PDA

View Full Version : easiEst way to see who is D-pad / neGcon!

zargz
12th February 2005, 09:26 AM
There's been a lot of suggestions about this - the 'negcon button' among others. Here is mine :D
stin showed me a feature I didnt know of :oops: on the time tables - if you hoover with the mouse pointer/cursor above a name [Steven Hunter]
then a text will popup with the nickname [stindah] from the boards! It's a great way to know who is who on the tables/boards!
Nothing apered over my name, obviously, so I quickly asked how to do it? and here is how you do/where to go:
My WipeoutZone >> Log-in >> My Account Details >> Nickname / Forum Name. There you write your nick!
Taking it one step further you could write there as I did 'zargz >> D-pad' or 'stindah - neGcon' !!!
actually is not my idea - I was checking the names/nicknames and arnaud had 'old assayyeah negcon user' or something 8)
I think it's an easy and quick way to do it and also many wipers don't even have their nick there so it's good as a reminder as well! ;)
so there you go wipers - let's see who's using what technology! :D

Preaterea censeo autopilotum esse delandam

Roger
12th February 2005, 12:02 PM
Hey, that's a nifty idea! I'll add "stick" to my nick right away.

Only problem is if you've got records with different controllers. I guess it's best to enter the one you use the most.

G'Kyl
12th February 2005, 12:42 PM
Great idea, zargz! I'll ad the info right away. Roger: You're right, records achieved with different controllers is sort of a problem. I suggest users who have used more than one controller add the name of the controller they are currently using first and the one they stopped using second. I think it highly unusual that pilots continue to fly with more than one controller. Or is it not?

Ben

infoxicated
12th February 2005, 12:53 PM
I was going to add another option to your profile so that you could say which controller was your weapon of choice, but, as the man said above, some people have gained different records with different controllers.

I've actually gained my Portokora records with a NegCon, but I couldn't say I was a full time Neg'er, so it seemed to be a bit of a misrepresentation for me to claim I'd used it for them all.

Task
12th February 2005, 06:58 PM
Oooh, if we added a field (optional, of course) to the time table entry where you could enter the controller type used, and have a field on the user profile that establishes the _default_ controller (the one that starts off being selected in the time table entry field so you don't have to always go changing it every record you enter) then we'd be able to query the database for what percentage of people preferred which controller and how many of the top 5 pilots use the neggie...

A lot more effor than it's worth, but I'm allowed to get excited over data manipulation.

Yes, I'm a database geek. 8 P

Dimension
12th February 2005, 08:36 PM
Nice spot Zargz/Stin/Old Assayyeah, not a worry for me the multiple controllers thing, D-Pad all the way! :rock_on (we should get neggy/Dual Shock smilies for posts like this, there's always the questions about neggies toanswer :P)

zargz
12th February 2005, 11:11 PM
well, I mean if you got 2 records with neGcon and 20 with D-pad then you write D-pad, imo >> man, and I didn't even think about the stix!! 8O
:idea: or you could write ' stick / negcon ' or ' D-pad ; negcon ' the first beeng the one you use the most!
now that I remember I read somewhere infoxx didnt like wo1 ( and 2097?? ) coz had no analog steering!
infoxx, you think it would be ok to take away the ' Title: ' thing in the popup text?
for more space and stuff .. :roll:

zargz
13th February 2005, 11:00 AM
wow! this is really coo! 8O
Never suspected G'Kyl to be a neGcon-rider! .. :guns
:wink: hehe!

G'Kyl
13th February 2005, 01:29 PM
Yeah, I sort of kept you in the dark there so you'd be more impressed. ;)

But let's get back on topic. :-) You know, what's funny is that I never even realized you could see the pilot's nick before you mentioned it. Maybe there is a chance to get a tooltip-like popup when you hover over the name?

Ben

faB
13th February 2005, 03:15 PM
But let's get back on topic. :-) You know, what's funny is that I never even realized you could see the pilot's nick before you mentioned it.

Me neither. I added [d-pad] to my nick, not that I am in a lot of tables, I think my highest pos is 5th ;p

zargz
13th February 2005, 03:53 PM
cool faB! now I'm on my way to the tables to see who the heck are you! :wink:

Asayyeah
14th February 2005, 01:03 PM
Yes Zargz i have decided to add ' Neg-con user' last year to my Nick , and this way people know with which kind of ' material' i use to play Wipeout , and in few days i will add something more to that nick , but i will explain that & of course my come-back to that site in a topic.

Fab:are you Flamand or Wallon ?

Lance
14th February 2005, 06:12 PM
i thought he was Fabrice ;)

zargz
14th February 2005, 07:29 PM
Yes Zargz i have decided to add ' Neg-con user' last year to my Nick , and this way people know with which kind of ' material' i use to play WipeoutYeah! and that was a Great idea! :D

zargz
16th February 2005, 08:25 AM
C'mon guys! :evil:
.. and girls .. 8O
Let's do this! it's not that hard .. :|
Assegai dev., Hellfire, Stindah and so on :?

lunar: you can write 'lunar' there as well! ;)