PDA

View Full Version : What are you listening to….NOW!

Ally Graham
5th March 2005, 07:39 AM
Talk about the music that you are playing, be it in your bedroom, in your Sixth Form Common room, or even on your PSP.

I am a MASSIVE music fan, and have a mixed taste rangeing accross the genres.

I've been playing music from:
Rooster- Rooster, a really good debut rock album, these kids will go far,
Thirteen Senes- The Invitation, another fantastic debut album, not a single track I don't like,
The Killers- Hot Fuss, yet again another fantastic debut album, these guys are going to rock 2005!,

On order, or pre-ordered:
Kaiser Chiefs- Employment [2CD] [LIMITED EDITION],
Stereophonics- Language. Sex. Violence. Other? [CD + DVD] [LIMITED EDITION]

As you can tell, I am a big one for buying debut albums on the back of a few tracks, and I also like the LE albums.

Shem
5th March 2005, 07:45 AM
Nine Inch Nails - Leaving Hope (over and over again)

G'Kyl
5th March 2005, 07:55 AM
Currently I'm listening to Risotto from Fluke (just got it on ebay) and, as usual, to some cds from my estensive soundtrack (all scores, no licensed stuff) collection. Of particular interest at the time being is the music from House of Flying Daggers. Oh, and I almost forgot to mention some mixes by Adam Beyer. :)

Ben

Piranha Advancements
5th March 2005, 09:12 AM
Eh? Oh well.

-Slinky Planet:Tokyo Disc 2 - I take this old album out because some tracks make me envision a Wipeout race.eg. White Russians"Tortilla Wrap",Marc Lowndes"The Curse",Katana "Gemini" and Yoji Biomehanika" Dinf A Ling".

- Ladytron - Also bring this when I'm out.Electro baby.

-Portishead - Accompanying me as background music while I kill monsters and other cute stuffs in Norrath.

-Mr.Bungle - It's MR BUNGLE!!

- Tori Amos - A lady I just met MADE me listen to her..soo...*sigh*

On order, or pre-ordered:

System of a Down - Mesmerize
The Music

Hellfire_WZ
5th March 2005, 09:53 AM
Now playing:

Dream Evil - Dragonslayer, The Book Of Heavy Metal (Swedish heavy/power metal like you wouldn't believe. Riffs to pound your head apart)
Lost Horizon - Awakening The World (Another Swedish power metal band with one of the best debut albums I've ever heard)
Iron Savior - Dark Assault (German power metal band started by Kai Hansen of Helloween fame. Great stuff)
Sonata Arctica - Winterheart's Guild (Finnish power metal, very melodic)
Nightwish - Oceanborn, Wishmaster (Finnish power metal with classical vocals. Good mix if you ask me)
Apocalyptica - Cult (Uhhh... it's metal.... on cello. Sounds weird but it's bloody good stuff! They're Finnish by the way)

All at the same time. I luv my iPod! :D

On order:

Judas Priest - Angel Of Retribution (Need no introduction)

I'm also off to see Priest at Hammersmith Apollo on Wednesday week! :rock_on:

Dimension
5th March 2005, 11:16 AM
No albums for me really, I kind of stopped listening to my last album purchase (The Cloud Making Machine by Laurent Garnier) a few weeks back. Singles/mixes though:

Alter Ego - Rocker
Yello - The Race 2003 (Tomcraft Mix)
Kris B - Last Minute Flight (Blackwatch Mix)

Then again I did get hold of an underworld album the other day, i'd never bought onebefore and Oid wasn't out when I went to get it, that's pretty decent, if a little outdated.

Oh and on order:

Junkie XL - Radio JXL
Space Manoeuvres - Oid (Yup, still not released yet)

zargz
5th March 2005, 01:29 PM
Christian Walz - Wonderchild
Robyn - Keep This Fire Burning
both from swEden 8) yeh!

