PDA

View Full Version : Plump DJs

Bob Todd
28th January 2005, 09:20 PM
Just read in Mixmag that the Plumps are recording a new compilation for this spring. Woo! I loved Urban Underground, as well as their own albums A Plump Night Out and Eargasm, so I'm looking forward to this.

lunar
29th January 2005, 12:19 AM
excellent news - the Plumps make very witty music, and improve everything they get their hands on. They deserve to feature in Wipeout Pure too, seeing as they were the best act in Fusion, imho.

Speaking of Fusion artists, Timo Maas "Music for the Maases 2" is also very good, particularly when you`re driving your car in the wee small hours. 8)

(though not really with sunglasses on, obviously)

Leftism
6th February 2005, 02:39 AM
How much do you reckon I'd get for selling Elastic Breaks? Nuff love for that Mixmag CD. On their website they mentioned some secret collaboration thingy goin on. Must be that then.

ResidentDante
11th February 2005, 10:02 PM
If people here like Plump DJ's, I recommend The Crystal Method too! They have those noisy big-beat type of techno tunes like The Chemical Brothers used to have in the mid-90's.

Try out the albums: Tweekend (2003) and Legion of Boom (2004)
:D

Shem
11th February 2005, 10:14 PM
If people here like Plump DJ's, I recommend The Crystal Method too! They have those noisy big-beat type of techno tunes like The Chemical Brothers used to have in the mid-90's.

Try out the albums: Tweekend (2003) and Legion of Boom (2004)
:D

or Vegas LP (with my personal fav - Keep Hope Alive)

Dimension
11th February 2005, 11:23 PM
<--- not a fan of The Crystal Method.

Then again that's based on but a few songs that I have heard, born too slow took my interest for about 3 listens but meh, nothing otherwise :?

And on topic, i've heard prettymuch only remixes from the plumps and in plentiful supply too, thanks to their massive DJ support, I thought up until recently that they were remixers only, silly me then :)

science
12th February 2005, 09:46 PM
If you're a plump dj's fan and you have yet to download their essential mix, I suggest that you do. It's got to be my favorite breakbeat mix ever.

Bob Todd
24th February 2005, 09:46 AM
Download? Is it not available to buy?

science
25th February 2005, 03:26 AM
I wouldn't know. I live in the States.