PDA

View Full Version : Did Microsoft Make A Mistake ?

Glockster0
25th December 2004, 02:55 AM
With How They Handled Curly Monsters And Quantum Redshift ?

Lance
25th December 2004, 01:22 PM
that would depend on your point of view, whether you're a heartless impersonal corporation or an independent human being

G'Kyl
25th December 2004, 04:20 PM
What exactely did they do to Curly Monsters? From where I stand it sounds OK that MS had expected QR to make some money. If it didn't I understand they let go of CM and any possible QR franchise. Am I missing something (serious question)?

Ben

Glockster0
25th December 2004, 09:23 PM
Well From My Point Of View They Really Just Snuck It Out And Did No Promoting Of It And I Also Heard They Said There Was Going To Be A Sequeal Too I Mean Hell They Did Have The Original Wipeout Team On It

Mobius
25th December 2004, 09:30 PM
whoawhoawhoawhoawhoa....slow down and take a deep breath...

what the hell did they do now? (do not include take over the pc world)

the snuffed curly monsters or somehting?

Lance
25th December 2004, 10:54 PM
their decision not to do a QR sequel meant the death of Curly Monsters, the game development company of Nick Burcombe and others of the original Wipeout team

G'Kyl
26th December 2004, 05:37 PM
Which, however, is not the fault of Microsoft (except, of course, you call every act within a profit-oriented society or organisation faulty - which you could :) ). I know, this is not what you said, Lance. I'm trying to point at Glockster0's argument.

Ben

RJ O'Connell
29th December 2004, 06:07 PM
I thought CM closing came first, THEN the cancelling of QR2.

Hit the Search Button and look for any posts by Nick Burcombe (yes, THAT Nick Burcombe.)

Rapier Racer
29th December 2004, 06:11 PM
I do apologise as i think this has been asked before but why aren't the original WIpeout team doing Wipeout now?

RJ O'Connell
29th December 2004, 06:14 PM
I do apologise as i think this has been asked before but why aren't the original WIpeout team doing Wipeout now?
May have been due to the Studio Liv rebadge or tDR's departure.

Lance
29th December 2004, 07:24 PM
Nick and, i think, Andy Satterthwaite moved on to their own company. others moved on also. sometimes people must get bored doing the same franchise over and over.

btw, Nick is working for Sony again, but on F1, i think. no AG racing.

Axel
29th December 2004, 11:29 PM
I'm really hoping for a ps2 wipeout very soon. I'm not getting a psp just for wipeout :( I'm a broke ass student!! :P