Praeterea censeo autopilotum esse delendam

lunar
5th March 2005, 01:52 PM
The most likely 6 to make it into the car changer at the mo:

Stanton Warriors: Stanton Sessions (if that`s the exact title?) The only breakbeat album I might like more than the Plumps. Not sure if I do.
Timo Maas: Music for the Maases 2
Plump DJs: Fabric Live
Green Day: American Idiot
Kelis: Tasty
Something by Bob Dylan. Probably Highway 61 or Bringin It All Back Home.

jospicy
5th March 2005, 03:46 PM
Foo Fighters - There's Nothing Left to Loose, abd One By One
Feeder - Pushing The Senses
The Killers - Hot Fuss
Stereophonics - Word Gets Around
and some other random tracks inclding Kings Of Leon, Led Zeppelin, Queen, Eifel 65 and, Moby

unfortunatlty i spent £530 on my new camera so have no CDs on order :cry:
but i get to see Feeder and Kings Of Leon live and am hoping to see the Foos when they come accross for T

Rapier Racer
6th March 2005, 05:17 PM
Muse – Absolution
Muse – Origin of Symmetry
Gorillaz – Gorillaz, you remember that cartoon band don’t you?
Sonic Heroes Soundtrack
Some of the music from Wipeout Fusion, 1.11 GB!!
Various Trance

Awaiting new Gorillaz album release date and name still not clear unfortunately

blain
6th March 2005, 05:24 PM
Wip3out Soundtrack, over and over again.

I WILL BEAT MY PERSONAL BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lance
6th March 2005, 05:41 PM
:) go blain!

Mobius
6th March 2005, 05:51 PM
Keane - Hopes and fears
Franz ferdinand
UT2004 soundtrack

----want----

Kasaibian
Scicssor siters
jem - finally woken (mainly they but still..)
chemical brothers - push that button

Roger
6th March 2005, 06:12 PM
Orbital - Peel session 28 july 2004

jospicy
6th March 2005, 09:02 PM
wow anothr Muse fan :D
more music tonight form the murky depths of my hard disk
Feeder - Pushing the senses
Muse - Showbiz
Gorrillaz
Dido - No Angel
Coldplay - Parachutes and A Rush Of Blood To The Head
Scissor Sisters

only 60 out of 1144 tracks today :P
*still awaiting the arrival of 2097 :(.. *

Thruster2097
6th March 2005, 09:02 PM
Currently listening to: (in rotation throughout the day)
Killers - Hot Fuss
Lost Prophets - Start Something
Offspring: Ixnay on the Hombray
Rob Zombie - Past Present & Future
Prodigy - Always Outnumbered Never Outgunned
High Contrast - High Society

On Pre-order
Daft Punk - Human After All

Rachel Johnson
7th March 2005, 09:33 AM
In order:

Rammstein - Rein Raus
Rammstein - Zwitter
Meiko Kaji - Urami Bushi
Arch Enemy - We will rise

^^;

infoxicated
7th March 2005, 10:36 AM
http://www.audioscrobbler.com/user/infoxicated/

There's a lot of Britney and Rachel Stevens in there, but in my defense I'm not the only one who uses the computer at home and it just logs everything that's played! :lol: :oops:

In the car I'm listening to a nice tranquil album by a band called The Aurora, who seem to have disappeared off the face of the earth, but I've only just gotten their album. And I'm quite into the hard rockin' Winnebago Deal at the moment, too. :)

zargz
7th March 2005, 11:08 AM
Wip3out Soundtrack, over and over again.
I WILL BEAT MY PERSONAL BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!http://www.geocities.com/zargz/leenden/ok.gif wipE on!

Praeterea censeo autopilotum esse delendam

Sausehuhn
7th March 2005, 02:34 PM
Hm...

I'm listen to Orbitals "Blue Album" (finally the last one :( ) and to their Best Of (including "Funny Break" :D )

I also listen to Amethyst's "Golden Fish Fever" (bought it on amazon, you can't get it here in Germany).
- Does anybody know if there will be a new album?! The tracks are really cool, but after Fusion there was nothing new released :?

