PDA

View Full Version : Wipeout...

stin
30th December 2004, 07:03 PM
...Zone?

How did you discover wipeoutzone?....through google,or whatever you can find.....???

I did found out through Fusion (Wipeout Fusion Forum, now non-exist!)!!

stevie :)

Rapier Racer
30th December 2004, 07:07 PM
same for me heard someone mention it there

DuraFlex
30th December 2004, 07:16 PM
The first time was when I was searching for "wipeout font" on google because I was playing some designer myself :p (and I'm a wipeout fan, so it was an inspiration :D). This was one of the sites showing up. Then I saw all the features and I was surprised by all the content on this site.

This week a found my way back by searching some additional info about wipeout pure and again google showed me the way :wink:

Mobius
30th December 2004, 09:02 PM
seriously I can't remember - might've been thru google or what ever but my mind only draws a blank...

Prometheus
30th December 2004, 10:48 PM
I think I played all the wipeouts in one very long week without sleep... upon completing the last one i was in trance like state, I waddled over to the computer and my hands typed the URL www.wipeoutzone.com and hey presto
I think it a subliminal thing built into the games... :lol:

piranha wiper
30th December 2004, 11:48 PM
after wf i watched the credits coz i got bored and wanted to see who made it and saw "and special thanks to infoxicated and all the pilots at wipeoutzone.com" ?! whats that then? tappy tappy hey presto this site poped up vaoila, so i joined then i played a game of 12 ag crafts.

Dimension
31st December 2004, 12:03 AM
I can't really remember for myself, I found this site, posted a few times and then didn't come this way for about another year, can't remember much of how I found it, maybe it had something to do with finding more info on wipeout 3 which was the only one of the first three I hadn't played (and because Xpander was on it, a very important track to me, even before I knew it was on wip3out)... so yeah, I dunno :roll:

2SU
31st December 2004, 12:16 AM
Xpander is - IMHO one of the most original pieces of music ever written; and it's good too. found this through a Google search - although I've been playing 2097 since I had it on an ancient "Demo One" disk that came with my playstation.

I didn't know this forum was actually mentioned in the Fusion credits - when I read the post I'm like - " 8O Errr.... OK... cuf me! infoxicated et cie. are actually famous! 8O " lol

zargz
31st December 2004, 10:16 AM
used 2hav my own wo site with time tables for wipEout, wo2097 and just begun with wo3
then saw woz on altavista, b4 google time,and Tthen after a while gave up my site (wasnt databased so .. )

Hellfire_WZ
31st December 2004, 10:49 AM
First heard about it during Al's Zone tournament between here and the official site. I joined soon after it ended.... when Al and Oggob single handedly smashed anything we could do.

stin
31st December 2004, 08:29 PM
after wf i watched the credits coz i got bored and wanted to see who made it and saw "and special thanks to infoxicated and all the pilots at wipeoutzone.com" ?! whats that then? tappy tappy hey presto this site poped up vaoila, so i joined then i played a game of 12 ag crafts.

I did`nt even noticed!!!!!! 8O Now I have seen it for the first time!

Life are full of surprises huh? :oops:

stevie :oops:

G'Kyl
2nd January 2005, 10:24 AM
If I remember correctly I was simple looking for "Wipeout" on Google or whatever search engine I was using then. That's how I first found out about the WOZ, though I never dared to register before early last year. Maybe I was afraid of the really-into-it community here. ;-)

Ben

Sausehuhn
2nd January 2005, 12:24 PM
Yep, google.

But... I have tro say, there are not many things that advertising WipEout. The only promotion I've ever seen was on the backside of the booklet of TIF 2002. Maybe you will find some others in older games of course for 2097 or Wip3out.
The way I get to know WipEout was an old demo of Wip3out, I think without that I would not play the game.
In TV I also saw never a spot about a WipEout game and I also don't know many peolpe who know the game.
Hey, Liverpool, we need more promotion for the game here in Germany! :wink:

Shem
2nd January 2005, 01:12 PM
Well, I was discovering the invention of the internet, and stumbled upon a Mad Max Movies site. Then I thought "okay, so there must be a site about Wipeout as well!". Google search and voilla! I got here. It was the second day I had internet connection installed. Yup.

Gonaka
2nd January 2005, 05:44 PM
for me i was lead on straight from the original wip3out pilots association. god, i can still remember infoxicated's original post saying he was setting up a little site called wipeoutzone ^_^

there was a little screenshot of the work in progress and everything lol

seems so long ago...

jospicy
4th January 2005, 06:51 PM
I was a googler looking for the files to fix a busted WO disc and kinda ended up hangin aroud :D and a good choice it was

Smashing Young Man
11th January 2005, 10:26 PM
The Wonderous Google. I hadn't played Wipeout in years (and still haven't, as it happens), but something about the game, despite my long seperation from it, continues to stick in my mind and occasionally drives me to browse for sites related to the game (old reviews, screenshots, whatever). That's how I stumbled across this fine place.

The other day, I even dug up a yellowed old Next Generation magazine that contained a preview of the very first WipEout for the original Playstation and read it. Nostalgia can be a powerful thing sometimes. :)

Thruster2097
11th January 2005, 10:36 PM
www.wip3out.com
The offical sony site for fans of wipeout 3.

Then a few of the regular pilots ( :caz, al, wamdue) made their own fansite, called wip3out.de.

I just tagged along or the rather bumpy ride.

And the rest, as they say, is history!