/skydive/2textrnot2text.jpg

Lance
14th March 2005, 05:55 PM
''you jump; you pack''
well, that's one good way of avoiding responsibility for client death

Dimension
14th March 2005, 06:03 PM
Those rides look a pretty-pretty good, always been a fan of rides like that, but it's been ages since I last went to a theme park to go on one. Still would love to go on both of those :)

Deadly Diabetic
14th March 2005, 06:41 PM
ROFL Lance! I was looking at the exact same thing. It could be the latest rage in corporate litigation, passive responsiblity.

[Sign at zoo reads] You pet it, You cage it!

Nifty ;)

-DD

infoxicated
14th March 2005, 06:54 PM
Did anyone see that story about the asshole parents in Florida taking legal action against a garage because their son jumped off of it trying to land on another garage, missed, fell 80 feet, but survived. And the best they can come up with is that the garage owners are somehow responsible for stopping their son from doing that kind of thing.

The mind boggles, it really does - if I go and jump off of a garage when any responsible person would not, surely the fault lies with me and not the owner of the garage?

http://www.local6.com/station/4239256/detail.html

Lance
14th March 2005, 07:10 PM
much like the foolish woman who placed hot McDonalds coffee in between her legs whilst driving, then spilled it onto sensitive areas by changing car velocity too quickly, then sued McDonald's and won huge undeserved money from the court when the case should have immediately been tossed out as idiotic. the whole motivation of these people is greed and a desire to make others pay the bills for their own mistakes

Hellfire_WZ
14th March 2005, 07:37 PM
Or the absolute classic of a guy suing a motor home company because nowhere in the manual did it say he couldn't switch on cruise control and go in the back and make a cup of coffee. The result was the vehicle ploughing into the central reservation and the twat getting over $1 million compensation.

There was another in the Metro this morning about a kid who has just received £500,000 compensation from the owner of a glass house which he decided to walk along the top of, fall through and suffer head injuries.

Part of me laughs, and part of me feels disgusted that they won those claims.

Deadly Diabetic
14th March 2005, 08:17 PM
Of course the greatest tragedy maybe that ridiculous rulings like this become the catalyst that fuels tort reform. Not to say that their shouldn't be some degree of tort reform but when a jackass who thinks cruise-control is the same thing as autopilot is awarded the same amount as a man who mistakenly had a limb removed, you know there is something wrong. The conservative in me knows that companies need some protection in order to maintain viability but the cynic in me thinks that corporations would take every quality shortcut in the book if they weren't legally forced to do otherwise. Blah!

stin
16th March 2005, 05:31 PM
I would do it!!

stevie :D

Axel
16th March 2005, 09:06 PM
It makes me sick really, but yea, we live in a cruel world unfortunately.