And if I've nothing else to do I listen to the radio for example when I'm drawing at my new big picture 8)

Chill
7th March 2005, 04:02 PM
Well, it's not what I listen to at the time, because I'm not a full-of-time person, really. And it seems that most of the time I listen to music, It's just satellite radio-SIRIUS-Chill. The only CD i've listened to lately was Red and White Stripes. Before that was Modest Mouse. Before that was Bob Marley. And, well, their goes my memory. I try not to strain myself too hard thinking on these things. :wink:
-Type of music I have listened to and really liked or want would be much more interesting, but I haven't bought much new music lately. :(
btw-i have Gorillaz too!! :roll:

jospicy
7th March 2005, 11:18 PM
wow infox i'm dissappointed the stuff from the first foos album all lurks near the bottom of the list some of the tracks on that have to be my favorites (Ehausted - what a sound :P i love that distorted geetar) but your forgiven cos all my life has to be one of the best songs :rock_on but then further down none of the new feeder stuff :cry: awesome album (guess who's got tickets :hyper :hyper :P) anyway gotta get back to school work
more random music tonigh :P

infoxicated
8th March 2005, 09:51 AM
I've only listened to the new Feeder album once. Then, before I took the same route as their old drummer, I decided not to listen to it again. Feeder have just become far too miserable for me - give me Buck Rogers and Just a Day over any of their last two albums. :)

Ally Graham
8th March 2005, 10:50 AM
I understand what you are saying, however all bands evolve over time, and they lose fans and gain fans along the way.
I am a Feeder fan that likes all their music.

Listerning to...
Kaiser Chiefs- Employment (2CD Edition), A very good debut album, all the tracks are diffrent from oneanother.

edit by Lance: unnecessary quote of immediately previous post was removed

jospicy
8th March 2005, 03:32 PM
i have come up with a theory: there are two types of pepole who listen to music
eg from those who listen to feeder there are those who listen to the music and those who listen to the lryics and each group like different songs eg musically tumble and fall, child in yuo and satellite news are my favorites but lryically Buck Rogers and Just the way i'm feelig are my favorites

Dimension
8th March 2005, 10:14 PM
wow anothr Muse fan :D

Muse - Showbiz

i watched muse on the telly back at glastonbury 2004 and was not impressed (though a big deal of that was down to BBC showing them instead of Orbital's final glastonbury, wankers that the beeb-see are ), anyway yeah, I didn't think they were very good, the more anthemy ones they played that i knew from the earlier album (though I forget the names) were decent, though most of the supposed new album sounded like it was just leeching off the sounds of the first one, same piano bits, same vocal style and everything. Dunno what that you've named is though, just thought i'd point that out, I still feel kind of bitter about BBC ****ing me over on that one which is probably why i mentioned this, it'll probably make me hate Muse from now until the day i die and through no (complete) fault of their own, kind of sad really :( Oh and uh, I apologise for dissing your band jospicy :wink:

Ally Graham
21st August 2005, 08:54 AM
Decided to revive this topic.

Thirteen Senes- The Invitation, fantastic debut album, not a single track I don't like,
Jamiroquai- Dynamite, Another great album from the funk king, again not a single track I dislike!,
Pendulum- Hold Your Colour, The case sums it up, 'Pendulum have created the drum 'n' base equivalent of stadium rock', the highlights being 'Slam', 'Fasten Your Seatbelt', and 'Tarantula',
Foo Fighters- In Your Honour, A great double album, one hard album, one very gentle, both equal play,
Kristian Leontiou- Some Day Soon, Suprised that not many people know of him, great vocals, and another album of tracks that I like all of,
James Blunt- Back To Bedlam, You all know him, great voice, and I would like to point out that I had his album well before people had heard of him,
Hard-Fi- Stars of CCTV, Another great album, full of possible hits.

Rouni Kenshin#1
21st August 2005, 02:38 PM
mostoly 3 bands.

The Ataris
Relient K
Audio A

and a little random jazz on the side, you know like American patrol stuff like that.

Mobius
21st August 2005, 02:50 PM
Revised version of what i listen to.

Muse
Greenday
Killers
Gorillaz
System Of A Down
Coldplay
James Blunt
Lostprophets

Something along those lines. Funnily enough, classical music with drums added such a finished symphony are cool too.

