PDA

View Full Version : Wipeout: The Next Generation

Task
15th February 2005, 03:52 AM
5 and a half hours ago, my son was born.

His eyes track movement quite well, his hands grip things placed near them, given 20 years I'm sure I can train his piloting instincts to near perfection. 8 )

So seeing as how my wife and kid are going to be in the hospital for the next couple days (C-section recovery time is unfortunately a tad long) and I'm sure I won't have much free time for even the next while after that, I probably won't be around so much for the next little while.

I shall return!

Mano
15th February 2005, 04:04 AM
Congratulations Task!, you must feel really excited now; best wishes to you and your family in this new stage of your life.

btw maybe your sonĀ“s generation will enjoy REAL AG racing...;)

Chill
15th February 2005, 04:38 AM
CONGRADULATIONS!!!! I'm really happy for you. Train him well, Mano just may be right! We'll be the old farts, still playing the game, while your son'll be doing the real thing! Hopefully he'll like it, but have patients, just remember how hard it was for all of us to start playing the first wipeout. He's probably gonna crash like crazy at first, but just tell him that we all start out that way. Ah, forget what I'm saying, he's your son, not mine!! :D :wink:

Hybrid Divide
15th February 2005, 05:50 AM
CONGRATS TASK!

That's fantastic news!

Good luck to all of you! :D

zargz
15th February 2005, 06:00 AM
Congrtulations J!http://www.geocities.com/zargz/leenden/ok.gif
All the Best to you and your family! >> (^_( ';' )_^)

Preaterea censeo autopilotum esse delandam

G'Kyl
15th February 2005, 06:12 AM
Congratulations, Task! All the best wishes to you and your family. Enjoy what's coming up now, I heard it does not get any better than that. :)

zargz
15th February 2005, 07:29 AM
and Then in 18 years time from now you and your wife can relax again! :D
;)

Preaterea censeo autopilotum esse delandam

mid
15th February 2005, 07:36 AM
Congratulations! Our son is only 5 months old himself, so I remember that feeling pretty well!

He's already tried to play WO3:SE, would you believe. Well, he's tried to 'helpfully' push the stick while Daddy is playing, anyway. The little genius almost did the big shortcut at Porto Kora, too; would've made it if I wasn't playing at Vector at the time, and so we didn't have enough height...

Hellfire_WZ
15th February 2005, 07:43 AM
That's brilliant news! I'm sure it won't be long before he's smacking us all over the track. :wink:

Congratulations, and all the best for the future. :)

Shem
15th February 2005, 07:51 AM
Congratulations Task!

I hope you'll teach your kid to kick Al's or Arnaud's ass on the tables (somebody will finally have to beat them) because I think that "he who is the son of Task" is the right person :wink:

xEik
15th February 2005, 10:15 AM
Congratulations Task! :D

I think he won't need as long as 20 years to beat your ass in WO multiplayer mode. ;) But don't let this hinder his AG training. :lol:

At least, drop a line as soon as you get your copy of Pure for a review (that is if your new duties as a father let you enough time to buy the PSP, the game and even write a review ;) )

satriani
16th February 2005, 06:38 PM
All of the best. You're life will be forever moded. My son Jake is three in April and saw the Pure site intro tonight for the first time and he won't stop chattering about the 'funny cars'. I think I've got the 2 perfect excuses now to justify a PSP. Hand eye co-ordination in a three year old and my 40th in July. Yeha July is a long way away but I'm still hearing about chip shortages , so I think July is a reasonable date to realistcally get one.

TTFN

Lance
16th February 2005, 06:51 PM
Jay! congratulations, my old racing buddy! your life is indeed forever changed. for the better, i should think. it will certainly be more complex and more interesting, not to mention challenging. best of luck to you

cheers.

___Lance

infoxicated
16th February 2005, 07:03 PM
Wow - congrats, Jay :)

Axel
16th February 2005, 08:15 PM
Congrats on the little baby, we need more pilots for the wipeout grinder :D