PDA

View Full Version : font question

awkwardsilence
20th January 2005, 01:13 AM
hello people,

this is my first post here and i'm simply writing to ask a question many of you know the answer to - it's about the availablility of a particular wipeout related font (or a near copy of it). the font in question can be seen on the 'ag systems wallpaper' on the downloads page of this very site.
looking at that particular wallpaper, the font in question the 'rounded' one in the bottom left corner, which simply says 'wip3out' in larger letters than the text around it. directly above this word is 'wipeout 3 logotype'.
so does anyone know what this larger rounded font is called and if it exists in the public domain? if so does anyone know where it can be found???
i've searched and searched but haven't found it.
any help will be appreciated.
thankyouforreadinggoodbye 8O

Lance
20th January 2005, 03:25 AM
i don't know, but probably somebody does; however, the only reason i answered your post is to welcome you to the forums. :)

infoxicated
20th January 2005, 08:58 AM
This was never a font - the words WipEout were drawn, probably in Adobe illustrator or some equivalent. The only font available is the square cornered one - this drove me crazy too when I was hunting down a rounded version for the original design of this site.

awkwardsilence
20th January 2005, 06:12 PM
thanks for the replies and for the welcome.
sorry to hear it doesn't exist as a ttf but nevermind.
i guess i'll have to create it myself (as i'd suspected...).
so, apart from that one word 'wip3out' in that style, does anyone know of any more letters/numbers/characters embedded in images in that style anywhere on the net, as basing a new font on just 6 letters and 1 number could be hard! :?
as ever, any leads are appreciated.
thankyouforreadinggoodbye