Kristian Leontiou- Some Day Soon, Suprised that not many people know of him, great vocals, and another album of tracks that I like all of

Please don't get me started on him, i've heard it one time too many. Last year on a school trip one of my mates kept on constanly playing it, then he wen't into some weird state of depression for a day of it and played it even more. Gah! Good artist mabey, but I found the lyrics depressing.

Sumimasen
21st August 2005, 09:16 PM
My current iPod faves are:

The Mad Capsule Markets - OSC-DIS / Cistm Konfliqt
Nine Inch Nails - With Teeth / Still
Skinny Puppy - Greater Wrong of the Right / Too Dark Park / Rabies
WipEout 3 Soundtrack
Rammstein - Reise Reise
Orbital - In Sides
Guitar Vader - Remixes GVR
Pop Will Eat Itself - Dos Dedos Mis Amigos
OhGr - SunnyPsyOp
Kasabian - Club Foot EP
Pitchshifter - P.S.I.

And that's quite a mixture!

8O

RJ O'Connell
22nd August 2005, 12:30 AM
Currently going on my iPod-type MP3 player:

White Light Motorcade - It's Happening
Home Town Hero - Robbers

rejj
22nd August 2005, 11:36 AM
Right now.. VNV Nation - Chrome.
I'll be seeing them play on the 3rd of September, yay.

Mogaar
22nd August 2005, 06:33 PM
Right now I happen to be listening to The Cooper Temple Clause - Kick Up the Fire, And Let the Flames Break Loose (http://www.artistdirect.com/nad/store/artist/album/0,,2794036,00.html#review).

element42
22nd August 2005, 06:44 PM
the new Super Furry Animals album - Love Kraft. It's rather good.

Mogaar
22nd August 2005, 06:50 PM
Hey Sumimasen,

You're listening to Pitchshifter?! Awesome! I love them!

Sumimasen
22nd August 2005, 06:56 PM
Yeah, Mogaar. They are one of my all time favorite bands.

'Twas a sad day when they split, but I was lucky enough to see them on their farewell tour in 2003 - in Swindon, no less!!! :D

* Currently listening to 'Still & Raw EP' by Front 242 *

Lance
22nd August 2005, 07:26 PM
[offtopic: pass by to the right of the orange traffic cones, please]
Paul, the only thing i know about Swindon is that it had a railroad station that was on the line that the Mallard ran in 1938 when it set a new speed record for steam locomotives of 126 miles per hour. [although other countries claim records of similar but very slightly greater speed, most of them being believable but less clearly documented]
end of traffic cones

Space Cowboy
22nd August 2005, 08:11 PM
I am currently listening to the 'Desert Lounge' - Various Artisits.
Its bringing back all the memories of sleeping rough in the 'Empty Quarter' of the arabian desert :) Oh the bliss.....

Sumimasen
22nd August 2005, 08:31 PM
* Further Topic Lane Closure - Delays Possible *

Lance, it appears that Swindon's history is defined by steam railways, and was the base of the GWR (Great Western Railway) back in the day. The McArthur Glen outlet centre is also home to the GWR Museum. Never been in there though (being only a recent 'import' to the area).

Other claims to fame include XTC, Billie Piper and Melinda Messeger... Oh Well...

My home town of Rugby is known for being the birth place of a sport. The name eludes me at the moment though... :roll:

* END - Sorry for any inconvenience *

Back to the topic..

* Currently listening to 'Voyeur' by Noise Unit (Front Line Assembly off-shoot) *

Lance
22nd August 2005, 10:29 PM
XTC's 'Senses Working Overtime' followed by 'Ad Nos Ad Salutarum Undam' by Franz Liszt played on the old Atlantic City Convention Hall's Midmer-Losh pipe organ, which produces what are possibly the most massive musical sounds i've ever heard. all acoustic!

Rapier Racer
22nd August 2005, 10:55 PM
let see, some wipeout pure music, some random trance, spot of metallica and a few wrestling theme tunes