PDA

View Full Version : Let's make nantwiches!

Bob Todd
21st January 2005, 04:16 PM
A nantwich, invented by Douglas Adams and John Loyd, consists of two slices of the driest thing in the fridge, with the most spread-like thing (that isn't actually a spread) in the fridge between them.

If you keep bread in your fridge, it doesn't count and you may not use it. Plus, you're weird.

The person who started this topic in the forum from which I stole it said: "I do not recommend dairy on dairy; cheddar slices with mayo filling was... unpleasant."
Which I think is odd; I really liked those two things before I gave up dairy, and I imagine they'd be quite nice together. But then, I like to eat Marmite and marmalade sandwiches, honey in hot water, and strawberries with balsamic vinegar and black pepper.

Go to your fridge now, make a nantwich and eat it. Then tell us the results.

I've just had two spears of raw asparagus with maple syrup. It was actually bloody lovely: the asparagus was much nicer raw than any cooked 'gus I've had.
The very old cheese lurking at the back of the fridge evolving into a new life form would probably be drier, but I'm not eating that.

infoxicated
21st January 2005, 04:23 PM
If you keep bread in your fridge, it doesn't count and you may not use it. Plus, you're weird.As if keeping my bread in the fridge makes me any more weird...

Dimension
21st January 2005, 07:41 PM
I'm now enjoying a "nantwich" comprising two slices of wafer thin sliced chicken and some uncooked dolmio lasagne sause, quite nice actually, I couldn't find anything drier. I actually enjoyed this more than any lasagne i've ever had, oddd that heheh

Cheers for the idea Bob Todd :D

*edit* and out of interest, I have no idea what either asparagus or maple syrup tastes like